Back to the outside world

Crazy Girl In Love

Jin Woon snickered when he saw Jiyeon that Monday morning. The gal, who looked so angelic and simple yesterday morning was looking like a wench again. He observed Jiyeon as she was looking at herself in her Hello Kitty mirror.

"Ya, Narcissus. Annyeong!" he mocked a greeting to Jiyeon.

The gal put down her mirror and gave Jin Woon a death glare.

"I'm Park Jiyeon and I'm not Narcissus!"

"Ehhhh...you're always looking at that magic mirror of yours. I could have also called you as the Evil Queen who always asked her mirror."

"Jin Woon Oppa, you berated me Saturday night because I was memorizing my nursery rhymes, and here you are telling me about Snow White's stepmother. Doesn't that make you a hypocrite too?"

"Ya, I was just stating a comparison. You were actually chanting it out that's why I said you were childish." Jin Woon reasoned.

Just then, Suzy arrived. She greeted Jiyeon, then she gave a slight bow to Jin Woon.

"Suzy-ya, here's a trivia. Did you know that Jin Woon Oppa actually came from Mungyeong?"

Suzy cocked her head as she faced Jin Woon. "Jinjja? I didn't know that."

"And Oppa, Suzy's eomma actually grew up in Mungyeong too." Jiyeon revealed.

Jin Woon imitated Suzy's act by cocking his head too. "Jinjja? I didn't know that."

"YAH!" Suzy shouted at Jin Woon's face. "Who told you to imitate me?"

"WHy? Is it so bad to imitate and irritate you?" Jin Woon answered. To this, Suzy boxed Jin Woon's arm.

"Ya, you two are very abusive girls! Why do you like to punch and spank so much??"

Suzy and Jiyeon laughed at Jin Woon's complaint.

"What does that concern you? We can do as we please!" Jiyeon said as she brushed her hair with her fingers. She looked at Jin Woon and gave him a meaningful smile.

"But then because we're already friends, i'm not going to abuse you like I used to," she continued.

Suzy sensed a change in Jiyeon's attitude towards Jin Woon. She thought that something must had happened over the weekend.

"Heeeyyyyy....did something happen while I wasn't around?"

"MWOH?" was Jiyeon and Jin Woon's unison reply.

Suzy eyed her friend and the rockstar suspiciously. "It seems to me you two had grown comfortable around each other. Does that mean that you two are already in a relationship?"

"ANI! We aren't into anything!" was Jin Woon's hot protest. Suzy can sense his uneasiness as she saw him blink uneasily. Suzy also looked at Jiyeon who was uneasily biting her fingernails.

"Then I guess I'll just leave you two alone. I can feel that something must have happened and I guessed I'm in your way," Suzy said, feigning hurt. She started to walk away. But Jiyeon ran to catch up with her. She left Jin Woon standing alone in the middle of the school hallway.

***

Jiyeon entered the coffee shop smiling. She saw Jin Woon and Il Woo sitting in a corner, their mood serious. Thye must have been discussing about the business, and Jiyeon could hear that the brothers were having a slight argument. As she wasn't one really interested in business matters, Jiyeon walked to the counter. Nicole was the barista that afternoon, working part time for the Jung brothers. When Nicole saw Jiyeon, she gave her best behavior. She felt so honored to have Jiyeon as customer.

"Of course, Ms Jiyeon. You can have the house specialty today if you like," Nicole said. And, emulating the Japanese aegyo, she did a cat paw act. "Ne?"

"Ahhhh..of course..." Jiyeon said, confused. She wasn't used to seeing a Korean girl doing a Japanese cute cat paw act. And she wasn't comfortable being served by no other than Jin Woon's ex-but-will-become-his-girlfriend-again friend. So, Jiyeon sat in the couch near the restroom. She got some magazines and began to skim on one wherein Suzy was the front page model. Jiyeon really wasn't reading. She was spying on the two soon-to-be-lovers-again. She saw Jin Woon and Il Woo stand up, with the maknae going behind the counter and the hyung returning to his office. She was even more irritated when Nicole made an aegyo, and Jin Woon pinched her cheeks. However, because Jiyeon was JUST A FRIEND, she tried her best not so let her feelings show. She was still skimming over a page about the newest gigs in town when Jin Woon came with her orders.

"Here you go, Princess."

Jiyeon placed down her magazine and thanked him in a ladylike manner. This made Jin Woon suspicous. Getting out is cellphone, he texted Jiyeon so that only she would know what he was asking for.

JW: What's with that mood? Are you jealous?

Jiyeon, after reading the message, got her cellphone too and began to text her reply.

JY: Jealous? Of whom?

JW: Of me and Nicole.

JY: Why should I be?

JW: I thought you liked me ;(

JY: You wish!

JW: So..have you really forgotten what happened Saturday night?

Jiyeon looked up at Jin Woon when he asked that. Instead of answering, she got her cup of coffee downed it like she would with soju. Getting some cash from her wallet, she tossed them on the table. Passing by Jin Woon, she said. "That's my payment for the coffee. You can keep the change. I'm going home.