Ninth Chapter

Flawless Tears

Yesterday when the boys were done and were about to leave Jonghyun asked me if he could get my phone number. Honestly, I had hesitated a bit at first; I barely knew him and what if he was up to something else. But then again, he was so innocent that I’d lastly given him it. Something I never would’ve done if it was Byung Hun asking. That boy only seemed to have one thing in mind.

Of course me handing over my phone number to him had caused Byung Hun to frown. Only a blind person wouldn’t see it. Serves him right, if he think he can just walk up to a girl and hit on her like he did to me. Then no thank you.

Even my dreams had been occupied with what the incident in the kitchen. At some points I just wanted to scream, though at some I just blushed, something that I’d also done when I was eating breakfast, because mom asked me why my cheeks were so red. Luckily Junsik hadn’t been around or else he surely would’ve asked if it was a boy.

So that’s how half of my Saturday went on, my thoughts pended between Jonghyun and Byung Hun. I was distracted for hours and I would drop things on the floor and it even came to a point when both dad and mom told me the stop and do something else for a while. I guess they must’ve thought I’d worked too much these past days.

Well I had to admit that it was a lot, but I couldn’t tell me that work wasn’t what bothered me, but two boys. One was already enough, but two.

“Yeon Ah you can rest for today.” my mother uttered as I stood behind the cashier and watching the clock tick on and on, it was a bit amazing how the day had passed on so quickly. It was already past 7PM. I nodded once before I headed back up to the apartment and a well earned shower. To shower after working so hard felt great.

“Yah, Yeon Ah hurry I need to shower as well.” my brother yelled as he banged his fist hard against the wooden door. “Oppa, you need to wait, it’s not like you have anything important to do besides sitting in front of your stupid computer.” I laughed back. It’s not the first time does this just, several times before had he told me that he was in a rush and needed to shower, when it in the end wasn’t like that. He only wanted me to stress.

“I have a date, so ing hurry before I smash the door open.” He roared and my heart jumped when I heard his fist slam ever harder against the fragile door. “Okay, okay I’ll hurry.” I replied as I cleaned the last of the shampoo out of my hair before I stepped out and wrapped a towel around myself.

After drying myself I changed into my pajama and unlocked the door, which was being slammed open before I got to react, and I was pushed out of there in a matter of second before the door violently closed behind me. “Okaay.” I dragged the sentence as I blinked my eyes, as if I hadn’t really understood what had just happened.

I decided to watch a re-run of a music show on TV. Honestly I wasn’t that much of a TV person; I liked to use my laptop more. It was more convenient and it was easy to use. So I would only watch TV once in a while.

There was a group of girls performing, all of them super pretty, unlike me. I had to admit, the song was catchy, though I had problems with understand it all. To be honest, I couldn’t understand how my Korean could be so bad. At some points, I even envied Junsik because his Korean was as good as perfect, almost flawless. While mine, let’s not talk about mine.

After watching a few more minutes it was a break and I decided to go and get my phone. I wanted to have it close just in case something happened or if someone needed to contact me, even though the latter one probably wouldn’t happen, but still.

Just as I was halfway to my room I heard how the music show started again and some sort of music was started. Announcing that someone named ‘Teen Top’ would have their comeback in two weeks. I didn’t bother running back to see who they were, seriously with so many groups debuting and coming back it wouldn’t be much of a difference if I missed one.

As I grabbed my phone and pressed the button I saw that I’d received on text message. I raised an eyebrow, who would text me and now, on a Saturday? Maybe it had been Junsik, maybe he thought I would bring it along inside the bathroom.

But I was wrong, it wasn’t Junsik. It was Jonghyun who’d sent me a text. Curiously I opened it and read through what he had written.

‘Do you want to go and see a movie?’

Awh, could that boy get any cuter. A smile formed on my lips as I thought that it wouldn’t hurt. It wasn’t like I had anything else to do. I began to text him back, telling him that I would love to and see a movie before I pressed send and the text vanished. Then there was another question running through my mind, what clothes should I wear? I began to search through my piles of clothes; I wanted to put on something nice, but still nothing too much.

