Fifth Chapter

Flawless Tears

Once I got home from school, the time had already hit past 8PM. Mom and dad was still maintaining the restaurant so I made my way towards them. I needed to tell them – dad about what happened at school, that I accidentally had broken a window. How much could it cost to repair it? A few thousands won.

I took the stairs down and entered the small restaurant before I glanced around. After spotting dad in the kitchen I walked over and told him that I needed to ask him a thing. “What is it?” he looked up from the stove and smiled at me.

“I accidentally broke something at school.” I blurted and noticed how he let out a low sigh before he asked if I needed money. I felt a bit bad when I nodded, but I hurried to add that I would work it off with helping them in the restaurant.

“It’s okay, accidents happen and I’m glad you told me.” he patted my shoulder reassuringly and I weakly smiled at him as my heart settled. The room would get a new window and Jonghyun would be able to continue his practices. I wonder if I should go through with helping him restore the room. I knew that I would need to work really hard to earn enough money, because it was definitely not going to be cheap.

“Dad, could I get a real job here, in the restaurant? There’s a thing I really want to have but it’s expensive.” I asked him after a moment of thinking. I don’t really know why I was doing this, maybe because I was a bit fascinated over Jonghyun’s determination for dancing. There was a moment of silence and I wondered what he was thinking while he moved his lips around.

It felt as he was having a hard time deciding and I impatiently stomped my feet once, and thus earning his full attention as he broke out in a smile and told me that I could work with the cashier and as a waitress.

My inner screamed in joy and I hugged him as I said thank you over and over again before I darted of towards my room. I jumped around in excitement and I could hear my brother’s voice yelling at me to keep it down.

I stopped and threw myself on my bed as I began to think of what was needed to be bought so that the room would turn out into a real dance studio. I reached for my bag and brought out a paper and a pencil before I began to scribble down the necessary things I could come up with right now.

A new floor, that was definite, windows that actually could keep themselves together without breaking when you opened to get fresh air, right, an air conditioner and larger mirrors, and lastly a new music system and speakers.

God, this was going to cost thousands of won. I really need to work hard to be able to earn all the money needed. So after putting the ‘need to buy’ list away I turned to a new blank page and began to write down a timetable of when I could work. If I normally would get home from school around 4.30PM and the restaurant closed around 10 – 10.30PM, meaning that I would be able to work six hours on the schooldays and more on the weekends.

Homework’s and school related stuff I would need to handle after those hours. Meaning that I would need to stay up late and sleep less. But I knew it was going to be worth it.

Maybe I should ask dad tomorrow how much my hourly allowance would be, and then I could check up the prices of all the stuff and count out how many weeks or months I would need to work. Yes, that’s what I’m going to do. I curled my right hand into a fist and did a small ‘hwaiting’ as I determinately told myself that I would work my off. Okay, maybe not really so that it fall off, but at least so that I’m satisfied.

I snapped my head towards the bedroom door after hearing a light knock. “Yes?” I stated before I saw how the door itself creaked open and thus revealing my dad. I sat up straight in the bed as I glanced at him stepping inside and closing after himself.

“How much money do you need?”

Hm, how much could it cost to buy a similar window, fifty thousand won maybe? I bit my lip as I cheekily smiled up at him. I think he got a smear heart attack when I told him about the cost. Honestly, I actually thought he wouldn’t hand over the money at first, so I got seemingly surprised when he actually did with the words that ‘don’t loss them’.

“I won’t.” I let the money rest in my palm a while as I stared down at them. It was a lot of money. And I would need to earn a lot of this stuff the next coming weeks because I wanted Jonghyun to get a real dance studio where he could dance without having any troubles. He would be able to breathe in fresh air and actually be able to see himself in the mirrors. Those that was hung up in the room right know had huge cracks all over them and it was hard to see anything without squinting your eyes.

But I wouldn’t tell him, I wanted it to be a surprise. Though, there was this small problem. Why didn’t I think of it before? Didn’t he use that room like every day, then how would I be able to restore it without him knowing? It wouldn’t be possible. I loud sigh escaped my lips and my shoulders sank in defeat.

Maybe it wouldn’t work out.

I was so deep in my negative thoughts that everything seemed to be impossible. Maybe I should just skip it. He could dance in there after all, so. Who am I kidding? If I had a hard time being in there for just a couple of minutes then he must feel terrible while being in there.

All the negative thoughts and emotions inside of my sipped out as Jonghyun’s shy smile appeared in my mind and I found myself smiling. I had to do it, if not only for Jonghyun then the future students of Shinil high school. Jonghyun couldn’t be the only one enjoying dancing, so that room would probably be frequently used in the future.

The feeling of excitement once again entered my heart and it was hard to not break out in a huge smile. But if I was supposed to do this, then I would need to keep my hopes up, because even I knew that it was not going to be easy, school, work, homework’s and lastly a few hours of sleep.

I slide out of bed and proceeded out in the living room where I found Junsik seated on the couch, watching some music show on the television. The loud music boomed in the room and I had to tell him to turn the volume down before I could speak.

“What?” I heard that he was annoyed and with a quick glance at the television I totally understood why he wanted me to hurry up. It was a girl group in tight revealing outfits. God, guys. I shook my head disapprovingly and he shoot me a glare.

“I’m going to bed.” I told him and his glare turned into why-did-you-need-to-tell-me-this look. I rolled my eyes and said goodnight before I returned to my room, which I locked so that Junsik wouldn’t be able to wake me up in some funny manor. I know I didn’t want to be splashed with water in the morning, and especially not from him.

After changing from my uniform to my pajama I slipped into my bed and pulled the cover over my body before I placed my head against the pillow. Tomorrow everything would start so I needed all the sleep I could get.