Rock Star Barista

Crazy Girl In Love

Jiyeon got a text from her eomma. She had just bought for Jiyeon her favorite Louis Vuitton bag, and it will arrive from the States the next two day. Jiyeon wanly smiled. Of course, she knew her eomma had been constantly travelling, and now, she's in the States. Jiyeon wished that she could see her eomma more often. Putting her cellphone inside her bag, she headed for the bookstore beside the coffee shop. She unknowingly took a glance inside and saw Jin Woon putting whipped cream and choco syrup on three iced coffee orders. She then saw him returning back to the coffee machine to get two cups of latte. Curious that she was, she suddenly found herself standing behind the glass window, observing her classmate. She then saw Jin Woon put some art on the coffee using milk. He placed his works of art on a tray and began to serve them to five customers on the left side of the cafe. 

Jiyeon smiled. SHe had never seen Jin Woon be so cool as to work behind the counter. She thought that he was just a bad- rocker who did nothing but spoil her day. She was still in deep thought when a girl stopped in front of the cafe, smiling. She opened the door of the cafe and greeted Jin Woon. Jiyeon saw that Jin Woon's face lit up, his eyes smiling. He went over to the girl and began to hug her.

And then suddenly, Jiyeon felt like an arrow had pierced her heart. She was suddenly jealous of the girl. To her annoyance, she found herself walking away from the cafe to the book store.

***

"Jin Woon Oppa, annyeong!" Nicole greeted Jin Woon.

"It's been a while, Nicole. I missed you." Jin Woon said as he hugged his friend.

Nicole pouted. "Aish, is that how you'd greet your ex-girlfriend?"

Jin Woon laughed. "Mianhe. It's just we are in a public place. And like what you said, you were my ex, so what would you expect?"

Nicole hit Jin Woon's arm. "Aish, you're still the coldhearted Jin Woon that I knew. That's why we broke up. But then, I'm still glad to see you today. And you're looking good! How's your band?"

"Shin Hye Eonnie's having her vacation. Min Hyuk-ah's back in Busan. Yong Hwa Hyung is at home, cooking our dinner."

"That's good to know. How's Il Woo Oppa?"

"Hyung's at the office having a webinar. You can't disturb him right now. By the way, how have you been?"

Nicole pressed her lips as she sighed. "I'm currently working as my uncle's secretary at his office. Pay's not that great, but who cares? I just needed the money to support myself while I go to school. I promised myself that after I graduate, I'll ask him to let me train under his company. I don't mind starting at the lowest position. But you know very much that I wanted to climb to the ranks of the corporate world."

Jin Woon smiled. That was one thing he liked about Nicole: she had ambitions. They may have different styles of living, but they agreed on one aspect: it doesn't matter what your status in life is, but as long as you're hardworking, you reap what you sow.

"Do you want some coffee?"

"Thanks, Jin Woon, but I just had soda, thank you."

"Ah..geurae. Well then, why don't sit down while I serve you some of our desserts here?"

Nicole shook her head. "No, fine thanks. I just wanted to learn my barista skills again, if that's okay with you."

***

Jiyeon exited the book store and decided to spy on Jin Woon again. To her surprise, she saw the girl in the counter pouring cappucino and adding whipped cream on them. She then mixed chocolate and strawberry syrups on each one, following the countours of the cream so that it looked like art to her. She added touches of sliced strawberries on the sides, and cherry on the top. Jiyeon's eyes opened. No way was this girl a barista too! She was all the more annoyed when she saw Nicole give the cup to Jin Woon, smiling sweetly and wiping the smudge off his lips when he tasted her art.

"Aish, Jiyeon, why would you be so jealous over that! Aish, jinjja!" she berated herself.

"What would you be so jealous of?" a voice cut off her thoughts. Jiyeon turned around to see Il Woo standing behind her. She greeted him and gave a bow, but her face cringed when she knew she was caught.

Il Woo looked inside the cafe.

"Ah..it seems Nicole and Jin Woon are back again."

"Ni..Nicole?"

"Ne. She was Jin Woon's girlfriend since middle school. They broke up when he decided to go to Japan to promote his band. Well, miss, don't tell me you were spying on my yeodongsaeng again."

"A..aniya! Annyeong!" Jiyeon said, blushing furiously as she started to walk away. Il Woo observed Jiyeon as she stopped in front of a black Mercedez and went in the back seat. He smiled as he saw the plate number of the car.

"Jin Woon, I never knew your classmate was the daughter of a chaebol. No wonder she's this spoiled." Il Woo said to himself before he went back inside the cafe.