Chapter 21

Last Kiss, Last Heart, Last Love

Henry was sitting outside of the emergency room, waiting for any news about Sungmin's or Kyuhyun's conditions. Zhou Mi was holding onto his lover and comforting the little one who was silently crying for his brother. Suddenly, the sound of rushing footsteps could be heard. The couple looked up and inspected the hallway in which they were seated in and noticed two figures rushing towards them. Soon enough, they recognized the two faces as the Eunhae couple. 

When they reached Zhou Mi and Henry, both of them were out of breath, trying to breathe in as much air as they could. Donghae eventually collapsed onto the floor, along with Hyukjae, from exhaustion. However, they still had enough energy to question the other two. 

"W-what h-happened?"

Henry flinched at the question, but responded anyway.

"I-I don't know. I was on a date with Mimi and we were at the amusement park. B-but then...I-I got a call from the hospital saying t-that S-sungmin a-and K-kyuhyun got in some kind of a-accident." 

Zhou Mi hugged his boyfriend tightly as he broke down, crying into his lover's shirt. The couple sitting on the floor also had tears in their eyes for their friends. The atmosphere grew colder and quieter as everyone awaited for some sign of hope or anything that would tell them that Sungmin and Kyuhyun would be okay. Just then, footsteps were running down the hallway and the four looked to see Yesung and Ryeowook rushing towards them. 

"W-where are they?" 

Yesung was weary after the run. Henry and Donghae pointed at the emergency room and the older nodded in understanding. He walked to the wall, only to slump down and rest on the cold, hospital floor. Ryeowook limped after Yesung and sat beside him. Now that they were so close to their friends, they were more depressed, knowing something dreadful could happen any second. 

After hours of waiting and sulking, the doors to the emergency room finally opened, revealing a doctor whose used-to-be white coat was stained red from all the blood he must have dealt with. The six of them immediately got up from their resting position and hastily ran towards the doctor. 

"Dr. Kim, is my brother going to be all right?"

"Are they awake?"

"Are they okay?"

"Is Sungmin and Kyuhyun fine?"

"They're alive right?"

"Please tell me you saved them."

The six of them were throwing questions at the doctor who seemed to have been startled by their sudden appeareance. He backed away a little and told everyone to calm down. Once it was quiet again, he began to speak.

"Sungmin...is not in very good condition. Neither is Kyuhyun. Both of them lost a lot of blood, especially Sungmin. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, took a massive blow to the head. We believe his eyesight is...gone. I'm sorry."

Everyone was frozen in place, words couldn't be heard, and tears streamed down their faces. Donghae, Henry, and Ryeowook collapsed into their lover's arms and cried for their friends. 

"S-sungmin is awake if you would like to see him..."

Instantly, everyone rushed into the emergency room, revealing two bodies lying on a bed. One of the bodies had bandages covering his eyes and his arm was also bandaged up. The next body had bandages all over his arms and legs. The two bodies, though, had tubes sticking out of their arms, wires were everywhere, and occasional beeps could be heard. Everyone slowly walked over to the second bed. They all gathered around, and Henry reached down to brush away his brother's hair, revealing Sungmin's scratched up face. Bruises were visible on his forehead and his lips acquired scratches here and there. At the unexpected contact, Sungmin's body stirred slightly and his eyes slowly opened. 

"SUNGMIN!"

Everyone threw themselves at Sungmin, hugging him tightly until they heard him whimper in pain. They apologized to the injured boy, but tears of joy were now falling from their eyes. Sungmin was smiling weakly at them.

"I'm sorry for making everyone so worried..."

"P-pabo, Sungmin. What were you two thinking?!" 

Henry was crying his eyes out while scolding his older brother. However, his scolding didn't last long as he launched himself at Sungmin once more, smothering the older in an embrace.

"M-mianhe, Henry. I guess----"

Sungmin's words were cut short as he started to frantically search for something. Ryeowook moved out of the way, exposing the body that was lying there. Sungmin began to cry as he tried to get out of the bed. Henry and Zhou Mi helped Sungmin while everyone else slowly allowed for Sungmin to see his lover. He reached down to caress Kyuhyun's face, only to have his hand pushed away. He widened his eyes, as well as everyone else, as Kyuhyun's body began to stir. Slowly, everyone inched forward to see if the prince had awaken. 

"K-kyu?" Sungmin whispered.

"Who are you?"

Sungmin felt relieved that his beloved was finally awake. He reached for Kyuhyun's hand to hold it, but the other moved his hand away. Sighing in defeat, the older continued to talk.

"It's me, Kyu. Sungmin~"

Sungmin had a bright smile on his face. He was about to lean down and peck Kyuhyun's cheek, but, Kyuhyun's response was unexpected.

"I don't know who you are." 

Everyone in the room was now looking at Kyuhyun, fear in their eyes.

"K-kyuhyun. D-do you remember me?"

"Wookie? Yeah, I remember you."

"What about me Kyuhyun?"

This time Yesung stepped forward, challenging the prince.

"Yesung?"

Kyuhyun named each and everyone in the room, except for Sungmin. The bunny felt as though his heart was ripped in two. The person he loves doesn't even remember who he was anymore. However, he wasn't going to give up. He tried again.

"Kyu~ are you sure you don't remember your Minnie?" 

"No, I don't remember any Minnie or Sungmin. Stop calling me Kyu." Kyuhyun replied coldly. 

Sungmin felt tears in his eyes, but he decided to attempt one more time. 

This isn't real. 

"Kyuhyun, do you love me?"

This time, Henry, Zhou Mi, Donghae, Hyukjae, Yesung, and Ryeowook shifted their gaze towards Sungmin. They noticed the tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes. They glanced back at Kyuhyun who was searching for the sound of the voice. Sungmin stared intently at Kyuhyun as he began to answer his question

"Why would I love you?" 

Stab.

"I would never love you."

Double stab.

"I don't even know who you are."

Triple stab.

"Just stay away from me."

My heart broke into pieces...

"I hate you."

Sungmin couldn't believe what he just heard. The tears he was trying so hard to hold back finally fell and landed onto the hospital floor. He lifelessly walked back to his bed and collapsed, causing Henry to run over to his brother and comfort him. However, what Sungmin needed wasn't comfort. He needed his evil, loving, gaming, handsome Kyu back. 

K-kyuhyun, I-I love you.

W-why would you say that.

Y-you don't really mean it right?

B-but it seems as though you really did mean it.

N-no. 

I won't let reality win. 

I'll change fate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cho Kyuhyun, I'll never give up on you, no matter what.