Pseudo-amnesia

Crazy Girl In Love

Jiyeon arrived at Jin Woon's house at seven in the morning. Knocking at the door, she got irritated when no one answered. So, Jiyeon was very much surprised when she found the door unlocked. She placed her bag at the couch and wandered around for signs of life. She headed for the kitchen to find it bare and empty. It was then she decided to head for Jin Woon's bedroom.

Jiyeon peeped to a room underneath the stairs, but found it to be a storage room. She decided to try the room upstairs. On the first door beside the stair, she found the door ajar. Peeping inside, Jiyeon suddenly found herself closing her eyes as she let out a small scream. She didn't mean to see Jin Woon half-. A towel was wrapped around his waist, and he was just putting on a shirt when Jiyeon shrieked. To his annoyance, Jin Woon went to the door and saw his classmate covering her face.

"Ya, I didn't know you were playing peeping Tom," Jin Woon said.

"I didn't mean to peep!" She shouted to his face, adding a pout. Her face was beet-red, and Jin Woon smiled.

"Jiyeon," he called her attention.

"Huh?" Jiyeon said as she faced him. To her shock, Jin Woon suddenly opened the towel, making Jiyeon cover her face by reflex.

"YOU ARE A ERT!!!" she shouted. She heard Jin Woon laugh hysterically.

"I'm wearing shorts, you know! Haha, Jiyeon, you should've seen that look on your face! It's so priceless!"

Jiyeon was so embarrassed she started to cry. She wiped her eyes with the back of her hand as she stifled her tears.

"Ya, that was just a joke." Jin Woon said.

"Ani. Showing things like that in front of a girl is not a joke," Jiyeon said as she shed hot tears of anger. "I hate you!" she added.

"Go on, hate me. I don't care. " Jin Woon said as he went back in his room to put on a pair of pants.

Jin Woon came out minutes later to see Jiyeon seated on the first step of the stairs, nursing her grief. Her shoulders were moving up and down, telling Jin Woon that indeed, Jiyeon was crying. And so, he sat down beside her and placed his arm around her. He brought her to his chest so that Jiyeon could continue crying.

"Mianhe, Jiyeon, I was just kidding. I'm sorry if you were offended," Jin Woon said as he whispered to her and caressed her hair. Then he pushed Jiyeon a little from him so that he could take a look at her face.

"Uljima. Smile for me," he ordered.

"Shireo!" She said as she did an aegyo pout.

Jin Woon saw the pout and he smiled as he pinched Jiyeon's cheeks. "Kyeopta, kyeopta!!!!"

The girl was distressed over making her face elastic, so she held Jin Woon's hands and pinched them.

"APA! APA! APA!"

"You're not supposed to pinch my cheeks because my beautiful face will be disfigured!"

"Aish, you are so vain. Now, come here, I'm going to take those pain away," Jin Woon said as he held Jiyeon's face once again. He then moved his face near her and kissed the tear trail. He then moved his face and softly planted a kiss on her left cheek. Jin Woon smiled. He could actually feel the heat in Jiyeon's cheek. He smiled of the thought that he could actually move his fingers to stir her.

"Oppa.."

Their faces where already a few inches away from each other, and Jin Woon saw Jiyeon's lips tremble.

"Wae, Oppa?"

"What why?"

"Why did you kiss me?" Jiyeon asked.

"Why? Don't you like it? I thought you liked me..." Jiyeon noticed the tenderness in Jin Woon's voice. Jin Woon, meanwhile, was hoping that Jiyeon still liked him.

"Huh? When did I say I liked you?" Jiyeon asked.

It seemed like a stone suddenly hit Jin Woon in the head. "M...mwoh? But..but you just said yesterday you were sorry for liking me. So, I thought you really liked me."

Jiyeon shook her head. "I didn't say that. You were probably sleepwalking or daydreaming."

Frustrated, Jin Woon let go of his hand. He sighed as he stood up.

"I'll cook breakfast," he said without looking at Jiyeon as he went down the stairs.

***

"Oppa, why are you so quiet?" Jiyeon nudged Jin Woon's elbows as they were washing the dishes.

"Why?Is there anything more we need to discuss?"

"Oh, isn't there? Hmmmm...Ya, I don't know what's for lunch. What shall you be cooking this time?"

But Jin Woon didn't answer. He dried the plates with a towel and did the same with the spoons, completely ignoring Jiyeon. The gal, meanwhile, was hurt. She was playing amnesiac, but she didn't realize that Jin Woon could be this affected. She, being sensitive that she is, didn't want quarrels to be left unsettled. So, she went to Jin Woon and gave him a back hug.

"Jin Woon Oppa, don't be like this," she pleaded. Jiyeon smiled as she rested her head on Jin Woon's back. She was actually feeling ecstatic inhaling the scent of his soap that smelled like baby powder.

"You smell like baby powder, do you know that?" she whisphered.

"Why? You don't like it?"

"Actually, I feel more at ease with guys who don't smell musky. A guy who, even at the end of the day smells like baby powder is a turn on for me," Jiyeon revealed as she kissed and bit Jin Woon's back.

The guy smiled. "Is being very sweet your way of apologizing?"

"Ani. I'm not apologizing at all. I'm just telling you something about me."

Jin Woon  untangled Jiyeon's hands from his body and he turned to face her. He led her closer to him and examined her face.

"I'm glad you're not wearing make up today. It's actually the first time I noticed. Are you cross-eyed?"

"Mm...but not totally cross-eyed. I can be, but it's not that bad."

Jin Woon combed Jiyeon's hair. "I'm coming back here two weeks from now. Wanna come with me?"

"How about Nicole? Has she been here yet?" Jiyeon asked. She suddenly forgot about her little scheme that Jin Woon had seen right through her again.

"Nicole? She's been here twice. But Yong Hwa hyung came with us twice too."

"Has any of your hyung returned here?"

"Yong Hwa hyung regularly visits here. Il Woo Hyung seldom does. He doesn't really like it here anymore. When I was a kid, I hated it here. But when I grew up, there were just some things here that I missed so much. By the way Jiyeon, can you do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Can you hug me again?"

Jiyeon smiled. "I didn't know you could be this cheesy, Oppa. But, why not?"

Jiyeon reached out her hands as she hugged Jin Woon again, her head resting on his chest. She felt at ease being with him she suddenly found herself blushing again. It's the first time a guy had asked her that favor, and she actually liked it. She smiled even more as she inhaled Jin Woon's baby powder scent.

Jin Woon, meanwhile was smiling in spite of himself. His classmate's lavender-scented shampoo drove him nuts, and he inhaled every scent. He also hinted in her a tinge of jasmin, so that Jin Woon was deliriously happy. At the back of his mind, he was beginning to doubt getting back with Nicole. And why not? Right now, he was single, and with him is a single lady who totally made his vacation worthwhile. He continued to caress Jiyeon's hair as he smiled being caressed on his back. It felt so good to be comforted by someone.

They had stayed in that position for five minutes. Jin Woon then had to let go of the hug. To his delight, he found Jiyeon asleep. And so, he carried her bridal-style to the couch in the living room and let her sleep. He decided to start cooking their lunch.