Second Chapter

Flawless Tears

I dragged my feet’s as I walked home, today had been a total pain in the , and all that because I bumped into some guy. It wasn’t like I hadn’t said sorry, okay I knew it hadn’t been in the most polite way. But I had been in a hurry.

Either how, no one seemed to care about that, because during the whole day practically all the girls had been glaring at me. Getting friends was maybe not going to be so easy after all. I sighed loudly and my shoulders sank as I entered our restaurant. I slumped down on a chair in front of the cashier and let my bag hit the floor beneath. After placing my head down I drifted off into my thoughts.

Should I go and apologize to him? Does he even go to my school, crap I can’t even remember his name. Wait, it was something with ‘Ch’ in the beginning. I mouthed our every name I possible could that started with ‘Ch’ but nothing seemed to be right. Ugh, screw that now. It’s not like I won’t ever hear his name ever again. God the girls in my class had ranted his name over and over all day long. Wait, that probably meant that he was going to my school after all.

“Yeon Ah.” My deep thoughts were briskly interrupted by my mother who patted my head and asked me if something was wrong. “No.” I muttered into the wooden table as I fidgeted with the end of my skirt. “It is horrible.” I pouted before I slide off the chair and proceeded towards my room. I wanted to be alone in my misery.

Once I opened the apartment door the familiar scent of my father’s cooking entered my nostrils, and the fact that I hadn’t eaten anything today made my stomach growl. I phased over to the kitchen and sat down on a chair as I waited for my dad to acknowledge my presence. Something that he soon also did when he turned around, I laughed slightly when he dramatically put his hand over the chest and told me that I shouldn’t pop up like that.

“Sorry.” I beamed as I wriggled my mouth. I was still feeling down about what had happened during school. If I apologize to him then maybe the girls would stop being so mean. It wasn’t like I had done it on purpose. “Is something wrong?” I heard how he changed his playful tone into a more serious one as he sat down on the chair in front of me.

“Mm, something happened at school and now it feels like everyone hates me.” I stared at the table disappointed. Who would’ve known that my first day would turn out into a disaster? “Do you know what I think; I think they are just jealous over your beauty.” This is why I never speak to my parents about my problems, they simply just don’t understand.

I decided to put this to the side, and instead asked him what he was preparing as I went over to the pot that was boiling on the stove. “Ddeokbokki.” He replied and I weakly smiled as I pulled out a pair of chopsticks before I started to eat right out of the pot. I loved my father’s homemade ddeokbokki since it was a bit spicier than the ones on the street.

After filling myself up I went in to my room and locked behind me as I slumped down on my bed. If the rest of my three years in high school was supposed to be like this, then I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle it.

My body fell back down on the mattress and I closed my eyes, it was easier to think like that. I needed to come up with a plan on what to do. I truly needed to apologize, but first I needed to know which school this guy attended.

I snapped my eyes open as the door was slammed shut; I scrambled to my feet’s and dashed out into the living room area. Indeed, it was my older brother and he was definitely not looking happy. “Did something happen?” I asked as I slumped down on the couch next to him and fixed my gaze at the television.

“Not really, just a crappy school day.” He murmured and I found myself telling him what had happened to me. I know, some may find it weird to tell ones older brother about it, but Junsik and I were best friends. Of course it was some things I didn’t tell him about. Like if there was a boy I liked, but I had a reason to not tell him.

Because four years ago I had a crush on this boy, he was really funny, cute and really nice to be around. And I told Junsik about him, something that I later found out to be a bad mistake. So the fallowing day that boy didn’t want to be with me anymore. He pulled away and I couldn’t understand what I’d done wrong. Until he told me that my brother had threatened to break his neck if he broke my heart.

Yeah, after that I never told my brother about my crushes, though lately I haven’t had any specific person that I liked, mainly because I was afraid that Junsik would find out. “I guess we both had a crappy day.” Junsik laughed and I slapped his arm.

“I’m going to take shower.” I slipped away and went to take a shower, definitely one that was longer than the one this morning. “Wait, what’s for dinner?” My brother yelled after me and I told him about the ddeokbokki. Hopefully he would leave some, but knowing his apatite I weren’t counting on it.  

After undressing myself and putting my uniform safely to the side I entered the shower and let the warm water soak my body. I let out a long and deep sigh as I started to clean myself. In the distance I could hear something slam against the floor. I snickered as I heard low cursing escaping Junsik’s lips. What was he doing?

Half an hour later I stepped outside the bathroom in my pajama as I strode over to the kitchen, it didn’t take many seconds before I understood what had happened. He had dropped the pot down on the floor and all my ddeokbokki was gone.

“Junsik I’m going to kill you?” I shouted as I stamped over towards his bedroom with a huge frown on my lips. Here I was looking forward to eat some ddeokbokki before going to bed. But now I couldn’t. I began to slam my fists against his door, but the only thing I got in reply was a ‘sorry, playing starcraft.’ “JUNSIK.” I yelled as I started to kick the door with my feet’s.

“GO AWAY.”

Urgh, I’ll make him pay tomorrow. With a last kick I stomped back to the kitchen and brought out a package of instant noodles. I didn’t feel like making anything advanced since I was rather tired and wanted to hit the bed as soon as possible.

As I was boiling my noodles I could hear how the door was opened and two loud voices entered. It weren’t that hard to tell that it was my parents. “Oh, are you still awake.” my mother smiled tiredly at me before she asked what I was making. “Noodles, I’m hungry.” I pouted as I went to stir them, I hated when the noodles stuck to each other.

“Ah honey, why didn’t you come down to us.” my mother complained. Well I had my reason to not do so. I didn’t want to listen to my mom’s questions about what was wrong, if I had boy problems and her talk about food. I’ve lived with it for almost sixteen years and it was driving me insane.

“Mom, it’s okay.” I reassured her.

“Okay then, dad and I will go to bed.” She said before bending forward and kissing my cheek goodnight. “Night.” I beamed and as soon as she was gone I put the pot down on the table and started to fill my stomach, noodles, so simple yet so awesomely tasty. After filling my tummy to its limit I returned to my bedroom and lay down on my bed.

I couldn’t deny or hide that I was worried about tomorrow. I truly needed to find that guy so I could apologize. Hopefully everything would die down then and the gossiping would end.

~~

I know, it's boring. Hopefully it'll get better soon =)