Twentyfifth Chapter

Flawless Tears

Yesterday, after that Jonghyun had left school I stayed behind. The last things needed to be done before today. Because he told me that he would come to school, even though he said that he weren’t exactly sure of when. Only that he would come.

Therefore I’d stayed behind until everything was finished, and when everything was finished the clock had already turned half past one in the night. I had to fix it because I knew for a fact that I wouldn’t be able to trick Jonghyun today as well.

Mom and dad hadn’t been too happy about me getting home at two am in the night. But after a lecture and with a promise to never stay out that late every again I’d slumped down on my bed and got my well earned sleep. Because today was it, today he’d be able to see what I’ve done. How much better the room was now. It was a room that actually could be called dance studio.

It was with a huge relief I stepped inside the classroom and sat down on my seat. I smiled as I thought about what he would think. Something that earned me weird looks from some of the girls. But I didn’t care as I watched the teacher stroll inside the room, and slamming down his huge pile of papers.

“I hope everyone have finished their books, because we are going to have a small pop-quiz.” A loud boom of groans could be heard throughout the room, and for once I joined them. I hated pop-quizzes. Didn’t understand why teachers wanted to torture the students as much as possible. Luckily I’d read out the whole book, not that I hadn’t read it before. But last time was during middle school and I’ve probably forgotten everything that I learned back then. Okay, maybe not completely, but some things.

I stared down at the questions and with a satisfying smirk I began to scribble down my answers. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. Most of the questions were rather easy, while some of them you needed to think after a bit before answering.

Half an hour later the history teacher clapped his hands and ordered everyone to hand in their papers. Yet again, another boom of groans and disappointed voices appeared. It seemed as if not everyone had read the book after all. I smiled to myself, though that smile faded completely when I heard someone whisper that I she couldn’t believe that Changjo were hanging around me. I knew I shouldn’t take that to heart. But even though that, it still hurt.

Girls can truly be so mean sometimes.

The bell rang and I darted out of there, lunch here I come. My stomach growled in satisfaction when the food hit the bottom and I looked up surprised when I noticed that someone sat down at my table. It was that girl again, the one that didn’t speak so much.

“Hello.” She greeted me with a smile and I replied it with the same before I told her that I hadn’t seen her around for some time. She answered with a low laugh that she’d not missed school even one day this semester. I guess it was just me then, I hadn’t paid any attention to my surroundings.

“Really.” I blurted out surprised and she acknowledged my answer with a nod before she stuffed a spoonful with rice inside . “I’m Go Yeon Ah.” I didn’t know if she already knew what my name was. But since I was widely known in this school as Changjo’s , then I think she knew who I was.

“I know; you are like a celebrity in this school, I’m Park Soori by the way.” Huh, a celebrity. I don’t know about that. I’m more like a disgrace, at least if you speak with half of the female population in this school. “Everyone here hates me.” I bluntly stated and I saw that she choked on her rice, just like I had done a few weeks ago.

“I don’t, I think you’re cool.” She mumbled and I stared up at her, utterly surprised over what she’d said. Wow, she had to be the first person here that actually likes me. “Really, why?” I asked before I shoved another spoon with rice into my mouth.

“Because, you are not like the other girls here, you don’t try to doll yourself up in front of Changjo and more important you seem to treat him and everyone around you with the respect they deserve.”

Well, the first about Changjo, or for me Jonghyun. I didn’t even know who he was until a few weeks ago. So there was no point in trying to change the way I was acting. And secondly, my parents had raised me with that you should treat everyone with respect. I maybe didn’t treat the ones that hurt me and the ones I hold dearly that great, but it was because they hurt me first.

“Well, I don’t see Jonghyun as the idol everyone calls Changjo, I see him for the person he is, as Jonghyun.” I told truthfully and I watched how she nodded her, as if she understood where I was going.

Once I finished eating I waited for Soori to do that as well before we headed towards our own homerooms. “See you some other time.” she bid goodbye and so did I before I slipped inside and sat down. I hadn’t noticed that Jonghyun had popped up and my eyes widened in surprise. I knew he said that he would turn up some time during today, but not exactly when.

Though, I didn’t say anything, didn’t want the girls to get even more furious than what they already were. It seemed quite pointless to do so. The bell rang in the distance and all the students were slowly coming back from wherever they’d been at.

The first class passed by normally, though during the second and last class of the day some students began to argue about something and the teacher told them to get out, after that had been cleared out the lesson returned to normal again before it finally ended. Hastily I stood up and exited the room before I leaned my body against the wall as I waited for Jonghyun to come out. I noticed that he was taking extra long so I glanced inside and saw that he was talking to the teacher. I guess Jonghyun must miss a lot when he’s not here.

Once he finally came outside I grabbed his hand and laced our fingers together as I smiled up at him. I saw a small blush creep up on his face and I bit my lip. He was so cute when he blushed. “I want to show you something.” I exclaimed as I started to drag him towards the now remodeled room where he used to dance.  

“Close your eyes.” he stared at me with that weird expression again and I had to tell him that it wasn’t something scary or anything like that. He let out a low laugh before he closed his eyes and I guided him the last bit. Once we were standing outside the door I took a deep breath, probably the deepest I’ve ever taken in my whole life, because this was it. Either he would love it or hate it. I pulled the handle down and gently pushed the door open, revealing a completely whole new room.

I led him inside and told him to wait a second as I walked over and silently opened a window. He needed to see that you actually could open a window now, without breaking it. “You ready?” I asked and saw how he lit up in a smile. I took that as a yes and told him to open his eyes.

I think I forever could live on the expression that he showed. He looked ecstatic and really surprised over what he was seeing. I watched with a smile on my lips how he wandered around and took in everything that had been changed. “How?” he suddenly asked as he turned around to look at me.

“I worked in my parents restaurant.” I explained and before I knew it he was standing right in front of me. “Why did you do all this?” he uttered and I bit my lip when I thought about why I’d done it.

“Because that day when I saw you dance I was amazed over your determination and focus, but when I saw how poorly the conditions in the room was. Especially the air, I had a hard time breathing in here, and then I’d just been a couple of minutes inside. I thought you deserved something better.”

My body tensed ever so slightly when I felt his soft hand brush against my chin, “I think you should get your answer to your confession” I stared up at him confused, but before I got the chance to say anything I saw how he lowered his head and pressed our lips together. I slightly parted my lips and welcomed his tongue that gently brushed against mine. Those butterflies from before came back, but this time even stronger than before.

Jonghyun, the person I’d waited so long for was finally kissing me. Everything that had happened did no longer matter, because he replied my feelings that I had for him.

~~

This was the last chapter ^^ thank you everyone for commenting.. I've started a new story, please give it lots of love; http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/25143/polaroid-picture-korean-original-shinee-supernatural-taemin