Angel In Disguise

Crazy Girl In Love

Jin Woon didn't see Jiyeon with Suzy the next day. He found the fashion blogger sitting in the lounge, reading a magazine. When he came up to her, he sat on the far end of the couch.

"Annyeong Oppa," Suzy greeted without taking her eyes off the magazine, her voice stoic.

"Ya, Blogger, where's the Princess."

"Jiyeon...she doesn't have class today."

"Are you too quarreling?" Jin Woon asked. He noticed the stoic manner Suzy told him about Jiyeon.

"Ani. We're not quarreling. This is just how I answer anyone."

"You're weird. But then, I have to ask. I thought you shared the same subjects and class?"

"Well, we do. But today, she has a modeling gig. She asked Seonsaengnim that she be absent because she had that job to keep."

"Job?"

"Mm. Yyou thought only you middle class citizens have jobs? Of course, we elite have jobs too. The only difference is that we were born rich and we have many connections in society, while you have to work hard to live well. Am I not right?"

"You're really frank, but arrogant," Jin Woon noticed. "But I guess I won't be seeing her today then. I got to go."

"Why would you be seeing Jiyeon? Are you going finally ask her out?" Suzy asked with a mischievous smile.

"Ya..ya! Aish, how could you say that? You don't know me and how my mind runs!" Jin Woon answered defensively. But the more he tried to evade suspicion, the more Suzy's teasing smile increased.

"You can't fool me, Oppa. Your actions actually betray what you say."

"Aish!" Jin Woon said as he left Suzy. The blogger scoffed as she continued reading her magazine. "A******. Who does he think he's fooling?"

 

***

Jiyeon came home that afternoon feeling tired. The shoot had taken more hours than she had expected, and she was also feeling hungry. Outside, the weather was very bad, and rain started to fall. Jiyeon didn't bother changing her clothes as she slammed on to her bed and closed her eyes. She placed her arm over her forehead as she started to doze off.

However, she felt something was amiss. Mopi was nowhere to be found. Usually, when she arrives, though Mopi would not greet her, he would usually just be anywhere in the room. A little later, he'd be playing with her toes and biting them, or kicking her legs and she'd get irritated. But now, no Mopi was biting her toes, nor kicking her legs. Tired though she was, she got up. She went downstairs and started to look for Mopi. When she hadn't found him, Jiyeon asked her housekeeper if she'd seen the cat, but the old housekeeper said she didn't notice Mopi. Jiyeon was starting to get worried. Although she didn't like Mopi like how she liked Cute Cute, she still felt for the cat. Going back to her room, she changed to her t-shirt and skinny jeans and boots. She got her umbrella. Without telling anyone, she sneaked out in the rain and started to search. She went to the garden, then to the garage, then to her appa's pool room. She also went to the greenhouse, to the bird sanctuary, and to her eomma's elegant gazebo in the center of the palacial comples, but found no sign of Mopi.

"Oh..Mopi...where are you?" Jiyeon was now in the verge of tears. Her heart was thumping uneasily. She didn't like the feeling of her cat dying on the streets smashed by a car. She had had a bad exprience with how Cute Cute died, as he was poisoned when he ate a rat poisoned to death. Jiyeon had a strong affinity to cats, and she felt that cats were her siblings and source of comfort when her parents were neglecting her.

Jiyeon went out of the mansion. She looked throughout the neighborhood, calling out her cat amidst the rain. As she was unsuccessful, she tried looking for Mopi in a garage near the gym. Unknown to her, the house beside the garage belonged to the Jung brothers. So she ws just amazed to see Jin Woon tinkering something with his motorcycle. Jiyeon was about to come closer when she noticed a man coming out from nowhere, bringing a bottle with him. She noticed him pouring something inside the garage, from the entrance onwards. Jiyeon saw that Jin Woon had not noticed. Suddenly, the card's message came to mind. What startled Jiyeon was that the man sprinkled the same fluids on Jin Woon's leather jacket without him noticing. The man then went outside the garage, and got something from his pocket. Jiyeon saw a lighter. It was then she decided to make a move. Before the man could open his lighter, he felt someone grab the lighter and give him a box.

