A Change of Heart?

Crazy Girl In Love

Suzy came out from her BMW when Jiyeon arrived at the same time. The latter went out from the Mercedez and bid the chauffer goodbye. When Jiyeon saw her bestfriend, she went up to her and held her hand.

"Annyeong, Chingu!"

"Annyeong, Jiyeonnie. You seem so happy today."

"Am I? Oh, not at all. I just discovered one thing about my enemy!"

"Enemy? Jin Woon-ah?"

Jiyeon looked around and saw the said object of discussion passing by. Jiyeon instantly ran up to him, held his hand and greeted him.

"Annyeong, Jin Woon Oppa!"

Jin Woon blinked his eyes, then looked at Suzy.

"What do you want?"

Jiyeon slyly smiled at him, then looked at Suzy.

"Suzy, listen to this. Do you know that Oppa hear works as a barista in his own cafe?"

"Is that a compliment or are you mocking me?" Jin Woon asked.

"Hey Punk, when you own the business, you're not supposed to work there, right?" Jiyeon asked rather stupidly.

"On the other hand, Ms Princess, I chose to work at my own company so that I'll know the trade myself."

Jiyeon released Jin Woon's hand. "Geureum, who was that girl at the cafe yesterday?"

Suzy smirked as Jin Woon scoffed. "Aigoo...don't tell me you're jealous of Nicole Jung?"

"Ne! What if I'm jealous?"

Jin Woon opened his mouth to speak, but was at a loss for words. He looked at Jiyeon and then started to walk away.

"Yah, Oppa! You haven't answered my question! Yah!" Jiyeon called out. But as Jin Woon didn't answer, Jiyeon stamped her feet and scratched her head.

"Aish! That guy is giving me a headache!"

SUzy went to her friend and smiled. "Just admit that you lost your fight with him and that you liked him."

A sharp glance met Suzy's eyes. "Yah, you'll see who'll win this fight! I'll show him!"

"Let's just get to class instead, arrasseo? And since we only have two subjects for today, why don't we see a movie or go shopping at our favorite hang-out?" Suzy suggested as she dragged Jiyeon with her to the left side of the building.

 

***

Yong Hwa had just gained permission from the owner of a bar next to the cafe that they'd perform there twice a week, on Wednesdays and on Saturdays. Il Woo was against performing inside his coffee shop as he deemed it not right. And so, Yong Hwa called Jin Woon and told him of the developments.

"We'll start performing there tonight even if it will just be the two of us, you on the drums and I'll be on the guitars and vocals."

"Arrasseo, hyung. By the way, Nicole's in town. Can we ask her to help us out?"

"Sure, why not? When Shin Hye returns from her trip, we'll get thingd from there."

"Roger. Annyeong hyung. I'll call Nicole."

***

Jin Woon dialled Nicole's number.

"Yeoboseyo?"

The lad smiled. His ex- girlfriend hadn't changed her number at all.

"Annyeong, Nicole, this is Jin Woon."

"Oppa! It's nice to hear from you. You've called? Is something wrong?"

"Ani. I just need help. Come to the cafe at four. I still have classes and I won't be off till that time."

"Arrasseo. See you later!" Nicole quipped before she closed her phone.

***

Jiyeon was dying of thirst again. She wanted to go get something from the donut shop. Instead, she decided to go to Jin Woon's coffee shop. Suzy shook her head.

"You're really not obvious, are you Jiyeonnie?" was Suzy's sarcastic comment.

"I'm thirsty," Jiyeon said as she opened the door of the shop and went to the counter. She rattled off some orders to the woman when Jin Woon came in.

"Annyeong hasaeyo, Jin Woon-ssi," the woman greeted her employer, to which Jin Woon greeted her formally. He then took his place behind the bar and looked at Jiyeon's orders. He told his employee he'll he serving his classmate personally, so the woman went behind the cashier to assist another customer.

"Wow! I can't believe Mr Punk would actually be serving me!"

"HAve you got anything to say more? I believe these are your orders," Jin Woon said as he looked at the order list and then at Jiyeon.

"Ne! Well, if you'll excuse me, I'll be having my fun time here too," Jiyeon added with a smile as she went back to her seat.

Just then, Nicole came in.

"Annyeong Oppa!"

"Oppa? Tsk!" Suzy muttered.

"Annyeong Nicole. Ah, ne. I need your help. Is it okay if you could come tonight at seven to the bar next to ours?"

Jiyeon's and Suzy's ears ticked up. Bar?

"Ne. Mweoyo?"

"Well, Yong Hwa Hyung decided we perform there tonight and this Saturday..actually every Wednesdays and Saturdays. We'd like you to sing alongside hyung."

"OMO?? Jeongmal??? Ne! Ne! I'm so excited! Gomawo, Oppa! Oh, do you need help here?"

"Ani, I can do these orders here."

Nicole decided to find a place to sit when she saw Jiyeon and Suzy.

"Omo, Bae Suzy-ssi and Park Jiyeon-ssi???? OMO OMO OMO!!!"

The two friends looked at each other then back at Nicole. To their surprise, Nicole went to their table with a table napkin and a pen in hand.

"Can I ask for your autographs, pleeaaaaaaaasssseee????"

Suzy nonchalantly took the table napkin, signed it and gave it to Jiyeon. But Jiyeon made a disgusted look on her face a she looked at Suzy.

"Do I really have to sign on a table napkin? Why not on a decent piece of paper?"

And so, Nicole scurried behind the counter and found a clean sheet of paper. She then went to Jiyeon to have her paper signed. Jin Woon the came to the table, bringing the orders on a tray.

"Do you know them, Nicole?"

"Neh! Ms Suzy is a fashion blogger, and I just loved reading her blogs. Ms Jiyeon is a ramp model in France and she was on the front cover of Elle Magazine, France edition of May last year. Omo, I can't believe I'm seeing celebrities!" Nicole said as she placed her palms on her cheeks.

"Gamsahamnida," Suzy answered.

Jiyeon made a fake smile and waved her hand. "Aish, Nicole, you don't have to flatter me in front of Jin Woon Oppa. Truth is, I decided to stop modeling this year because I was planning to go to college."

"You don't have to be too modest, Ms Jiyeon. After all, not all girls get to run the catwalk. I wished I could run the catwalk myself had I been taller, right, Oppa?"

Jin Woon placed the orders on the table. "Seriously, Nicole, it doesn't matter to me whether you walked the ramp or not. What's important is that you have a decent and honest work even if you work behind the spotlight."

"Eeeehhh??? You just don't want me to be sa famous as you are."

"That's not my point, Nicole. It's the skill that's important for one to get money, arrasseo?"

"Right!" Nicole said and  held Jin Woon's arm as they returned to the counter.

Jiyeon scoffed. "What does he mean by that?"

"Molla," was Suzy's laconic reply. She actually knew what Jin Woon mean. He wanted to bash the two elites for just being too carefree and have unlimited money flow to their banks with little effort. She knew that Jin Woon, Nicole, and everybody else had to work hard just to live comfortably. This made Suzy jealous of Jin Woon. Then she turned to Jiyeon and tapped her hand.

"Jiyeon, why don't we watch that small concert tonight?"

"Shireo. I don't want to see them perform together. Besides, we have a test tomorrow, right?"

Suzy nodded. "Ah, right, I forgot. All right, this Saturday, then?"

"Why don't he hit the club instead?"

"Let's see them, arrasseo? I wanted to know what kind of a band Ran Daun no Basho is." Suzy explained. And so, Jiyeon agreed against her will.