Learning the Truth

Love and other words

 

He stopped there as he watched the car run fast, he saw Seohyun look back at him saying something.
 
"Seohyun!" He shouted for another time, wishing that the girl would go back. "Seohyun.. Seohyun... Please don't" He sat there at the side of the road crying, knowing that he wasted his chance to see his love. 'Seohyun please'
 
She was there, she looked at him, he saw different emotions, he knew she recognized him, or else she wouldn't run away from him. She was saying something to him, he just don't know what it was. And she's still very pretty, prettier than the last time he saw her. And those eyes are still the same, those big eyes that grows wider when she's surprised, the chubby cheeks is still there, and her nose that he always pinches when they were young. 'And I lost it.'
 
When he got back to his senses, he got up and ran back to his brother, who was in Yoona's room. He immediately opened the door, shocking the couple.
 
"Oh oppa?" Yoona said as she eyed him in surprise.
 
"Kyu?" Donghae furrowed his brows, "You look like a mess."
 
"I saw her hyung." He said, his eyes sore from crying.
 
"Who?"
"Seo"
"Who?!"
 
"Seohyun! I saw her, she was here. I bumped into her, she recognized me! But she ran away. She ran away hyung!" Without even knowing, he started crying again. His brother assisted him to sit on a chair. His body shaking from crying. "We looked at each other. I knew it was her. That's Seohyun, my Seohyun"
 
It took them a lot of time to get everything together, and to take in what he just said. His brother as the first one to speak.
 
"You saw Joohyun? Seo Joohyun?"
 
He nodded. Not trusting himself to speak, in fear that he would just burst into tears again, but then he can't help but ask his brother although he knew his brother doesn't have the answers.
 
"Why would she run away from me? Why does she look like she's afraid that we met each other again?"
"I don't know bro. But I have something to tell you."
He looked back at his brother in curiosity, "What is it, hyung?"
 
______________________________________________________________________________________
 
Donghae looked at his brother, when he heard Yoona spoke.
 
"Uhm, should I go out? Is this someth---"
"No Yoong, I think you should hear this."
 
He looked back at his brother who was eyeing him in anticipation.
 
"I was 13 then and Jessica was 11 years old when we overheard a conversation from Mr. and Mrs. Seo and Appa." He sighed, flashes of memories from the incident coming back.
 
"What about that?"
 
He knew it was time, "We heard that Jessica and Joohyun will not be able to reach the age of 20 because of their heart prolem."
 
His brother stood up, looking at him in shock, "Does Joohyun know that?"
 
He shook his head, "Jessica doesn't want her to know, Jessica wanted Joo to have a normal life, she wanted her to live without worrying that she might die soon."
 
Silence.
 
"Jessica noona pulled Seohyun to run away after their parents' death because she doesn't want Seo to lie in misery of knowing that she might go next to their parents too. Is that it? That's the reason right?" His brother said.
 
He looked at him, and nodded, "That's what I think, and maybe Jessica wanted Joohyun to enjoy her life, and be free. At least for a time"
 
He saw Kyu's eyes and knew he wanted to think, "I should go hyung. I wanted to have time to think alone." With that, he went out of the room.
 
He looke back at Yoona who was just there at her bed silently listening to them, he tried to smile at the girl, telling her that everything's fine.
 
"They must have been really important to you and Kyu oppa"
 
"They are." 'What I don't is if we are important to them too. Jessica why?'