Fifteenth Chapter

Flawless Tears

It was Friday today; my parents had allowed me to stay home yesterday and the day before that. They had told me to rest and gain energy. But I don’t know if I actually gained any energy, I think I mainly wasted it on tears.

“Yeon Ah?” my eyes darted to the side upon hearing a girl’s voice. I stared at her questionably. Where I had seen her before, I thought for a while before I remembered. Right during lunch, in the cafeteria, she was sitting all by herself. “Ah, annyeonghaseyo.” I greeted her with an awkward bow. To be honest, I was still a bit forgetful about the whole bowing ordeal since it wasn’t something you did in the US.

“Do you mind if I sit here?” she asked nicely and I couldn’t find myself to say no, it was rude. Especially since I knew that she didn’t have anyone else to sit together with. I pointed with my hand at the chair in front of me while telling her that it was fine.

I scooped up some rice on my spoon before pushing it inside my mouth. Half of it stuck in my throat and I swiftly grabbed the glass of water before gulping it down. “Are you okay?” the girl before me asked and I raised an eyebrow. This was the first time I’d actually heard her starting a conversation. “I’m fine.” I immediately regretted my choice of tone, it came out harsher than I expected and I saw that she flinched slightly.

“Sorry, it’s just that it’s been a rough week.” I apologized. “It’s okay, I understand.” She was reassuring me that it was nothing. That’s when I came to think of it, how did she know my name, it’s not like I’d told her. “By the way, how do you now my name?” I asked her while tilting my head to the side.

“Almost every girl in this school is talking about you.” huh, why would anyone want to talk about me, it’s not like I was famous or anything. “I don’t understand, why would anyone want to talk about me?” I let out a snicker, this was totally absurd. But the look she gave me made me realize that it wasn’t something to joke about.

“They hate you.” she bluntly stated and my face fell. This was making me even more confused. First they talk about me behind my back, and now they hate me. The problem was why? “I still don’t understand what I’ve done wrong.” I truthfully spoke and it actually seemed like she looked surprised and a bit confused.

“You don’t know.” I shook my head bewildered. I watched how she heaved a sigh and that made me even more curious to what was happening inside these walls. “They hate you for sticking around Changjo.” She spilled it, but to me that made absolute no sense at all. I didn’t know anyone by the name of Changjo. The only one I knew inside this school was Jonghyun.

“Sorry, I don’t know anyone with that name; Changjo.” I murmured under my breath. Why was everyone mentioning the name Changjo? What was so special about that boy, causing every girl besides me to fangirl over him?

“Eh, you do know that Changjo and Jonghyun is the same person?” my eyes widened at her words, what the hell was going on. “What do you mean?” my mouth wriggled and my heart began to thump faster. “Jonghyun’s stage name is Changjo; he’s a famous idol in a Korean boy group.” My mouth fell open.

“How many members?” I eagerly asked and listened to as she answered that they were a six-member boy group that debuted last year. When thinking about it. Everything fitted together. Why they wore caps and glasses inside, and when it wasn’t even sunny. Why they wanted to be as unremarkable as possible. It was because they didn’t want anyone to know. But why hadn’t he told me, why hadn’t he explained that he was an idol?

My pain turned into anger and disappointment. He didn’t trust me. It had to be why he didn’t tell me. Still, it made everything even worse, did he think I would turn into some creepy fangirl that would start stalking him. Was that it?

I excused myself from the girl and I hastily stood up before making my way out of there. My head was spinning and my heart was hurting to the point that I wanted to lie down and die. I picked up my cell phone and pressed forward Jonghyun’s phone number. I didn’t care anymore that he didn’t want to see or hear from me. So after pressing the green button I pressed my phone against my ear.

“Hello?” my pulse instantly increased upon hearing his voice and a shot of pain hit my right in the chest as I said a faint hello as well. A moment of silence fallowed and I bit my lip to keep myself from bawling out everything I felt.

“I can’t talk right now.” My heart fell when I heard how the phone call ended. I clenched my fingers harder around the phone to the point that it began to hurt, before I let it fall to the floor. I stared straight ahead of me, everything around me blurred and I needed to lean against the wall in order to not collapse.

What was happening? Why did it feel like everyone had been lying to me? Jonghyun – Changjo – Jonghyun, what was I going to call him, had lied to me. Byung Hun had, Chang Hyun, all the six of them had lied to me. But the one that hurt the most was Jonghyun. He didn’t trust me.

Here I had foolishly fallen in-love with someone that didn’t even see me as a friend, because why else would you lie, why else wouldn’t you tell the truth. Wasn’t friends supposed to tell the truth?

“Yeon Ah, Yeon Ah?” I lifted my head up and glanced at the person before me. I blinked my eyes as I shook my head, why was my sight so blurry. “W-what?” I stuttered out as I tried to fix my gaze. “Here, let me help you.” it was not until now that I noticed that the voice of the person was rather dark, it was a boy. But it wasn’t Jonghyun. I would know that voice anywhere and he was definitely not the one standing before me.

“Right.” I murmured and felt a hand around my waist before my body was squeezed against someone else’s. I didn’t even take notice of where he brought me until I heard a door close behind us, followed by a lock being turned. “Who are you?” I asked after that my sight was starting to come back. He turned around and my eyes fixed themselves into his. I couldn’t recognize him at all.

“I’m someone that’ll make your life a living hell.” He spoke and a huge smirk appeared on his lips after that he finished. This was making me scared. “I should go.” I darted towards the door and just as I was about to grab the lock I felt a hand around my arm, pulling me back again. That was before I felt his breath against me neck and I shivered. This was definitely not good.

I moved around under him and before I knew it he had placed his lips on top of mine. He graced his tongue along my bottom lip, but I tightly pressed my jaw together. I would not allow him to slip his tongue inside my mouth. My hands went up to his chest and I began to hit him with all the strength I had, but he only smirked into the kiss and grabbed my neck harshly before deepening the kiss. I was starting to panic, I desperately needed to breathe.

My options were starting to run out and with a last attempt to free myself I kneeled him in the guts. To my luck he pulled away in pain and I wriggled myself out of his grasp before I rushed towards the door. I didn’t even look behind me as I exited; I just wanted to get out of there before he pulled me back again, because I was definitely not going to get a second chance.

I felt how my eyes began to get watery and I had to keep myself from crying. Not in school, not in front of all these people. But this was all I could take for today, I wanted to go home. Without thinking twice I headed outside. I would climb the wall; I didn’t care whether I would get detention or a getting yelled at from the teacher. There were simply things more important than school at the moment.