Third Chapter

Flawless Tears

”Not again.” I cried in my mind as I ran towards the school gates. Yup, I overslept this morning and that means that I’m on my way to get my first late attendance, and that on the second school day. How lucky can I be, plus I missed the opportunity to pour water on Junsik’s face.

Urgh, bad alarm.

It was three, maybe four minutes left until the gates would officially close so I ran as if my life depended on it. But as I rounded the last corner and were about to phase up the small hill, I felt how my shoulder came in contact with something that was both hard and soft and I fell face first against the ground.

Great, I’m even later today, yet today I fall. Why?

I landed harshly against the asphalt, blood started to trickle down my right knee and I groaned before I glanced over towards the other direction. I wanted to see what I had pumped into. My eyes caught sight of a boy about a meter away; his shirt had been pushed upwards and was revealing his bare stomach.

Oh god, my poor innocent eyes. Okay, okay, that was a lie. My eyes weren’t innocent anymore, not after finding my brothers stack of magazines when I was twelve. So after still having ‘those’ pictures in my head, I think I could handle a bare stomach shoving.

I turned my head away and blushed when he caught me looking at him. There was a moment of silence and I heard him mumble something about being knocked down twice two days in a row. Ah please, don’t tell me I was the one that made him fall yesterday. I let out a shout when I remembered the gates, crap. I couldn’t be late.

I scrambled to my feet’s and glanced over at him. He had pulled his shirt down and was now dusting himself off while sitting on the ground. That’s when I saw the emblem. Shinil High School, he was attending the same school that I was and yet he seemed so unbothered by the fact that we were going to be late.

Without hesitating I grabbed his hand and I saw how he stared at me while I pulled him up on his legs. I know a normal person wouldn’t do that; a normal person would just leave the other one and run. But I was not like everyone else.

I started to run, with me still tightly holding on to his hand, but he wasn’t objecting. He fallowed through and clutched my hand tighter as we ran towards the gates. How far could it be left, hundred meters? My eyes were glued on the building rising before my eyes as we dashed inside the school area and I let out a sigh. How the heck could I almost miss the gates two days in a row?

“Uhm, you could let go of my hand now.” I jumped, a bit startled by the voice that appeared right next to me, and thus causing me to move my head to the side. “S-sorry.” I stuttered low as I slipped my hand out of his.

“I need to go.” He walked off, leaving me surprised and a bit taken aback. He was one weird guy. Crap, I didn’t even catch his name. But after putting one and one together I knew that the boy just now was the one that I bumped into yesterday, the ‘Ch – something’ guy.

I could hear how the doorbell rang in the distance and I blinked my eyes a few times before I ran off towards the main building. But once I stepped inside my homeroom people turned around to stare at me. “What, I just told him I was sorry for bumping into him.” I defended myself, though the reaction was nothing like I’d expected.

Their glares turned even harder and I gulped slightly. Why did it feel as if I hadn’t done the right thing with telling them?

I bit my lip as I went over to my chair and sat down. My shoulders sank as I let my bag meet the floor with a quiet thud. Some girls were still shooting daggers at me and I withdrew my gaze and set my eyes on the tree outside the window. Second day at school and it felt as if nothing was going to be okay. If it weren’t for my clumsy self then this wouldn’t have happened.

I put my hands over my ears to shield out all laughs, shouts and chattering. I wanted to enter my own world for a little while. Would it be too late to change school? Maybe I could start over again at a place where no one knew who I was.

Out of nowhere the loudness around me stopped and I glanced up at the person who precisely stepped inside the room. It was the ‘Ch – something’ guy and he was scanning the room before he was interrupted by a teacher.

“You came.” the teacher, our as I would I saw. My homeroom teacher spoke as he glanced at the boy standing before me. Thinking about it, he was rather cute and with baby cheeks, though he looked a bit shy, a shy boy with a hot body. I snickered at my own thoughts. Something that caught the attention of everyone in the room and I cleared my throat.

“Sorry.” I beamed and watched how the teacher said something to the guy. I was guessing that he wanted the said guy to introduce himself. I was right, because in the next moment he introduced himself as Choi Jonghyun, something that caught me off guard. Wasn’t his name ‘Ch – something’? Hm, maybe I’d been wrong. This guy was maybe not the one I bumped into after all.    

Either how, I’d been so into my own thoughts that I hadn’t listen to the rest of what he said. But I did snap up something about dancing, so that’s where he got his body. I smiled goofily but blushed directly when I noticed that he gave me a glance.

“Jonghyun sshi you can take the seat behind Kim Sari, Sari sshi please raise your hand.” my eyes were glued to this Jonghyun guy as he made his way to his bench. A seat that was located two benches away and on the row on my right. I’d got lucky, because I got the seat next to the window furthest back.

“Let’s start class.” The teacher stated as he brought forward the books needed. But I didn’t pick up my books because I couldn’t snap my gaze away from Jonghyun. God, I didn’t know the guy yet he had already put me under a spell. No, I was not in-love; my heart was not beating like some crazy fan girl spazzing over an idol.

I was just fascinated over that he radiated some kind of coolness despite that he looked so shy and reserved. It was definitely someone I needed to keep my eye on.