Eight Chapter

Flawless Tears

Once I returned to them one of the boys asked me if I knew Changjo. “Who’s ‘Changjo’?” I asked as I blinked my eyes bewildered. I didn’t know anyone with the name ‘Changjo’. There was a moment of silence and I heard how the boy that asked me the question letting out a small yelp. I turned towards Jonghyun and bit my lip.

“Is something wrong?” I wondered but he only shook his head. Yet again, silence filled the air and I glanced between all of them. Jonghyun had handsome friends that are one thing for sure. “Mm, what do would you like to eat?” I decided to end the awkward silence as I fished up the small notebook and a pen from my back pocket.

“I want ramyeon.” One of the boys eagerly stated and I smiled as I scribbled it down as I listened to the rest to tell me what they wanted, in the end, all of the wanted ramyeon. “I’ll be right back then.” I smiled at them before I headed back to the kitchen. I filled a huge pot with my dad’s homemade broth, which I slowly would heat up. I wanted all the flavors to stay intact.

And as that was heating itself I went back to the boys and placed down glasses for each one of them before I went to get the bottle with water. “Are you the only one working here?” Jonghyun suddenly asked just after that I’d placed the bottle down onto the table.

“Only now, usually my mother and father work here as well.” I answered and I saw what he wanted to ask. “It’s actually closed, but since Jonghyun is in my class I let you guys in.” I showed them a bright smile. I didn’t want them to think I was being put under unfair circumstances because of them, because that was not the case.

“Jonghyun?” the ‘eager’ boy mouthed out. And that’s when I started to get really confused and I turned my attention to Jonghyun himself. “His name, isn’t it Jonghyun?” I tilted my head as a blush crept up on my face. I could swear that his name was indeed Jonghyun. “He’s only joking with you, my name is Jonghyun.” He stated and I saw that he glared at the boy in front of him. Okay, why does it feel like there is something he – they are not telling me.

“Okay, I’m going to –.” I didn’t finish the sentence and instead pointed in the direction of where the kitchen was. Why are they behaving so weirdly? I decided to push that matter away once I began with the noodles and vegetables.

I could hear their chattering about everything. Though there was this one sentence that caught my attention more than the others. One of the boys, I knew that it wasn’t Jonghyun nor the boy that had been so eager. It was someone else. Either how, he was asking Jonghyun. I know for a fact that it was Jonghyun because he was the only one that knew me. Anyhow, he asked Jonghyun about me.

I don’t know why but my heart began to pump faster. Unconsciously I had stopped what I was doing and pressed my ear against the door. “Dongsaeng-ah why didn’t you tell us about your girlfriend?” My eyes widened and I had to bit my lip hard. What was that boy talking about, Jonghyun was not my boyfriend. Okay, I admit, he’s cute and all. But gosh, I barely know him at all. The only thing I do know is that he loves to dance.

“H-hyung, she’s not my girlfriend.” I heard Jonghyun stuttered; it wasn’t that hard to tell that he sounded embarrassed. Well, I was too so I don’t blame him. “What’s her name?” it was ‘eager’ boy, though my face fell a bit when I heard how Jonghyun said that he didn’t know what my name was. Here I had been thinking about Jonghyun all the time, and he didn’t even know my name. It would be a lie if I said that it didn’t hurt.

“What, you don’t know her name. Then I’ll ask her.” there was a moment of silence before I could hear how a chair was scrapping against the floor, and it didn’t take long before I understood that he would ask me now. I rushed back to the stove and just as I had grabbed the spatula I could hear how the door was pushed open.

I turned around and came face to face with a boy with pinkish hair, his smile turned into a smirk and my heart jumped.

“You don’t know us?” he suddenly asked and I shook my head before I asked him if I should know who they are. “Maybe.” He replied before he took a step forward. “I’m sorry, I don’t know you. I don’t know anyone else besides Jonghyun sshi. I just came to Korea one and a half month ago.” I explained to him. I felt my heart thump faster and faster by each step he took. And before I knew it he was standing just in front of me. I froze and blinked my eyes when he leaned in closer to me.

“You know, you are really cute when you blush.” He whispered and I shivered when he sent a puff of air towards my ear. Oh god, when did I start blushing?

“Are you always like this? Playing with girls?” I retorted back once he had leaned away, though his eyes were still pierced into mine and I gulped when he let out a low snort. Had I made him angry? I bit my lip hard as I waited for him to reply.

