Revelations

Love and other words

 

"Donghae oppa!"

The 13-year old Lee Donghae looked back at the 11-year old Jessica who was walking like a boss at the hallway of the hospital.

"Where are you going?" The young girl shouted as she ran straight to him.

Greeted by her sparkling brown eyes, he smiled at her and answered, "I'm heading to Appa's clinic"

"Why?"

He smiled at her curiosity, "Because I want to"

"Hmm.." She nodded, and started to walk.

He trailed behind and asked, "Where are you going?"

"To Dr.Cho's clinic"

"Why?"

She gave him her bright smile and answered, "Because I want to"

He laughed, and walked beside her.

"I was wondering Oppa"

"About what?"

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"Well…" He scratched his back and smiled faintly, "I still don't know"

"Me, I want to be model. I want to be as pretty as Barbie" She answered with determination written in her eyes. Then looked at him, "Is that a tiring thing to do?"

He stopped and thought about it, "Well, I think it's not. And I know you'll be a very successful model, and you will be prettier than Barbie"

She skipped and looked at him in delighted eyes, "Really? You think so?"

He smiled, and took her hands as they walked, "Of course, our little Jessi has always been pretty and when you grow up, you will be prettier. And then you will be a model just like what you wanted." He answered with sincerity.

"Thank you Oppa" She gripped his hands tightly, "I hope it's not a tiring thing to do because if it is, that will mean I can't be a model because my heart is really weak, just like what your Appa said"

"Don't worry, I will always be with you when you're about to give up or when your crying and suffering pain, and I will always remind you that you are Mighty Tiger Sica so you have to be strong"

"Tiger Sica? Who called me that? Did you know that a Tiger is scary? Then that means I'm scary!" She stomped her feet and pouted.

"Oh, I heard the nurses calling your by that name"

"Oh, maybe that's the weird nurses who tried to tell me to go back to our hospital room"

"But of course, being the stubborn girl you are, you insisted on roaming around the hospital, right?"

The young girl looked back at him and grinned, "Of course Oppa!"

He shook his head, smiling, and said, "Ah, here we are!"

He peeked and saw Jessica's parents talking with his dad. He looked back at Jessica, and informed her about it.

She smiled naughtily and suggested, "How about we listen to what they we're talking about?"

"But Jessi…"

"Come on"

"But that's bad!"

"Okay, you go, I'll listen"

She walked and opened the door a little so that they can both listen to what they were talking about. He was about to walk away from Jessica when he heard his father's voice.

"This is about Jessica and Joohyun…"

He walked back beside Jessica and listened carefully to what they were talking about.

"What is it?" Seo Leeteuk eagerly asked. "How long will they live?"

"Leeteuk…" Jessica's mother Taeyeon, held her husband's hand. "You don't have to ask----"

"Taeyeon, we need to know" He insisted.

Donghae looked at the girl beside him who was now gripping the doorknob tightly,

He heard his father sigh deeply, "Due to their weak heart, it will not manage to go easily with their body growth and emotional progress. I am very sad to say that Jessica and Joohyun might not be able to reach 20."

He looked worriedly at the girl beside him, and saw her hands falling from gripping the doorknob. Her eyes were on the verge of crying, and she was keeping herself from crying. She looked back at him and smiled faintly.

"That's enough Oppa. We've heard so much." She started to walk.

"Jessi…"

"Forget about that Oppa. Do not tell Seo, or Kyu about this. I don't want to see my sister crying about this. I don't want you and your brother to look at us in pity"

He watched as the young girl walk away from him, with her shoulders shaking and her tears falling on the white floor. He angrily punched the wall, and felt tears falling from his eyes.

'Why does it have to be them? Of all people.'