Seventeenth Chapter

Flawless Tears

He hadn’t replied to my text, I didn’t know anymore, did I have the right to be worried about him? Did I have the right to ask him such personal questions? My body was getting weaker and weaker each passing day. All this things were tearing on me, breaking me down. My heart was starting to turn numb. I couldn’t laugh anymore. Nothing could make me happy right now. Because I knew that the only one to break that curse didn’t want to know of me.

I was starting to give up. Today was the third day after that he’d injured himself. He wouldn’t come to school, or at least I don’t think so. He needed rest so that his foot would be okay again.

Though the only thing that had kept my thoughts from Jonghyun was work, I had turned into a complete workaholic now. It was the only thing that kept those thoughts away. The world around me had turned into a deep shade of gray and everything was dull. It was the same thing, over and over again, day after day.

It felt as if my life was totally pointless.

The bell rang in the distance and without further ado I scrambled to my feet’s and darted out of there. Right, the trip that was supposed to happen last Friday supposedly got canceled. It was something about that the school forgot to rent a bus or something as ridiculous as that. But I was glad. I wouldn’t have to face the people in my class.

Speaking of students, I needed to find out about that boy. How someone could just do something like that in school, it was weird and terrifying, what if he tried with someone else. But his appearance, it didn’t seem as if he was a freshman, he needed to be a junior or senior.

I began to lurk around the hallways, my eyes gazing around and inspecting every student that passed by. But why would someone even take the risk of someone inside school, especially if you attend the same school. It doesn’t make any sense. Maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me. Maybe he didn’t try to me just that he wanted to have some fun, thinking that I would play along. But I didn’t, which he noticed. Either how, what he did was wrong.

I abruptly came to a stop when I thought I saw the guy. Carefully I walked up to him. I wasn’t scared, because here, in front of everybody he wouldn’t do anything. “You.” I pointed at him when it came up to me that he indeed was the guy that had tried the funny business with me.

But instead of saying something along the lines with ‘sorry’ he grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer. A group of guys soon surrounded me and my eyes widened in surprise when the guy in front of me told everyone that I was his girlfriend. What the heck is he saying, I’m not his girlfriend. Why is everyone saying that, that I am their girlfriend, first Byung Hun and now this guy?

“Yah, let go.” I tried to wriggle myself out his grasp, but I winched in pain when he tightened his grip and I just let it go. It was no idea in even trying because he was not going to let go. And I simply didn’t have enough energy to put up a fight.

Out of nowhere loud screech could be heard from the female students and I turned my head around, only to stare into the eyes of Jonghyun. He was jumping on crutches as he made his way forward. Was his foot hurt so much that he needed to jump around on crutches?

It hurt so much inside, seeing Jonghyun like this. He didn’t look the slightest happy either, and I could somehow understand that because he couldn’t dance. He wouldn’t be able to perform for a while. That’s when I felt how that guy tugged on my hand and pulled me into his embrace. I wanted to cry, why did Jonghyun need to see this.

Hadn’t the guy hurt me enough already. I couldn’t take my eyes off of Jonghyun as he made his way past me and headed down the hallway with girls fallowing every step he took. Why couldn’t I do the same? Stay by his side and tell him that everything was going to be okay.

“Come on, we have some unfinished business to take care of.” I snapped my head around and I glared at the boy. What did he mean, that he would continue with trying to molest me? “Let go of me.” I ranted over and over again before I felt a hand clasp itself over my mouth. My cries only escaped as muffles, muffles that no one would be able to hear.

I felt how I was being dragged away, away from all means of safety and people. I was starting to panic and my fears didn’t ease when I was being pushed inside a room. It didn’t take many seconds before I realized that it was the dance room. No, please just not in here. Not where I had so many memories together with Jonghyun. I would never be able to take a step inside this room ever again if he tried to do something to me.

He would scare me for life.

“P-please don’t do this.” I stuttered out as I pressed my body against one of the walls. I was begging him to not do anything. Something he just brushed off with a snicker. “How can you even do something like this?” I questioned him as he started to make his way over to where I was standing.

“Well, it’s fun.” He smirked and I shivered when his hand came in contact with my cheek, I turned my head away from his touch. But my efforts didn’t pay off and he inched my head back before he pressed his lips against mine. Immediately tears began to build up and before I knew it, tears were rolling down my cheeks as I punched his chest.

He only responded with biting my lip, but even though it hurt, I would never part my lips to yell out my pain. Because I more than knew what he would do then. My blood froze when I felt one of his hands gracing my thigh and I immediately tried to peer it away. I would never allow him to take my ity. I would rather die.

Something I also wanted to do when the door was suddenly slung open, and in jumped a confused Jonghyun who stopped in his tracks and just stared at us. He must’ve seen my tears because his facial features changed drastically from being confused to angry.

“What are you doing?” I don’t think the boy that was kissing me had noticed Jonghyun because he jumped startled when Jonghyun spoke. I freed myself from him, only to collapse onto the floor when my legs gave away. Pain was striking every part of my body, especially my heart and I watched in fear when the boy strode up to Jonghyun and glared at him. “Don’t hurt Jonghyun.” I mouthed out before everything around me turned into complete darkness.