I decided on a black pleated skirt that ended on my mid thigh, with that I would have a white chiffon blouse. It was nothing overly fancy. But good enough I guess. But before I would start dressing myself in that I put my hair into a bun and then wore my clothes. It fitted nicely and I smiled towards myself in the mirror.

My phone sounded and I reached out after it before I pressed open the newly received massage. He wondered if we could meet at the cinema that I knew wasn’t that far from here. Maybe he chose that one so that I wouldn’t have to walk home all too long. I replied him with that it was fine and that we could meet there in forty minutes times.  

I don’t know why but my heart immediately began to thump faster at the thought of seeing a movie together with Jonghyun. Oh please god, don’t chose a scary movie or else I’m going to scream all way through it.

There was a light knock on my door fallowed by the door being opened and thus revealing my brother. “Are you going somewhere?” he asked and I saw that his lip twitched ever so slightly, no, not this now. “No, I’m not going anywhere.” I said but of course he didn’t fall for it, because why else would I be dressed up like this.

“Don’t lie to me; I know you are going out. No boys okay.”

“Okay.” I lied and I saw that he eyed me suspiciously, as if he didn’t believe my words. Either how, he exited and just as the door closed I let out a loud sigh. That was close. What if he was going to fallow after me? No, he wouldn’t do that.

I pushed that matter away when Jonghyun’s face showed before my eyes and I started to apply some make-up. Nothing much, I didn’t want it to seem like I’d dolled myself up just because of him. Ugh, who am I kidding, the only reason to why I’m putting this on is because of him.

After applying the make-up and inspecting myself in the mirror I did a thumps up, just like Min Soo had done. “Looks good.” I smiled before I grabbed my stuff and went out in the hallway. Should I use my high heels?

‘No, he will think you are weird.’ One voice told me while another one said that I should put them on. There was a brief second of deciding in my head and I went for it. It was not like he would be the first one to think I’m weird. So after sliding my feet’s into those 9cm heels I checked myself on more time. One would almost think that I was a different person, because I don’t think I ever have been this dressed up. Not that I can remember at least. But just as I was about to grab the door handle I heard Junsik’s voice behind me.

“No boys, right.” he muttered out and I hastily turned around to face him. His eyes widened when he saw me and I bit my bottom lip hard. “Please, just let me go. My friend is waiting.” I pleaded to him and I watched how his shoulders sank.

“Even if it was a boy I would meet, there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s not like you can forbid me to have a boyfriend for my whole life.” I explained myself and I saw how his mouth twitched and his eyes narrowed. Oh god, I shouldn’t have said that. “So you are meeting a boy.” He sighed and I immediately told him no. I sold myself out at that moment, I had told him no too fast.

“I’m going to run.” I pointed at the door and rushed out of there with the voice of my brother yelling my name after me. On the way out I stopped by the restaurant and as I stepped inside my mother greeted me as if I was a guest. “Mom, it’s me, Yeon Ah.” I let out a low laugh and I saw that she looked at me baffled.

“Where are you going, to the blue house?” my mother joked and I smiled as I told her that I would go and watch a movie with a friend. “A boy?” she asked and I shifted my gaze away from hers, I think she understood by my action what I meant by that. “Have fun.” Okay, here I’m going to go out with a boy that they don’t even know and all my mother say is to have fun.

I bid goodbye and told her to say goodnight to dad as well since I weren’t too sure of when I was going to be home. “Yeh, yeh.” She hushed me out of there and closed the door behind as I stepped out on the street.

I guess I’ll go then, I clutched my shoulder bag tighter towards my body as I walked down the street. Luckily I wouldn’t need to go that far; it was only a five minute walk. It depended on how fast or slow you walked. Once I was just about fifty, hundred meters away I caught sight of a group with caps and glasses on. I remembered that Jonghyun told me that he would wear that. But the problem was, Jonghyun was one person. Not six.

But as I got closer I understood. It was not only Jonghyun standing there waiting. His friends were as well. ‘Don’t tell me they are fallowing as well.’ I thought as my eyes gazed at Byung Hun and I groaned silently.