Liking

Love and other words

 

"So, how long have you been here?", Choi Siwon asked as he eyed the his patient. 'She's pretty.' 
 
"Well, long enough to wish to go home and start modelling again." Tiffany answered, and gave the doctor a cheeky smile.
 
"You model?" The doctor asked, returning a smile.
 
The patient nodded, "I really want to go back to modelling, but I guess no one's really waiting for me there" She smiled bitterly. "Look at me, I'm too pale, I have bruises, and I can't even walk straight, no one's going to like me as a model, I'm ugly."
 
He shook his head and looked at her sincerely, "Well, you don't look so ugly to me. You are pretty, with or without the bruises."
The girl's face lightened up, "You think so?" Suddenly, she pouted, "Oh, you're just saying that because I'm your patient, of course you don't want me to feel bad"
 
"No, no" He laughed at her cuteness, "You know, you are charming. And you are beautiful, even in your own way." He asked himself inwardly, 'Where are all this coming from?'
 
The girl smiled back at him, making him feel at ease, and comfortable, "You know what, I like you..." She stopped and realized what she just said and blushed, "What I mean is, you are a great doctor. You are nice, and I, no, all of us, your patients, are very grateful that you are our doctor, even the nurses are grateful." She giggled.
 
"What? The nurses? And when did the nurses come in the story?" He laughed, as he looked at her mesmerizing eye smile.
 
"Well, when the nurses were checking me up last night, they were talking about you, and even Grandma Jung, the janitress, was fussing about the handsome doctor Choi and his great smile."
 
"They are? But how did you hear the nurses last night?"
 
Tiffany shrugged, and answered nonchalantly, "Well, their voices were too loud, and I was woken up by their voices"
 
"They were noisy?!", He asked sounding alarmed.
 
Looks like the lady noticed it, and quickly took back her answer, "Oh no, I am really a light-sleeper so I get distureb by anything, and besides I was really entertained at what they were talking about." Suddenly, she laughed, but her laugh was caught up by a cough.
 
Siwon quickly stood up to caress her back, "Careful Tiff"
 
"Tiff?" The lady looked at him, and smiled, "I like that." She beamed at him again. "You shouldn't worry a lot about me coughing, this is natural when you got a sickness like this"
 
"I know, it's just that I can't help it, I'm a doctor" He smiled. 'And you seemed to get on my nerves easily' He thought, and suddenly remembered something, "What was entertaining about the conversation of the nurses last night?"
 
The lady was about to laugh but suppressed it because she might just cough again, "Well, they were fussing about how hansdome you are, and very smart, but you are not really noticing everybody who likes you, and you don't usually hang out with the hospital staff, and they said when they're saying "Hi!" to you, you'll just smile, you don't even tell them ho pretty they are when the truth is they've alreay put up makeup, and perfumes just to get you're attention", She giggled after that.
 
He eyed her in amusement, "You seemed to be really happy about that".
 
"Well, that's really funny, they sounded really disappointed about you being a snob" Then she furrowed her brows, looking at him, "You don't look like a snob to me."
 
He smiled again, "Why Tiff?"
 
She laughed, liking the new nickname, "Well, you won't be sitting here talking to me if you are a snob."
 
"Well, there's always an exception to everything" He answered looking at her.
 
"What?"
"You?"
"Me?"
"Yes."
 
Silence.
 
He watched her face go red, and she shyly smiled, "Oh really? Thanks! Well, I guess, I have a new friend in the hospital now."
 
"Who?" He asked, not understanding what she said.
 
"You, of course."
 
"Oh yeah, friends, yeah. Good." He answered, trying to hide the dismay that she considers him a friend. 'Well, that's a start.' He thought.
 
"You should really go right now" She said.
 
"Ouch, you're pushing me away, your friend here is hurt." He said, acting like he's been shot in the chest.
 
Tiffany laughed at the funny acting and answered, "Oh it's not like I want you to get out of here, but the nurses are peeking like ninjas at the door, and they're looking at me like psychos"
 
"Oh dear God" Siwon laughed, and facepalmed.
 
The lady gave him a mocking smile, "You should really go."
 
He scratched the back of his head, and sighed, "Alright alright." He stood up and opened the door but the he looked back at her meeting her eyes, and said, "Tiff, you know what?"
 
She smiled, "What?"
 
"I really like talking with you" 'And I'm planning on making you like me too'