Forbidden Memories

Love and other words

Smiles and Laughters, the strongest shield against sadness.

 

"Okay and in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and Sooyeon smile!"

Jessica flashed her sweetest smile at the camera as she posed in one of the luxurious cars along with the other models. She gave her different kind of poses, from innocent to seductive.

"Okay, perfect! Thank you ladies!"

She sighed as she stepped down the stage used for the shoot and immediately went to the dressing room. As she entered the room, she saw Joohyun sitting at the chair, and beamed at her as she ran to her and pinched her cheeks.

"Hyun! Why are you here? You should've went home!" She asked.

Her sister smiled, "I don't know Unnie. The house seemed so lonely when I'm there, and our last class ended so early. And besides, I miss you Sica Unnie!"

She smiled, tears glistening in her eyes, "Oh my, I miss you too Hyun! Don't you have something like an end of the classes party?"

"Oh we have, they actually asked me. I just don't feel like celebrating with anyone but you and..." She waited for her to continue, but then knew who her sister was talking about. Donghae oppa and Kyuhyun.

She felt a spark of pain as she hugged her sister.

"It has always been him, right Hyunnie?' She asked inwardly.

She held her sister's hands and took her handbag. "Come on, since we are free in an early time like this. Why don't we go eat at the restaurant?"

Her sister shook her head, and smiled, "I want to go home Unnie. Let's cook. Oh, I'll cook." She giggled, everyone knew how hard it was for her to cook. She has always been a fan of foods but never wanted to know how to make all those delicious treats.

"Okay dear" She answered and pull her sister out of the room.

"Can I request something Unnie?"

She looked at her sister, "What?"

"Can we please visit the hospital?"

"Hyun..."

"No, just you know, just outside. I just want to look at it."

She sighed, and nodded, "Okay. Just outside okay?"

Her sister happily nodded, and ran to look for the cab, "Careful Hyun! And don't run!"

_

'"You are?" The little girl asked as she looked at the older boy with her brows furrowed.

The boy smiled at her, "I'm Cho Donghae. I'm the son of the doctor in charge with you and your baby sister. I have a brother too, his name---"

The little girl stomped her feet and pouted, "I don't want to be here! I want to be a princess, not a patient! I don't want to wear this hospital gown, I want my princess dresses!" She was about to cry when the older boy laughed. "What?!" She annoyingly asked.

"Well, you can still be a princess here. And I will be your knight. Kyuhyun can be the young prince, and your sister will be the princess." He suggested.

The girls eyes widened, and gave him a sweet smile, "That's right! Can you ask your father to let me wear my princess dresses?"

The boy nodded, and gave her a hearty smile, "You can also play with me at out secret room, me and Kyu have our clubhouse. We can play there! You can bring your sister there too."

Jessica laughed as she remember the memories inside the hospital they are looking at right now. That was the first time he met Cho Donghae, the playful and protective brother they had when they were still admitted there. After that incident, her little self realized that she haven't asked the name of the little boy so she went straight to their father to ask their names.

She looked past the tall building and saw the very big grassy playground and park outside the hospital. There were so many memories there. Memories she tried to forget and forbid herself to remember. She have to do all those sacrifices for her to save her sister from loneliness and regret.

'Are you fine Donghae oppa? Do you still have that lovable fish eyes? What did you take up for college?' Her mind was filled with thousand questions that her heart wanted to shout and ask. But she couldn't.

'It's for everyone's own good' She thought. And looked at her sister who was busy looking at the hospital, with her eyes bearing tears.

"Joohyun, let's go"

"But Unnie--"

"Come on dear, we've been here for hours already." She smiled at her and motioned for the cab to go.

As she looked back, she waited for the hospital to fade away from her vision and saw her sister asleep beside her.

She felt tears coming, and tried to fight back from crying. She missed them. Donghae Oppa. Kyuhyun. Dr. Cho Kyuhae. The nurses. The kids. But she just couldn't let everybody cry when she dies. She have to let them forget her. Death is something that harms everyone even though they're not the one who died. So in order to never let them be sad, she ran away. She tried to isolate herself from other people. She never gained friends.

But she always wanted Joohyun to have many friends. For when she dies, she knew someone will take care of her sister. And she will live a happy life. It's for everyone's own good.