Driving Force

Crazy Girl In Love

Suzy watched Jiyeon shifting on her shoes uneasily.

"What's the matter?"

"I think the heel got broken. Aish, why had I been so clumsy? Eomma had bought this Jimmy Choo for me when she went to London last year." Jiyeon said as she took off her shoe and examined the heel.

"How should I fix this? Would a glue help?"

"Ya, Jiyeonnie, a glue would never help that. Why don't you just throw it? You already had hundreds of shoes in your closet you never wore or only wore once."

Jiyeon pouted. "But this is a gift. Aish, why did I ever save that braggart rockstar-wannabe?"

"Jin Woon Oppa? Wae? What happened?"

Jiyeon waved her hand, telling Suzy to just forget about it. Suddenly, Jin Woon passed by. Suzy saw him, pulled him and asked.

"Oppa, what happened to you? Why was Jiyeonnie's shoes broken?"

Jin Woon looked at Jiyeon, who also looked at him too. "She broke her shoe? I didn't know that?"

"Geureum, did something happen while I wasn't around?"

The rockstar looked at the fashion blogger. "WHat happened to me does not concern you. Nor does it concern me what happened to the Princess's shoe. I got to go. I still have business to attend to."

When Jin Woon left, Suzy glanced at Jiyeon. "You both are hiding something from me."

Jiyeon looked at her friend. "Suzy-ya, are you one to always replay nightmares in real life?"

"N..nightmares?"

"Mm. You want to know what happened?"

***

Suzy covered in shock. She didn't know a psycho was studying in school. She suddenly saw Jiyeon's sullen face. She noticed her friend was suddenly quiet after recounting the incident.

"Gwaenchanha?"

"I still see blood, Suzy-ya..."

"Neo...did today's incident remind you of what happened years before?"

Jiyeon looked at her friend, tears suddenly falling from her eyes. 

"I didn't know why I did it for Jin Woon Oppa. I was just acting on reflex. I didn't know why I had to save him. I didn't know why..I didn't..." and she hugged her friend. Suzy patted her friend's back and whispered.

"It's all right. everything will be all right."

***

Yong Hwa served Suzy and Jiyeon their latte and took a chair. He joined the girls as they were having a conversation among themselves.

"I heard you saved Jin Woon from an accident at lunch time," Yong Hwa asked Jiyeon.

"I saved him, but it wasn't an accident. Someone was trying to kill him."

"Did you find out who that was? Jin Woon said you were frantically running like a maniac trying to catch the perpetrator."

Jiyeon sipped her latte and looked at Yong Hwa. "Oppa, I wish I had caught whoever he was, but he was fast, and I lost him. Let me rephrase that, I didn't have any clue where to find him. Heck, he might even be someone in the crowd too."

"How does he look like?"

"Now, that's the problem. I was wearing my sunglasses, so I wasn't able to make out if it was a male or a female. And I barely saw the face as it was partly hidden by the rails. I saw the arms, yeah."

"Was he wearing anything? Watches, bracelets..?"

"Ani...nothing was on the arm. Oh well, once he does that again and I see him, I'll make sure he'll pay for what he's done to Oppa." Jiyeon said as she crunched her knuckles. Suzy slapped her hands.

"Stop doing that! You know it annoys me so much. And it can also cause osteoarthritis."

"Arrasseo, eomma," Jiyeon said as she grabbed her latte and drank the contents till the last drop.

Yong Hwa smiled. "You are one interesting lady, Jiyeon."

"Excuse me?"

"Il Woo Hyung told me that you and he had a small date last week."

"Date? It wasn't a date!"

"Never mind, but it's still the same. He said some kids came to you. One gave you a kimbap that fell on the floor, his brother came a little later and hugged you, and the youngest one kissed your cheek."

Suzy's smile widened. "Jinjja? Did some kids really do that to you? How old were they? 15? 14? 13?"

Jiyeon glared at Suzy. "Ani. I bet the oldest was seven, and the youngest must have been three."

Yong Hwa looked around and saw that no one was eavesdropping in the conversation, so he continued.

"And you even slurped on your soup, you richman's daughter."

"YOU DID WHAT?" Suzy stood up.

"OPPA!" Jiyeon interjected, feeling embarrassed.

"Jiyeon, how could you act so unladylike??? WHat if someone from our circle saw you there? How would you tell your abeoji about it? How would you explain???" Suzy hotly scolded her friend. But Jiyeon sheepishly smiled to Suzy and to Yong Hwa.

"Oppa, please tell Il Woo Oppa not to tell that story again, arrasseo? Suzy-ya, mianhe...."

"Aish! I can't believe you are so unritzy!" Suzy shot back as she sat back on her chair and crossed her arms on her chest. 

"I'm surprised, Jiyeon, that a chaebol's daughter could do some things reckless like slurping on your soup and saving someone's life." Yong Hwa commented, smiling.

Jiyeon looked at Yong Hwa and sighed as she rolled her eyeballs. "Well..is it so bad to be odd and radical?"