Knowing

Love and other words

 

"So you've been here for quite a time now?" Changmin asked.
 
The doe-eyed girl enthusiastically nodded, "Yes, but it's been really fun here. I got to meet a lot of people, and make new friends. Some of those who have been discharged already visits me all the time, and they're helping me on looking for a heart donor. It's really awesome!" She smiled.
 
Changmin shook his head in amusement, "You know, I think you're the only person I know who is really happy about being in a hospital."
 
Yoona shook her head and laughed, "I have my reasons and besides, this is a weird hospital, everybody's getting along and everyone is happy and full of hope. When you stay a lot in a hospital, you get bored but you can always talk to other patients and make new friends." 
 
He smiled, "Okay okay, I got your point. But you, my lady, is really a weird patient, you seem to never wish to go home"
 
"Exactly."
"Why?"
 
"Well, I have the permission to go home but I wanted to stay here, you know, help other patients get used to being here, and help them realize that it's not really bad to be at a hospital."
 
'What a nice girl.' He thought.
 
"You know Tiffany, my bestfriend, when she was first admitted here, she really hates being here, and she's giving a lot of trouble to the staff telling them that she wants to go home, but then I talked to her, and we became really close, and soon she's fine."
 
"Well then I'm really lucky that I met someone like you who is such an inspiration to everyone here."
"You ARE really lucky, oppa!"
"Oppa?"
 
"Yes! You are an oppa now, I have a lot of oppas here you know." She winked.
 
"Oh." He nodded, hiding the disappointment that he's just one of the oppas. He has been constantly talking with Yoona for the past few days, sometimes she visits him at his room, sometimes he visits her just like now, and they eat at the canteen together with her bestfriend Tiffany. And those times made him like her more. 
 
Suddenly, a tall doctor came in Yoona's room, smiling at the lady. 
 
"Oppa!" He was surprised with Yoona's delighted tone as he watched her look at the doctor with her eyes shining like stars.
 
"Yoong dear." The doctor smiled back, and hugged her.
 
He coughed in shock, making the doctor look at him with furrowed brows.
 
"Oh, are you alright?"
 
'No, you just hugged her.' "Oh yes, yes, I was just, uhh, just my stomach, I felt something" He reasoned out.
 
Yoona looked at him with concern, "Are you alright, Changmin oppa?"
 
"Yes yes. I should probably go." He was about to stand up when the doctor stopped him.
 
"Oh no no, you should stay, I just dropped by to remind Yoona that she should be taking her pills later since I will not be here for the next few hours because I will be at the emergency room." The doctor kindly smiled at him.
 
He sat back and saw Yoona pout in disappointment, "Again?"
 
"Yes Yoong, someone's going to be in a surgery. An I will be assisting Appa."
 
"Oh, well then gooluck oppa! Fighting!" She said, flashing the sweetest smile he's ever seen to the doctor.
 
"Thanks. I'll be going on, Yoong." The doctor said, and he looked at Changmin, "Thanks for being friends with her..."
 
"Changmin" He answered.
 
"Oh yes, Thank you Changmin, I'm Donghae by the way." The doctor held a hand, and he shook hands with him.
 
He watched as the doctor took one last look at Yoona who was smiling at the doctor.
 
As the door closed, he cleared his throat, waking the lady from smiling at the door.
 
"So you, uhm, you are really close with the doctor?" He asked, trying not to sound really curious.
 
She nodded, and giggled, "Well yes, we're, uhmmm, we're a couple" She smiled again.
 
"YOU ARE WHAT?"
"Hey calm down, don't be so surprised, we're a couple, a lot of people here knows that, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you about Donghae oppa."
"Since when?"
 
"5 years ago before he went to America, we were already a couple." She giggled again, blushing.
 
"Oh." He stopped and stood up, "I should probably go."
 
Yoona pouted, "Oh why?"
 
"I am really tired" He hurriedly opened the door, and walked to his room.
 
As he lied in his bed, he started thinking about how Yoona looked at the doctor, and how she was really disappointed that he can't visit her a lot. 'I can visit you a lot, you won't be lonely with me. Really.'