Nineteenth Chapter

Flawless Tears

Jonghyun weren’t at school the fallowing days. I guess that he didn’t want to see me, I’d made him upset. Or maybe it was because if his foot. I don’t think that jumping around on crutches like that were any fun.

At least I would be able to focus on my studies, heck who am I kidding. I can’t even focus on anything anymore. The only thing, the only person that was constantly on my mind was Jonghyun. It was hard, because everything I was supposed to do suffered from it. Homework was piling up and my job at the restaurant was just bothersome.  

Even my family was starting to notice that I was zooming out more and more. I couldn’t hide the fact that I wanted to know what Jonghyun thought about me. Why he’d been so jealous, did he perhaps like me too? Maybe he was just embarrassed to say anything.

I shook my head bewildered; there wasn’t a chance in the world that he could like her back. Just the thought of dating someone famous made her a both scared and excited. Fans of him would surely come after her with pitchforks. I shivered at the thought before glancing down at the cashier. I let out a low sigh, luckily the restaurant was soon closing and I would be able to go to sleep. It was only two days left until I would’ve collected enough money for Jonghyun’s dance room.

But I honestly, did no longer know whether I was going to use the money for that anymore. Maybe I could buy something for myself.

I was counting down the minutes and just as the last customer were about to leave I heard how the door opened and someone stepped inside. I cursed inside my head. I would need to tell the person that we were about to close. I got the biggest shock when I stared up on the person before me. I bit my lip hard to see if this wasn’t a dream. I yelped when it stung. It wasn’t a dream.

“W-what are you doing here?” I asked the boy standing in front of me. I was scared over what he was going to say. But I still wanted to know why he hadn’t been to school. The intense stare he was giving me made me feel a bit uneasy.

“Because of you.” I couldn’t tear my gaze away from his as he took a step closer towards me. My breath caught in my throat when he stopped just a meter away from me. The beat of my heart was rushing and I had to fight the urge of slung my arms around him. He already knew that I loved him so he shouldn’t be too surprised if I actually did that.

“Yeon Ah mom wa –.” My eyes widened in horror at the voice of my brother. And it didn’t get any better when he suddenly appeared before us. I wanted to scream for him to go away. I didn’t want him to see who it was, he couldn’t see Jonghyun. But my pray’s weren’t heard and Junsik stepped even closer until he was standing next to me.

“Oppa, go away.” I begged for him to leave, but just like usual. Junsik didn’t listen to me and instead asked Jonghyun who he was. The boy had sunglasses and a cap on his head in order to hide his identity, but after that he’d heard that my brother asked him who he was, he slowly revealed his face. And just like any other time, Junsik got furious when he saw that it was a boy.

“Yah, you are that boy my sister cries herself to sleep for.” He roared as he grabbed the collar of Jonghyun’s jacket. Why the hell did he have to say that? Why must he come and destroy everything.

“Oppa, if you ever hurt Jonghyun, then I’m not your sister anymore.” Yes, I actually said that. Despite the strong bond the two of us, I would never forgive him if he ever hurt Jonghyun. Relief poured over me when I saw that Junsik let go of Jonghyun and stepped back. I know that he was hurt by my words, but he should know me more than well, that if I say that he shouldn’t hurt Jonghyun, then he means a lot to me.

I motioned for Junsik to go, and for once he didn’t object. When he was gone I let out a sigh, I was beyond embarrassed now. “You are crying yourself to sleep because of me?” Jonghyun asked with a raised eyebrow. My gaze met his for a split second before I let it wander away.

But it was true, I had cried myself to sleep numerous of times because of him. Because I was confused about my feelings for him, and about what he thought of me, if I meant as much to him as he meant to me.

Just as I was about to reply I could hear a phone ringing. I knew for a fact that it wasn’t mine. Instead, Jonghyun picked up his phone and answered. I watched how he nodded a few times while saying yes before he ended the call and turned his attention back to me. I already knew what he was going to say. He was going to announce that he had to leave.

And just as I predicted, a few seconds later he excused himself saying that his group members needed him. I couldn’t say anything and only nodded my head. I was still baffled over the fact that someone suddenly had called. “I guess I’ll see you when I do.” I bid my goodbye to him as he jumped his way over to the door.

“I’m sorry for leaving just like this.” he apologized but I hurriedly told him that it was okay. His idol life was more important, and that was something I knew. With a last glance I watched how he disappeared out through the door and I locked behind him. I jumped in fear once I turned around to see Junsik standing there with a huge frown on his lips.

“If he ever hurt you, I’ll break his neck off.” He threatened but I could see that sparkle in his eyes. I knew that he was just joking with me. “Oppa, if you do that then I’ll break your neck.” I slapped his arm lightly before making my way up to the apartment. “Yah, I mean it.” he yelled after me, but the only reply he got in return was laughter from me.

Once I was inside my room I slumped down in the chair in front of my laptop. I began to type in ‘Teen Top’ on YouTube. Hundreds of videos popped up and I clicked on one of those that were a music video.

My eyes immediately searched for Jonghyun, or in the fans eyes, Changjo. My eyes were glued to the said boy the whole video. There was no wonder that so many girls were swooning over him, because he was truly breathtaking.

~~

Sorry for not updating in a while, but I was writing on two one-shots ^^p