The Coffee Shop's Owners

Crazy Girl In Love

When lunch time came, Jin Woon exited the back part of the school and went to the Jung Coffee Shop. He entered through the main door and went straight to the kitchen. He greeted some of the employees and then he entered through another door that led to his brother's office. He knocked at the door as someone bade him to come inside. Jin WOon entered, and he bowed to his brothers.

"Annyeong hasaeyo, Hyung." 

Yong Hwa was writing something on a music sheet when his younger brother came in. "Annyeong Jin Woon."

Il Woo, who was the eldest, bade the maknae be seated in a chair in front of him. 

"Help yourself. Yong and I just had our lunch."

Jin Woon nodded as he took his seat. Taking his chopsticks, he began to gobble all the food he could take on. Yong Hwa smiled at his dongsaeng.

"How's school?"

"Pretty much mediocre, but what can I do? Appa wanted me to finish school, right?"

"Well, at least we're pretty much lucky to be able to go to school even if we're not rich. And besides, when my coffee business will flourish, we'll be able to get by with this," Il Woo explained.

"School's okay, but then, there's this wench who suddenly got jealous because I was signing people's autographs." Jin Woon narrated his story.

"Jin Woon, how were people able to know you were in a rock band? Did I warn you not to say anything about it when you're in school?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Hyung, I couldn't help it. If there's one thing I could say I'm proud of doing because I worked hard for it, it's saying I'm in a band that became famous in Japan."

Il Woo sighed. "It's up to you. Just don't make success bloat your head, though."

"Hyung, you know that I never brag that much. I come to accept my successes as they are and silently celebrate them. But just think about it: if people knew that we own this place, then they'd flock everyday. We don't need to hire a PR just to advertise our shop. My popularity would just do the dirty work for me."

"There you go again. That's what I said about you being  braggart. Aigoo.." Il Woo said as he shook his head.

Yong Hwa smiled as he continued to pen the music that was on his mind. He planned for Jin Woon to perform in the cafe on some nights so that people would also enjoy the ambiance of the place. Being Ran Daun no Basho's songwritter and rhythm guitarist, he didn't want to become stagnant too. Jin Woon may be the group's lead singer and bassist, but he, Yong Hwa was the power behind it. Their pianist, Park Shin Hye, was taking her annual vacation in Europe. The drummer, Kang Min Hyuk, also went back to school in Busan.

 

***

Suzy's eyes widened when she saw Jin Woon enter the kitchen. She then pointed to the door, when Jiyeon turned but only to see Jin Woon's back.

"Aish, what's that punk doing here?" Suzy asked.

"Molla, as if I'd care." Jiyeon said as she took a bite of her blueberry cheesecake.

"Jiyeonnie, I was wondering. How's Jin Woon related to the owner of this cafe?"

"I don't know, like I could care."

"Jiyeon!"

"Well, Suzy-ya, if you're so curious about it, why don't you ask that punk?" Jiyeon said as she looked at some pictures on the wall behind the cashier. Suddenly, her eyes widened. The picture was divided into the top and bottom portion. The upper half had the pictures of the owners taken when they were still kids. The bottom part showed how they looked now.

"I can't believe it!" Jiyeon muttered.

"Wae?" Suzy asked. She looked at Jiyeon, who stood up and began to take a closer look at the pictures.

"The..the maknae I met years ago..was Jin Woon?"