Mother's Love

Crazy Girl In Love

The nexy day after Three and One performed for Jiyeon, a lady unexpectedly came in for a visit. She asked the nurses' station where her patient might be, so the nurse on duty accompanied the visitor. Scanning across the room for Jiyeon's bed, the visitor, when she saw her patient, imeediately ran to her and knelt on Jiyeon's bed.

"Jiyeon-ah! Jiyeon-ah! Tell me you're okay! Why did you enter the military? WHy did you do that?"

Jiyeon slowly opened her eyes. She lazily gazed at the woman beside her who was holding and kissing her hand unceasingly.

"Eomma...annyeong..."

"Jiyeon-ah! Tell me why!"

"Eomma..."

"Ani..don't talk anymore. I'm bringing you to the States with me. You're going to have surgery, and you'll be looked out by the best doctors! You can even go back to modeling. I knew it was your fondest dream to walk down the ramp and pose in front of cameras."

"Eomma...that's the very reason I entered military service. I found that I'm not happy being a model. As much as I felt hurt everytime I have duties here, something whispers in my ears telling me that this is what I want. If you want me to forsake being a military man, I could at least turn to another passion I've been wanting to do too. I want to teach in pre-school."

"Well? Let's do that! I'll ask the general, or whosoever I could ask to release you from this..this..." Mrs Park was trailing from her statement as she looked about her in disgust.

"This hell, you mean? Don't worry eomma. I can come with you to the States, but then, please don't forsake me my dream of serving my country. I reckon this would be the patriotic thing I could do to the country that gave life to me."

"But aren't ypu even going to consider your parents' feelings?"

"Eomma, since when did you and appa ever consider mine?" Jiyeon was suddenly apprehensive and aggitated.

"Mwoh?"

"I now knew the history behind why you were always away, and why appa never even cared for me. I knew I wasn't his daughter-"

"You did what? Th..that's not true! You..you are his daughter!"

"Eomma...if I were his real daughter, he'd look after my welfare, not only financally, but also give me the love you never even gave me. You both were never there when I needed you most. I had learned a long time ago that a nanny can never replace a parents' love. Eomma, why are you still being selfish? PLease...if you really love me...don't force me away from here.."

Mrs Park kept silent. She looked at her daughter and combed her hair. "Arrasseo...for my love for you, I'm going to let you get what you want. But I'm taking you to the States with me, whether you like it or not."

"Eomma, I'm very much willing to go with you, if that would be the means I could have surgery and get myself back on my feet. Gamsahamnida."