Poor Rich Girl

Crazy Girl In Love

A second slap hit Jiyeon's face.

"You are really out of your mind, Park Jiyeon! I didn't bring you up to be rowdy! You are a girl and you should act accordingly! And you have a reputation to keep as a member of our circle!"

"Appa, I'm tired doing all that social etiquette, and I'm tired of going to places where I'm not happy! All I wanted is for you to be a good father to me! I've never experienced your affection even when I was still a girl."

"Affection? Can it bring you to where you are now? Many people die to be in the place where you are, Jiyeon!"

"People like that are selfish, Appa. And you are selfish!"

"How dare you!" Mr Park said as he raised his arm.

"Go ahead! Slap me again! That's the only thing you know how to do to get what you want! I wouldn't wonder why eomma doesn't love you!"

Mr Park lowered his hand and looked at his daughter. "Love? You said I didn't love your mother? Yes, it's true! Because when we met, she was already pregnant with you..and you aren't my daughter!"

Jiyeon swallowed when she heard this. She had known all along that she wasn't the biological daughter of this man she called her appa. She respected him, but she didn't love him.

"I was planning to marry my long time love when my father made a plan to take her away from me without any reason at all.  For six years, I had questioned my appa why he did that to me. And he finally gave me his reason: your eomma's appa had saved my appa during the war, he was greatly indebted to him. In order to pay that debt, he had me marry your aleady pregnant eomma. A much as i hated the situation, I had no choice but to succomb to what they wanted. And then, you came. When you were growing up, I found you so repulsive and disgusting in my eyes. I cannot stand your eomma's weird mannerisms and her upbringing. And seeing you now, I loathe you even more. Your mother was as reckless as you were. What would being so generous to people do to us? Does it give us satisfaction? I tend to think that people are objects that we in the upper echelons should us for our satisfaction!"

Jiyeon looked at her appa with hateful stares. "You really are an evil man. Had I known that, I wouldn't have allowed you to file a case against that man who tried to murder Jung Jin Woon."

"Jung Jin Woon? Is that the kid's name?"

"Ne."

Mr Park shuddered. He then looked at his daughter.

"Are they,by any chance, the once owning that coffee shop near the college?"

Jiyeon cocked her head. She couldn't understand where this story was headed for. "Ne."

Mr Park covered his face. He was suddenly stricken with remorse. He had seen the two brothers, Il Woo and Yong Hwa during the opening of Mr Park's new hotel. He just realized now a mixed feeling for the Jung brothers. And he knew why.

"Is Il Woo the name of the eldest son?"

"Appa, what's got into you?"

"Answer me!"

"Ne. And Yong Hwa Oppa is the second child. Jin Woon Oppa is the youngest."

"They...the Jung brothers..how could I have not realized any sooner???"

"Mwoh?" Jiyeon was even more confused.

Mr Park got his telephone and began to dial his secretary.

"Ms. Lee, I wanted to know if you knew about the Jung brothers who owned the coffee shop near the college. Can you find for me their personal background, who their parents were and where they hailed?"

Ms Lee, who was in the next line, didn't need to search more. "Sir, the brothers are my third degree cousins. Their parents are Jung Mo Seung and Im Rae So. They all came from -"

And Mr Park put down the phone without letting the secretary finish her report.

"Those boys..those boys could have been my sons!"

"Appa...what are you talking about?" Jiyeon asked. Then suddenly, it's as if she had been splashed with cold water. "You don't mean...?"

"Yes, their mother was the woman I fell in love with before I was betrothed to your second-rate eomma!"

Jiyeon shook her head. "Ani...ani...that..can't be..."

"Of course it is! I can see Rae So's features in Yong Hwa, and her grace, intellect and mannerism in Il Woo! They could have been my sons!"

Mr Park stood up and headed for the door. Jiyeon tried to stop him, but her appa slammed her to the door. Jiyeon fell as she hit her arm on the door knob. Crying silently, she began to think of her present situation and her relationship with the Jung brothers. She suddenly found herself wanting her father's attention. And she was suddenly jealous of Il Woo, Yong Hwa and Jin Woon. Jiyeon buried her face with her hands as she wept loudly.

A little later, Mopi entered the room. He went to his master and began to rub his face on Jiyeon's jeans.

"Mopi..where have you been?" she said as she got her cat and hugged him tight, tears streaming her face like waterfalls.

"Meow."

"Mopi...help me what to do. I don't know what to think anymore! I wish I could die sooner so that I wouldn't have to feel this pain of not being wanted. It's unfair, Mopi, it's just so unfair!"

"Meow," Mopi answered as he lightly scratched Jiyeon's face. But the gal didn't mind. She needed someone who could be there for her. And she knew it wouldn't be Suzy nor Jin Woon. Thinkin of Jin Woon made her think twice about how she felt for him. She suddenly found him to be a distant entity. And now that her appa was going to meet the Jung brothers, Jiyeon was sure that her appa would be seeing Jin Woon too.

"Oppa...why does it have to hurt this way? Are you going to take away my appa's love from me? Are you?" she asked herself.