Meeting

Love and other words

Fear is something that lives inside us no matter how brave we are.

 

She was once alive and restless. She was once a model, in fact, a famous model. She wasn't afraid of anything. But everything changed after that incident in Seoul Fashion Week when she collapsed right after the show and she was taken to the hospital. That was when she heard about the shocking news that changed everything she had in her 20 years of living.

 

'I am sorry Ms. Hwang but you have a blood cancer, stage 3.'

 

After that, she started to see everything in a different perspective. She saw how hard it was to walk, she saw how hard it was to walk without getting dizzy. Every step was a struggle, and every day as she woke up was a miracle. She started having bruises without knowing it, and started coughing with blood.

She was lifeless. And hopeless.

Until Yoona came.

Yoona was on the Heart Center ward, she had a heart problem.

She first saw Yoona in the garden playing with the kids. The young girl was admitted at the age of 16 while she was admitted at the age of 20.

Yoona was the one who helped her adjust to the new chapter of her life. The simple life of being at the hospital and being strong. How to never let her parents down. How to smile and be thankful about everyday. It was all because of her friend that she learned all of this.

"Here we are Dr. Choi. You're new patient, Ms. Hwang Tiffany" The nurse beamed at the tall doctor, as he opened the door, meeting the gaze of the patient.

She gave him a small smile, and tried to sit and stand up to greet the doctor.

"No, no. It's fine Ms. Hwang. Just lay on the bed" He said, and gave her a smile so sweet that she was dazzled and in awe.

"I'm sorry, Sir. That was very unethical"

"It's fine."

Silence.

"Uhm, Dr. Choi, should I leave you here? Or I'll wait for you outside the room?" The nurse eagerly asked, giving her sweetest smile.

The doctor smiled back and answered, "Thank you for the help, but I actually have the list of the rooms I should visit. You can go back to your work, I shall have a short talk with my new patient." He looked at her and winked.

She watched as the nurse blushed in embarrassment, and bowed, "Thank you Dr. Choi"

As soon as the nurse walked out of the room, she giggled carelessly that she coughed. "I'm sorry." She said, as soon as she stopped coughing and gave him a smile.

She saw a glint of amusement in his eyes, as he eyed his list, 'that must be my information sheet' she thought, "So Ms. Hwang, you seemed to be very happy about what happened?" She saw him smile.

She giggled again, and answered, "I'm sorry Doctor, but that nurse was rather harsh on me these past few days that is why I was a little bit happy about what happened"

"Ah, you got your revenge in another way, I see." He smiled, again, showing his perfect set of teeth. 'Oh my, he is so handsome'

"Yes, Doctor Choi."

"So, I guess I'll go and check the other patients. Bye Ms. Hwang" He said, and gave him another melting smile.

As the door closed, she hugged her Hello Kitty stuffed toy and smiled. See you again, Doctor!