"Ya! What did you do that for?" the man asked. Jiyeon then recognized the suspect to be an upper classman in the Engineering department.

"And what do you think you're doing?" Jiyeon asked. Instead of answering her, the man aimed for her with a pocket knife.

Jiyeon was able to dodge the attack, and she aimed for his diaghragm. The man backed away easily. He then aimed the knife towards Jiyeon, swishing the weapon as he wanted to make a mark on her beautiful face. But Jiyeon slipped to the ground to kicked him on his shins. Their fight ensues without Jin Woon knowing. The rain was just pouring too hard he didn't notice anything. Jiyeon and the guy exchanged fists, and Jiyeon's lips got busted. Her lips bled profusely, to the man's satisfaction.

"How dare you ruin my beautiful lips!" Jiyeon shouted.

"Well, how does it feel being ugly? Even though Jin Woon had managed to evade the flower pot because of you, but you got the lot of having your lips busted!"

"So it was you all along!"

"Yes it was me, Park Jiyeon! It's my manner of punishing Jin Woon for always maligning you!"

"So? It's not your problem! It's none of your business at all!"

"It's my business to take care of you, Princess! I had always liked and adored you! And when I knew that that bastard Jin Woon was making your life miserable, I decided to move for you."

"Who appointed you to be my bodyguard? I will not be loyal to anyone, and I will never be indebted to you!"

"Well, I'll make you be loyal to me!" The man said as he aimed again with his knife. But Jiyeon was able to aim at his diaghragm and hit him hard this time. She also kicked his balls, so that the man grimaced in pain. Jiyeon kicked the knife so that it will be out of reach, and she jabbed his back with her elbow.

"APA!"

It was then that Jin Woon had heard of the commotion. He decided to look outside and saw Jiyeon soaking wet, with a man. The man's hands, Jiyeon had managed to pull towards his back and had him lie on the ground.

"What is this?" Jin Woon asked.

"This is the suspect who tried to kill you," Jiyeon said matter-of-factly. "He even managed to put gasoline on your garage and on your kjacket without you realizing."

"SHUT UP, ! THAT'S A LIE!"

"SHUT UP, YOU BIG LIAR!" Jiyeon said as she kicked his side. Jin Woon then took off his jacket and smelled it. True enough, it reeked of gasoline.

"So, you planned to kill me by using a Molotov cocktail? I'll be calling the police." Jin Woon said.

"Oppa, look specifically for Senior Police Office Ham Myung Meol. He's my maternal uncle, and I already told him about this dilemma. Tell him to hurry so that this man will not escape."

***

The man was placed behind bars, and Jiyeon's father decided to file a case against him. Even Il Woo decided to file a case too. Jiyeon narrated to the police all she had witnessed while she was looking for her cat, and that was what she found out. The man vehemently denied, but the police believed Jiyeon. It was revealed that the man had been accused of minor offense like shoplifting.

***

Mr Park called Jiyeon to his room. He had only called the police station and told him of his plan, so he didn't get to see the criminal himself. Jiyeon came in the room with her drenched clothing.

"Annyeong, appa."

Mr Park stood up from his elegant desk and went to his daughter, whose face was downcast, not even looking at him. He stood in front of his daughter.

"Jiyeon."

And he slapped her.

"What a reckless thing to do! You should have just let that kid succumb to his misfortune!"

"Appa, how can you be so heartless!"

"Shut up! You are just like your eomma: reckless and obnoxious!"

"Don't include eomma in this one!"

"Shut up! I was told you even saved that boy from being hit by a flower pot, right? What does it gain you? You only ruined your shoes, I heard."

"What does it gain me? Nothing, appa, nothing!"

"So? Why did you do it?"

Jiyeon's lips trembled and tears fell from her tears. "Appa, I'm tired of always being treated like a princess. I'm not complaining I was born into this kind of life, but you know what? I envy kids my age who scarred their knees early in life  trying to climb up trees or doing rough games. I wanted to be doing somehting that pushes me to the limits! I feel like this pampered kind of life is making me dull and naive to the ways of the world! Appa, I wanted to become a soldier!"