Creepy Signs

Crazy Girl In Love

A bouquet of red roses sat on Jiyeon's desk one Tuesday morning. She looked around to see who would have given her the roses, but her classmates just stared at her. Suzy, when she saw the roses, hurriedly ran up to Jiyeon and hugged her.

"Chukahae!"

"Ya, I didn't even know who gave this to me. There isn't even a card or something."

"Hmmmm..could it be that Jin Woon Oppa had given it to you as a sign of gratitude?"

Jiyeon's eyes landed on Jin Woon, who was seated near the window listening to his IPod. Then she looked back to Suzy.

"I don't think he'd give me this. He's one not to be very appreciative to anything you've done for him." Jiyeon said as she headed for the trash bin and threw the flowers.

Gasps were heard from her classmates. When Jin Woon saw what Jiyeon did, he immediately stood up and pointed to her.

"Ya, yah! How could you just throw those flowers away??"

Jiyeon looked at Jin Woon with a sad look in her eyes.

"Neo...did you buy these for me?"

Jin Woon blinked uneasily. "M..Mwoh? Me? (Scoffs), Please Princess, why would I give something trivial to you? And out of all people, I'd be giving you something?" he asked as he pointed to himself. Jiyeon went to him and pointed to his chest.

"Why.would.you.be.giving.me.something.when.you're.just.going.to.deny.it.???"

Jin Woon looked at Jiyeon. They stared long enough so that electrical sparks jumped from each others' eyes.

"You are the most presumptuous wench I have ever encountered in my life," Jin Woon remarked.

"Geurae? You are the most arrogant, bigheaded bastard I have met since the world began," Jiyeon retorted. 

Their classmates had been witnessing the drama long enough that they suddenly teased the two nemesis.

"YAH! WHO TOLD YOU TO TEASE US?" Jiyeon shouted.

"Aissshhhhh...quarrels like that usually start the beginning of a relationship," a nerd guy answered.

Jin Woon looked at the guy, then reverted his eyes back to Jiyeon. 

"Good for you to notice. Because I'm never gonna look your way or even like you." He said as he went back to his seat.

"Fine. I don't like you either," Jiyeon said as she took her seat in front of Jin Woon.

Suzy looked at Jin Woon, then at Jiyeon. 

"You both are like Tom and Jerry, you know that?"

Jin Woon kicked Jiyeon's chair so that Jiyeon was startled. She stood up and went to Jin Woon.

"Wae?" Jin Woon said. Jiyeon suddenly did something Jin Woon didn't expect. She kicked his shins so that Jin Woon whinced in pain, cursing Jiyeon as she went back to her seat.

"YA! YA! YOU ARE ONE CRAZY !"

Jiyeon turned to face Jin Woon, faking a smile.

"I didn't start it, did it? Mess with me, and you'll get more than that." Then she gave a finger sign that she'll be watching out for him.

***

A letter was placed on Jiyeon's armchair in the next class. She looked again to see who the secret admirer is, but her classmates were looking down on their IPads, studying their lessons. Jiyeon knew that someone she didn't know must had given that letter. She knew it isn't Jin Woon since they didn't have the same time for the Math class. 

Did you receive my gift?

That was the only question Jiyeon had seen written on the paper. She suddenly grew wary of the people around her. One of them might even be her stalker. Or Jin Woon's would-be assassin. Or just her secret admirer. In her fright, she crumpled the paper as she slightly trembled. Suzy noticed her and then took Jiyeon's hand. She opened her fingers and got the letter.

"I wonder who wrote this," Suzy calmly said. But Jiyeon still froze in fear.

"Suzy-ya..if he is not my admirer or my stalker, he could be the cause of Jin Woon Oppa's demise." she whispered.

Suzy embraced her friend and comforted her.

"At the end of the road, you can see the light. The clues that you'll find may unfold right before your eyes without you realizing it. And the criminal would be implicating himself."

***

Jiyeon saw yet another card tucked on her locker. It was placed in a pink envelope before she read it. Upon opening the card, she saw these riddles.

I can shudder your heart,
I can rot your liver,
Yet I ,if with a light, can destroy your life as well.

She looked again in her surroundings, and she guessed she might had become paranoid. ing the card in her bag, she decided to go home. Suzy had left earlier for an important gathering, so she wasn't able to know about the card.

Jiyeon opened her cellphone and called her chauffer, asking him to come fetch her. She went to the gate and sat in a bench near the bus stop. She then saw Jin Woon across the street carrying his delivery for the beauty salon. Jiyeon observed him as he went in the salon, and a little later when he went out. He road on his motorcycle and made a U turn as he headed back to the cafe. 

Jiyeon sighed. Her life had been a mess eversince she knew Jin Woon. She didn't know it could get this complicated. At first, she knew she was irritated with him. Then, she began to have a crush on him. And now, it seems that both their lives are in danger. In her fright, she called her chauffer again and told her she'd be at the coffee shop waiting.

Jiyeon went in the coffee shop. She went straight to the counter to order even if it was Jin Woon who'd be serving her.

"I'm surprised you managed to get a second cup today."

"Don't kid with me. I'm not in the mood for anything."

"I'll be serving this, so have a seat," Jin Woon said as he got a mug and began to work on Jiyeon's latte.

Jiyeon, meanwhile, sat on the part near the window so that her chauffer could see her. She opened her bag to get her mirror. Instead, she saw the card and began to pull it out. She was staring long enough at the card that when Jin Woon arrived, he saw the card and grabbed it. He read the contents and looked at Jiyeon.

"Mwoeyo?"

"I don't know, Oppa. Eversince this morning, after the rose bouquet, I had been receiving some letters, notes or cards like that."

Jin Woon pulled the chair across Jiyeon and sat down. 

"I see you've got stalkers for admirers."

"Ani, Oppa. I have a feeling this is something connected to what happened to you the last week."

"Mwoh?"

Yet, Jiyeon didn't answer. She looked at the card Jin Woon was holding, and in her head, answers started to brew. Millions of data jumped from neurons to the next, sorting the ideas out, and giving Jiyeon the answers she needed.

"I can shudder your heart...coffee..."

"Coffee? Palpitations?" Jin Woon asked. But Jiyeon continued.

"I can rot your liver...medicine...ani, but I'm thinking of a drink...beer, alcoholic beverage...."

Then her eyes suddenly opened in shock. She looked at Jin Woon, her lips trembling. Jin Woon saw the look in her eyes. He unknowingly reached out to her hand and squeezed it.

"Gwaenchanha?" he asked. Jiyeon noticed there was a genuine concern in the way Jin Woon asked his concern.

"Jung Jin Woon...do you by chance...know what a Molotov cocktail is?"