Fourth Chapter

Flawless Tears

“What was the name of that book again?” I asked myself as I headed for the school library. We had got an assignment for the history class that we were supposed to read a book. Though, I couldn’t remember the name of it. I knew it was a book I’d read before. Right, oh the so famous play of Romeo and Juliet, the story revolving around a young couple and their impossible love for one another due to their background.

‘Now I just needed to find it.’ I murmured inside my head as I began to scan the shelves, this was my first time searching for a book in a Korean library. And also my first time to ever read a book in Korean. What were I suppose to do if I didn’t understand what it said? Oh god how embarrassing.

After looking for that stupid book for about ten minutes I found myself defeated and I slumped down on a chair. I didn’t know it was this hard to find one book. My eyes shifted around on the other students and my gaze immediately stopped at Jonghyun. He had the same assignment as I did, maybe he could help me. It didn’t hurt to ask, so why not.

Once I’d walked up to his table I cleared my throat and it didn’t take many seconds before he raised his head and looked at me. He cheekily smiled and asked me if something was wrong. “I – ehm, could you help me find the Romeo and Juliet book, please.” I begged and clasped my hands together in front of my chest so that it looked like I actually was begging.

I smiled and said a ‘thank you’ after that he had pointed and told me that it was on the shelf with the older stories. ‘Why hadn’t I thought of that?’ my mind talked as I headed over towards the right shelf. I scanned my eyes and it didn’t take long before I saw it, above my head and out of my reach. I made myself stand on the tip of my toes as I reached out my arms towards the book. But it was not enough. I could still not reach it.

‘Junsik can I borrow some of your height now?’

I let out a groan as I began to jump. But as I was about to grab it someone else did and I snapped my head around. It was my book so I was the one that should get it. “Yah my –.” My words stuck in my throat as I saw who it was; Jonghyun.

I chewed on my bottom lip as he reached out the book towards me; carefully I grabbed onto it and stuffed it against my chest as I bowed. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to raise my voice at you. I thought it was someone else who would snatch it away.” A low laugh entered my ears and I glanced at him. He was smiling shyly and I giggled over how cute he looked.

But just as I was about to ask him about his name he suddenly uttered that he needed to go. I was speechless and found myself nod once before watching how he walked off. Okay then, I’ll ask him some other time.

Crap, what if someone saw us together just now. I grabbed my bag and hurriedly skidded towards the disk so that I could register the book into the register. A moment later I practically ran out of the library with the bag on my back and the book tightly against my chest, though I came to a halt when I heard music booming nearby.

Should I go home or take a look?

My curiosity got the better of me and I choose the latter one. The music got stronger the closer I got to the small room on the end of the hallway. I could hear strong vocals and rhythmical beats creeping closer. My eyes widened slightly at what I saw through the small window. It was Jonghyun and he was dancing.

My eyes were glued on the dancing boy in front of me. I gawked as he slid along the floor while doing these amazing routines. He looked so determent and didn’t let small mistakes bother him. I didn’t know when, but a huge smile had formed on my lips as I stared at him. A few minutes later the song ended, though I couldn’t tore my gaze away from him and continued to stare as a new song started to boom through the giant black speakers standing in the room.

This went on, song after song ended and I was so amazed over this boy’s abilities to dance so well. Where the heck had he learned to dance so well.

My heart jumped slightly when I saw how he looked over towards where I was standing and I ducked my head, hoping that he hadn’t seen me. I waited a while before I bit by bit carefully raised my head. I jumped back startled at the sight of him standing right at the window, looking at me. I’d fallen to the floor with my hitting it first.

My heart began to thump faster when I saw how the door opened and he stepped outside. I’d been careless and now I had to deal with it. I scrambled to my feet’s and bowed 90% as I told him that I was sorry and that I didn’t mean to spy on him like that.

There was a moment of silence and I slowly raised my head to see what he was doing. He was keeping a straight, almost emotionless face and I bit my lip and returned to settle my gaze at the floor beneath.

“I’m sorry I re –.” I stopped when I felt something soft brush against my palm and I stared gazed at my right hand. My eyes slightly enlarged and I let out a small snicker as I fallowed the arm that was holding onto my hand. Wasn’t he supposed to me shy and reserved? Apparently not, and I felt a light thug and I straightened my back and stared up at him. His eyes were scanning my eyes as if he was looking for something. Though he stopped and pushed the door to the dance room further open and motioned for me to get inside.

“Ah, yeh.” I weakly smiled and stepped inside. The sun was setting for today and the only thing lightening up the room was a small lamp. “It’s not a real dance studio.” I snapped my head around, a bit surprised that he spoke. I’d already noticed that he wasn’t much of a talker, but it wasn’t something that bothered me that much. It was better than a person speaking too much. At least I thought so.

I turned my body around, inspecting the room. And he was right. It was definitely not a dance studio. It looked more like a rundown old classroom that had been gotten itself a few mirrors and a music system. The floor was nut and the small windows were nearly keeping themselves together. This place needs to be cleaned and restored.

“I see.” I murmured as I looked back at him. Though, he didn’t seem to be the slightest bothered by the fact that the place where horrible to be in. It didn’t take long before I was starting to have problems with breathing correctly. Wasn’t the air conditioning working?

“How can you dance like this? I can barely breathe in here.” I wondered and I saw how he smiled like a little child. “Because I love dancing.” The underlying tone when he told me so sent warmth down to my heart. I could really tell that he love to dance. I nodded and then turned around to look at the windows. Maybe I could open one?

I tried to and as I was about to push it open I could hear Jonghyun half yelling behind me to not open, though I had already pushed away. Yeah, the whole window broke and small pieces of glass scattered down on the floor. I bit my lip hard to suppress a groan to escape my lips. Great now I really did destroy something.

My shoulders sank as I slowly turned around to face him. He didn’t look mad, the only thing I could see in his eyes were sorrow. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I promise. I’ll buy a new window.” I ranted over and over again as I bowed. Why did I have to be so clumsy.

~~

No comments D= is it so bad?