Twelfth Chapter

Flawless Tears

The week had passed on and it was already Saturday. I had told Jonghyun that it was the only day I could meet them, since school and work took up a lot of my free time. Anyhow I’d been told to meet them outside a norebang in Hongdae; I didn’t know why they’d chosen a norebang though. Maybe so they could embarrass me.

But today I hadn’t dolled myself up as much as last week. I wore slimmed jeans a casual shirt and my jacket. I’d tied my hair up in a messy bun and the only make-up I wore was blusher and lip-gloss.

I had to take the subway in order to get to Hongdae, to be honest, I was still unfamiliar to most of my surroundings and when I stepped off the subway train I grew a bit scared. I was afraid that I would get lost. After fishing up my phone from my pocket I dialed Jonghyun’s number, a few seconds later his voice appeared on the other end and I asked him which way I was supposed to take.

“Take the west exit, then up the stairs. Once you are outside turn left and head down the road. After about hundred meters you’ll see a norebang sign.” He explained and I began to take the rout he was telling me. “But what if I miss the sign?” I asked and I heard his laughter echoing on the other end before he told me that they were standing so that they could see me coming and that I didn’t have to worry about walking too far.

“Okay.” I ended the call and preceded my journey. The streets were jammed with people trying to get everywhere. Well it was Saturday night so it was no wonder so many people were out and having fun. I stopped once I was standing just outside the norebang, it was the right one. I think.

I glanced around me; didn’t Jonghyun say that they were already here, but where? My eyes scanned the surroundings but I couldn’t see them anywhere. A strong wind brushed past and I shivered, I’ll wait inside. Right, once I stepped inside I was greeted by the six of them, all of them wearing the same; caps or beanies plus sunglasses. When were they going to stop wearing that? “Hello.” I bowed my head slightly before I straightened my back. I got a bit taken aback when Chang Hyun suddenly ran into my arms and tightly hugged me. I laughed; he was eager, as usual.

My eyes widened slightly when I saw how Byung Hun slapped Chang Hyun over the head, the latter boy sulked before stepping away. Something that made Byung Hun take a step forward and my heart thumped faster as I took a step back, away from him.

I turned my head to the side to see where Jonghyun was, once I saw him I walked up to him and slid my hand into his. My eyes travelled back to Byung Hun, he had a frown on his lips and his eyes were piercing into mine. I gulped as I bit my lip. He needs to understand that I’m not interested in him and that the kiss didn’t change my heart.

“Maybe we should get going.” My gaze shifted from Byung Hun to Min Soo and I nodded my head in approval. I wanted this awkward situation to end. “Let’s go.” Chang Hyun was already at the counter, motioning for us to come over as well. I smiled as I pulled Jonghyun with me over to the counter. Soon they all fallowed after and Min Soo told the person that they wanted to rent a room for three hours.

“It’ll be 40 000₩.” I started to search for money in my pocket, but Min Soo hurried to tell me that it was okay before he handed the money over to the person. After that we headed up the stairs and entered a room. It was not that big, though not too small either. It was just the right amount of space to fit seven people.

“So, who want to start?” I immediately shut my mouth. I didn’t want to start, if I were to choose I would rather not sing at all. “I want.” Chang Hyun passed by and grabbed one of the microphones before he started to search for a song to sing. I let myself sink down on the couch next to Jonghyun, our hands were still holding onto one another.

Chang Hyun began to sing a song that was totally unfamiliar to me, well I didn’t listen to Korean music so it was no wonder. Out of nowhere my eyes left Chang Hyun and I gazed at Byung Hun. His eyes were directed at me and I don’t know why, but he looked pissed. I hastily stood up and my hand slipped out of Jonghyun’s as I asked them if they wanted any snacks. I listened to them as they told me what they wanted, and with that I left.

I let out a loud sigh as I leaned my body against the wall. My heart was thumping like crazy and I had to tell myself to calm down. Something that was rather hard. It was not every day you were surrounded by six handsome guys. I pushed myself of the wall and was about to head down and get the snacks when I heard how the door to our room was opened.

My eyes widened and I took a step back when Byung Hun stepped out. I turned around and started to head towards the stairs, but I stopped when he called my name. Why did I do that, walk and don’t stop. I felt how he grasped my left hand and began to pull me along. Panic set in and I tried to free myself. But instead of letting go he snickered and pushed me inside a toilet before he too stepped in and locked the door behind.

“W-what are you doing?” I questioned him as I stepped backwards until I felt how my back hit the wall. “That’s something I should ask you.” his lips twitched and my heart jumped when he took a step closer. I looked down on the floor while I asked him what he meant by that.

“Why are you still clinging onto Jonghyun?” his tone was a bit threatening and I felt how my heart was hurting. I stared up and into his eyes, only to yelp when he suddenly grabbed my hand and pushed me up against the wall. “I think you already know why.” I shot back, something that seemed to be a bad move because he let out a low snicker before leaning in. I turned my head to the side, away from him.

“Do you think I’ll let go of you that easily, and besides, he doesn’t like you the way you like him.” my heart cracked slightly at his statement. He was lying, Jonghyun liked me, right? Seconds passed by and I began to doubt myself. Jonghyun hadn’t come after me last week when Byung Hun did. And moreover, he didn’t seem to care about Byung Hun and his tries to get me.

Maybe I’d been wrong. Maybe I’d foolishly thought that he liked me back. But the more I thought about it, the more it seemed as if Byung Hun was telling the truth. I felt like crying and my heart was as if it was about to burst. I’d already fallen in love with Jonghyun.

I didn’t care the slightest when I felt Byung Hun’s lips pressing against mine. I didn’t feel like pushing him away. My heart was already broken, so it didn’t matter anymore. Once he leaned away I felt how his hand slipped into mine.

“Be my girlfriend.” He uttered and my eyes widened ever so slightly, I don’t know what got into me but I found myself nodding. I accepted it.