Chapter 5

Last Kiss, Last Heart, Last Love

Yesung's POV

I watched closely as I dragged Sungmin away from the classroom. I saw him blush slightly, and gosh. That was by far, the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'm not afraid to admit it. I love Sungmin. Yes, love, not like. Ever since we were kids, I've had these feelings for him and I never stopped. I couldn't stop. I fell too deeply in love with him. As much as he tried to forget, whether it was by dating others or some other tactic, it would never work. 

Sungmin...what have you done to me? 

I took Sungmin to the only place I knew in this school. The rooftop. It had a nice view, a small garden, and a bench. As we were walking towards the rooftop, I noticed how Sungmin was in deep thought. 

I wonder what he's thinking about. Probably me!


Sungmin's POV

Not good. Not good. DEFINITELY NOT GOOD. Why is my heart fluttering at the sudden contact? It's not like we're dating or anything so I shouldn't have these sudden feelings for Yesung. It was true...in the past, he liked Yesung more than just a friend, and no, not in a brotherly way either. It was the first time he felt happy because he knew his childhood friend must have felt the same way. They would always care for each other, occasionally give each other kisses on the forehead or cheek, and spent each and every day together. It was as if they were a couple but...then everything changed. 


Flashback

No One's POV

"Yesungie!" a bunny boy shouted as he recognized a familiar figure ahead of him. He opened his arms wide and ran towards the person as fast as his small legs could carry him. Slowly but surely, the said person turned around and smiled as he realized who the person was.

Opening his arms wide, he allowed the bunny to bury his face in his shirt. Laughing lightly, Yesung kissed the other's forehead. 

"Minnie! How are you today?" Yesung asked with a smile. However, the smile faded as he saw the older, yet more childish, boy frowning slightly and pouting. "Minnie? What's wrong?" 

"Y-You didn't visit me yesterday!" Sumgmin complained, still keeping his pout. He wasn't really mad. He always just loved hearing Yesung caring about him and feeling bad because it makes him have a little bit of fun with the turtle. 

"Ah, mianhe Minnie," replied Yesung with a small smile and kissed him on his cheek.

Oh, did I also mention how much I love his kisses? 

"Hehehe..it's okay! Let's go play now!" Sungmin said while smiling happily. They've been with each other for seven years now, and he had to admit, it was perfect as long as Sungmin was able to see his Yesungie. However, when he noticed the younger's expression, his smile eventually vanished completely. 

"Sungmin...I'm sorry I can't. I'm moving tomorrow and my parents want me to help with packing. I know this is our last day together and I feel really bad for not being able to play with you on our last day." he said while smiling apologetically. 

"Oh, it's okay Yesungie! You're coming back though, right?" the bunny asked, smiling brightly, believing his turtle would come back for sure and this is only a temporary movement. However, he was wrong.

"No...I'm sorry Sungmin. I won't be coming back at all. My father is being promoted and we all have to move. I have to go now...I hope we can meet again, Minnie. I'm going to really miss you." Yesung replied. 

I love you, Minnie. I'm just too afraid to say it...but I know this is for the better. You deserve someone better than me. 

With one last kiss on the forehead, Yesung left Sungmin, walking back towards his house. 

"Y-Yesungie...? But why...I-I love you..." Sungmin whispered, inaudibly. 

Heartbroken, Sungmin stood there as his tears gradually fell. They began to stain his cheeks and eventually fell to the ground, but he didn't care. All he cared about was how his first love was now leaving him. 

Little did Sungmin know, a boy was watching from behind his curtains, tears streaming down his face, feeling the same pain, as he watched the scene. 

Mianhe, Minnie. Saranghae. Let's meet again in the future.

With one last look, both Yesung and Sungmin walked away, hoping to cross paths another day.

Saranghae...Yesung.