Eleventh Chapter

Flawless Tears

School was back to normal again, boring as usual. Jonghyun wasn’t there today either. Honestly I was starting to really wonder where he was. Some days he would come to school like nothing happened, while other days he was simply not even there. But it was not like I could stalk him or anything. Gosh, I didn’t even know where he lived.

During breakfast yesterday Junsik had shoot hundreds of questions at me, at least it felt like that. He wanted to know everything about what I had been up to, if there was boys. Then he wondered whether someone had done anything towards me.

I didn’t tell him about my stolen kiss, it’s not like Junsik could go and beat down the guy and force back my first kiss. It’s already taken; my first kiss that I had reserved to my first love. And my first love was definitely not Byung Hun. Though, Junsik didn’t get to know more than that we only went to the cinema and that was it. Of course he wasn’t settled with that, but he had to.

The whole day yesterday I’d spent working and earning money. Each passing day I got closer and closer to my goal of five million won. It was only three more to go. I’d already reached up to two million won. So in three, maybe four weeks I’d have enough to restore the dance room into a real dance studio.

But after Saturday’s event I doubted Jonghyun a bit, didn’t he see me as a friend. Why wasn’t he the one that ran after me instead of Byung Hun? Maybe he didn’t feel the same about me as I did for him. Yes, I know. I’ve known him for two weeks and I’m already falling for him. But I love his shyness, yet he is so passionate with his dancing. Something you can really see in his eyes when he dance, the determination to do well.

He was the total opposite of me.

“Okay class, how’s the reading going? I already told you, but I’m saying this again, the book should be finished in one month’s time. So you have exactly one month left.” Our history teacher explained and I mouthed out a low yes. To be honest, I hadn’t opened the book yet, neither less read anything. Maybe it was time to actually start so that I wouldn’t have to spend the last week rushing through it.

Suddenly the door slide open and Jonghyun stepped inside. I tilted my head to the side as I watched him bow to the teacher before turning to his seat. Finally he’s here after being absent the whole last week.

I saw how some of the girls turned their heads and dreamingly stared at Jonghyun. I don’t know, but my heart felt weird at that moment. As if someone was squeezing and hitting it. I shifted my head to the side and gazed out through the window before I entered my day dream.

“Yeon Ah sshi.” Huh, I snapped out of my dreams, too fast since my hand that was placed under my chin disappeared and my cheek smashed against the bench. I yelped low before I raised my head and eagerly started to rub the spot as I glanced at the teacher. Honestly, he didn’t look too happy about me not keeping attention. Well, his class was boring so I wondered why no one else either fell asleep or dreamed themselves away.

“Keep attention or get out” He roared and I bit my lip as I nodded my head. I didn’t want to be sent out of the room. Thinking about it, I don’t believe I’ve ever been sent out during a lesson, wah, this truly shows that thinking about boys really mess with your head.

I tried to keep myself alert and listen to him, but it was hard. And my eyelids were heavy. Carefully I tried to shield my face with my book before I laid my head down and closed my eyes. Just a little while, he won’t notice.

Right, not really. I woke up startled by a male voice screaming his head off. I blinked my eyes rapidly as I looked up. The teacher was standing just before me and he looked pissed. I even think that would be an understatement. I weakly smiled up at him, something that seemed to piss him of even further.

“Get out, now.” He yelled and pointed at the door. Stupid me, I shouldn’t have fallen asleep. But it was already too late to think about that now. Done is done. Nothing you can do about it. I reached after my bag and slide the book down before I quickly shot Jonghyun a glance; he was staring right at me. I looked down and then left. Where was I supposed to go now? It was an hour left before the lunch would begin.

‘I know.’ I smiled for myself and proceeded towards the dance room. At least I wouldn’t have to spend the next hour in the hallway. After pushing the door open I stepped inside. The air was a bit musty so I went over and creaked open the newly put in window. It was new and was definitely not going to break.

I let the wind sweep over me as I breathed in the fresh air. In an instant the room felt easier to be in and I let my bag meet the floor in a thud. I glanced over towards the mirror before I started to dance around. I was definitely not as good as Jonghyun was so it felt rather awkward to see myself dancing. At one point it looked so funny that I began to laugh. After a while I out on a determent look and decided that I would try some of the moves Jonghyun had done. There was no wonder Jonghyun thought dancing was fun, because it truly was.

Though I completely stopped in my actions when I heard the door open and I bit my bottom lip when I saw Jonghyun entering. Wasn’t he supposed to be in class? Maybe it already had ended.

“W-what are you doing here?” I stuttered out as I felt how heat rose to my cheeks and I blushed; please don’t tell me he saw my lousy attempt to dance. “I’m usually here during break.” He replied and I let out a low ‘oh’.

“You know, if you put more power and confidence into your dance it would look really good.” He began to explain, but after he finished I hurriedly replied that my dancing and that I never would be as good as him. “Don’t say that.” he shot back at me and I shifted my gaze away from his while feeling how my heart thumped hard against my ribcage.

“I should go so you can practice in peace.” I began to walk towards the door without looking at him, but as I was about to walk past him I felt how he grasped my wrist and pulled me back. My heart beats increased massively and my eyes widened when he told me to stay. I glanced up at him, my eyes piercing into his, I just stared at him. My capability to speak seemed to have vanished completely and I found myself nod once before he let go and I went to sit next to the wall.

He slipped his blazer off, leaving him with just a shirt as he started the music, the loud beats was pumping out through the speakers as he began to dance. His body was moving around with such ease that it looked like he did this one a daily basis. It was if he was born to dance. I watched in awe when he broke out in some sort of free style dance. My eyes never left him and I was mesmerized.

“You really should be an artist.” I blurted and he immediately came to a stop and he turned his head towards me. Did I say something wrong? There was a second of awkward silence and we just stared at each other. “I’m not that good.” He stated as I jumped up on my feet’s. “Are you kidding me.” I circled around him, inspecting him from top to toe.

“Nice body, handsome in a cute way and can dance like a god.” I murmured out, my eyes widened and I clasped a hand over my mouth when I realized that I’d said that out loud. Heat immediately rushed to my cheeks and I buried my head in my hands. How could I embarrass myself like that.

There was a moment of silence before I heard how he let out a low laugh, great now he’s going to make fun of me. But he didn’t, instead I could feel something warm brush against my hands before they were grasped and pulled away from my face. I let my eyes wander upwards and I stared right at him. My gaze shifted down to his lips before I looked up and into his eyes. My heart was beating frenetically because of the closeness.

I had to tell myself not to do anything stupid.

“I, ehm, my hyungs want to see you again.” I heard how he had a slight problem with telling me, but that was of my least concern right now. If his hyungs wanted to meet me again, then that meant that I would have to see Byung Hun.

It felt as if my head was going to explode and I wanted to decline right away. But there was something with Jonghyun’s expression that told me that I couldn’t say no. So I didn’t, I told him that it was okay. Of course I knew I probably would regret it later, but at least it gave me one more chance to be around Jonghyun.