“Only with the ones that are pretty.” He blinked his eye in what I think was suppose to be seductive. Whoa seriously, the nerve that he have. “Is that suppose to be a pick-up line?” I turned around since it looked like he didn’t have anything more to say and I needed to focus on their food. Just as I was about to stir the mix with noodles and vegetables I could feel a pair of arms sneaking around my waist from behind.

“You know, I’m more fun than Jonghyun.” He purred before I felt something soft press against my neck. OMG, what is he doing. I swiftly spun around and glared at him while he raised his hands in defense, like he hadn’t done anything wrong. The nerve of that guy, urgh, I had to fight the urge of hitting him with the spatula.

There was a light knock on the door fallowed by Jonghyun’s voice asking us if everything was alright, I wanted to scream no. But knowing that all of them would freak out and then possible tell everyone they knew about this place and how the owner’s had a wicked daughter. I don’t think any customers would want to step inside ever again.

“It’s okay, it’s soon ready.” I replied him as I glared at the guy in front of me; he still had that awful smirk of his plastered on his lips. “You know, I don’t like guys like you. Thinking that they are so almighty and can get any girl they want.” I spat at him, but he didn’t seem the slightest bothered by the fact that I was insulting him.

“I’ll get you to like me, just watch.” He bent forward and out of nowhere he placed a featherless kiss on my cheek. I swung the spatula towards his head but I could only watch how he smirked and showed of a peace sign before exiting.

Anger rose inside of me and I clenched my fist hard around the spatula as I walked up to the stove and finished off with the last touches before I poured everything into six bowls. After putting everything on a tray I headed towards the table.

“Here you go.” I said in English as I put one bowl in front of each one of them. “Wah, your English is perfect.” The ‘eager’ boy uttered as he grabbed onto his chopsticks and began to eat. I smiled at him before I told them that I’d lived in the US my whole life until one and a half month ago when I moved here.

“So that’s why your Korean .” The pinkish hair boy laughed as he dug into his ramyeon. I had to tell myself to calm down before I actually did something to him. Like pour his ramyeon over his head. “Hyung.” Jonghyun uttered, his voice was a bit darker than usual.

“Noona what’s your name?” the ‘eager’ boy asked and I gawked at him. Noona seriously, how old was this guy? “How old are you?” I asked baffled over the fact that someone had called me noona. I had always been the youngest one so to be called noona was something completely new to me. “I’m soon seventeen.” He replied and I told him that I was the same age as he was. “So please, don’t call me noona.” I begged before I told him that I could answer his question to what my name was. Well, honestly it was so that Jonghyun could hear. So that he would know of my name.

“My name is Yeon Ah, Go Yeon Ah.” I smiled and I could hear how the pinkish hair guy stated that they – I am most certain that he mentioned the boys, either how, that they should introduce themselves as well.

“I’m Rick –.” Before he could finish he let out a loud yelp and I saw that he stared at Jonghyun before he began again. “Hehe, I’m Yoo Chang Hyun.” The ‘eager’ boy finally got himself a name. “I’m Ahn Daniel.” One of the guys that hadn’t spoken so much said and I nodded and then waited for the rest of them.

“I’m Lee Chan Hee.” The boy showed of a V-sign with his hand and I snickered and let my gaze fall on the boy next to him, the charismatic one to be exact. “I’m Bang Min Soo.” He spoke before he did a thumps up and I moved on to the annoying one. “Lee Byung Hun here.” He blinked his eye at me after that he’d finished and I wanted to puke.

“Pretty boy over there you already know.” Byung Hun stated and I saw that Jonghyun blushed ever so slightly, something that I found rather cute. I watched how Jonghyun stuck out his tongue childishly towards him before he too started to eat. My stomach suddenly growled and I remembered that I hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast, and that was like fourteen, fifteen hours ago.

“Are you dieting?” pink hair guy spoke, one more thing and I’m pouring that ramyeon over his head. “Hyung.” Jonghyun‘s voice was loud and I found it a bit scary. “No, I’m not dieting.” Without having the chance to say something else I felt a hand grasp my wrist before I was pulled to the side. I glanced down and spotted Jonghyun looking up at me. “We can share.” He offered and I felt gratefulness towards him, he was so careful, in addition to Byung Hun.

“It’s okay.” Once I had said those words my stomach told me otherwise, and I had no choice but to pull out a chair and place it next to Jonghyun’s before I sat down. Hesitantly I watched how he pushed the bowl closer to me. “Are you sure?” I asked and felt how he pressed a pair of chopsticks into my hands. I guess that were settled then.