“Mona, just shut up and kiss me.”

Die of Embarrassment

“Open it.” Mona urged Intae.

Intae looked at the envelope in his hand like it was his worst nightmare, and shook his head, his face one of horror. “No, I’m scared.”

Mona scoffed incredulously. “C’mon oppa! The contents of that letter won’t kill you.”

“No, but it might just ruin the rest of my life! And that’s even worse than killing!”

Mona growled in frustration at him, before she made her way over to Daniel. “Have you opened your letter?”

Daniel grinned at her and nodded his head. “I passed! Mona, I passed! I’m going to graduate!”

Mona’s face broke into a smile and she gave him a big hug. “Congratulations! Oh dude, I’m so proud of you!”

“Thanks! Lia just said the same thing!” Daniel said cheerfully. “What about you?”

“I’m waiting for Simon oppa. He’s still inside.” Mona said, sounding nervous. “Do you think he made it?”

“I wouldn’t worry about him. If I were you, I’d worry about my own result.” Daniel teased.

Mona frowned at him. “What’s that supposed to mean? Yah! Are you implying that I might not pass? What do you think I am, stupid?”

“I don't think, I know.” Daniel said jokingly before he received a sound slap at the back of his head. “Ow! What was that for?”

“For being a jerk! Ok, I’m gonna go wait for Simon oppa.” Mona said before walking away. She paced in front of the Dean’s office anxiously, wondering what on Earth they could be talking about. The weather or football? She knew Simon was capable of talking extensively about either of those topics, and she blew at her bangs impatiently. When was he going to come out?

Not a second later, the doorknob was twisted and out walked Simon, the dreaded piece of letter in his grasp. Mona looked up and quickly made her way towards him, her face reflecting the anxiety she felt.

“Oppa! What took you so long? What were you guys talking about?” Mona asked nervously.

Simon shrugged, his eyes staring at the envelope in his hand. “Nothing much. Babe, you opened yours yet?”

Mona waved her letter in front of his face, and shook her head. “I haven’t. I’m scared...”

“Let’s open them...” Simon urged.

Mona bit her lower lip, her palms beginning to sweat. She was terrified, for both herself and him. She wasn’t the best, nor was she the smartest student to ever step into the university. But she had been getting by, hopefully this time, she got by enough to pass. She didn't want to fail. She didn't want to repeat another year. She wanted to start her internship at the hospital, and she wanted Simon to be with her. She gazed at him. He wouldn’t fail would he? Yes, that time he had almost failed, but he managed to bring his grades back up... He wouldn’t fail now. It wasn’t possible, was it?

“Oppa, let’s go to the coffee shop and open. No one would be there at this hour.” Mona said before grabbing his hand.

Simon drove to the coffee shop, neither one of them speaking, both lost in their own thoughts. The letters were strewn on Mona’s lap, and Simon glanced at his. Why was he so worried? He wouldn’t fail would he? He has never failed a subject in his entire life, even his worse ones he managed to pass. But that last paper... He didn't really study much for it, so lost was he in his thoughts about Mona. A smile played on his lips as he thought of the surprise he had in store for her. She would be genuinely surprised... he hoped. Well, whatever reaction she’ll have, one thing he knew for sure, she would be very happy...

“Ok, you ready?” Simon asked once they were seated at their usual corner, near the window.

Mona fidgeted in her seat. “Shouldn’t we like, wait for our coffee first or something?”

“Baby...” Simon said softly, reaching over to caress her cheek. “Are you that scared?”

“What if we fail oppa?”

“We’re not going to.” Simon replied firmly.

Mona took a deep breath, before taking hold of her letter. She nodded her head at him and slowly tore the side open, revealing the piece of paper inside. She took it out, just as Simon took out his and their eyes met.

Not tearing their eyes off of each other, with trembling hands, they flipped the paper open. Mona quickly looked down before looking back up again, waiting for Simon to look up from his paper. She tried not to show it, but the obvious relief on her face was enough to give her away. She had passed... It was still just average, but it was good enough. She cleared .

“Oppa, how did you do?”

Simon exhaled sharply, and shook his head, staring down at the table. “I...”

“Oppa! Oppa, don't tell me... you... failed?” Mona said, her face panic stricken. No, that’s just not possible!

Simon sighed, before handing his paper over to her. “You look.”

Mona snatched the sheet from his hand and scanned through his result, before she focused her eyes on him again. “Oppa! Don't do that! You scared me!”

Simon’s face broke into a smile and he reached for her hand, squeezing it gently. “I passed! Baby, I passed!”

“You didn't just pass! You got first class!” Mona grinned excitedly. “Oh my goodness oppa! I’m so happy for you!”

“Aww, thanks baby. What about you?” Simon asked.

“I passed too! Looks like we’ll get that internship after summer.” Mona said as she leaned back in her seat with a wide smile. “Ahh... I’m so happy right now...”

Simon stood up from his seat opposite her and slid into the one next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer to him. “Well, if you’re that happy...”

“What, oppa?”

“Kiss me.” Simon whispered into her ear. “Kiss me, like you kiss me in your room. Kiss me, like you kiss me in the car. Kiss me, like you kiss me when we’re alone...”

Mona looked at him in surprise. “Oppa, we’re in public.”

“Mona, just shut up and kiss me.” Simon said with a raise of his eyebrow.

Mona giggled before gladly crashing her lips on his, the taste of them sending her to heaven and back. She was so happy right now she might as well be floating on cloud nine. She smiled against his lips, and pulled apart when she felt a laughter coming on. She buried her face in the crook of his neck and breathed in his scent.

“Sorry oppa, I’m so happy right now, I feel like laughing every second.” She mumbled against his skin.

Simon chuckled, his hand her soft hair. “Babo... and I was having such a good time with your lips too.”

“Later... When we’re alone.” Mona smirked at him. “So, the dreaded part of the day has come and gone. What should we do now?”

“Junho?”

Simon literally jumped in his seat and hastily shifted his body so he could turn around and see who had called him. He got the shock of his life when he saw his father staring down at him, his face stern. He was well aware that his father was the reason of their breakup a while ago, having heard it from Mona herself. He wasn’t angry, he knew his father meant well, but he had no right to interfere with his love life. Mona was the very air he breathed, and if anyone was to take her away from him, he was as good as dead...

Mona quickly detached herself from Simon, and braced herself for the worst. She still remembered what she had promised him two years ago. She wouldn’t get involved with Simon until after graduation. But then again, they both had passed their final exam and would be graduating soon, wouldn’t it be ok now? Why would she still be scared?

“Appa! What are you doing here?” Simon asked, standing up.

“It’s a coffee shop. I’m here to get some coffee.” His father briskly replied. He turned his eyes towards Mona. “What are you doing here Mona sshi?”

Mona swallowed the lump in . “I uhh... I was just... uhh...”

Simon stepped in. “Appa, stop it. It was wrong of you to ask her to break up with me. I wasn’t failing because of her...”

“No?” His father said as he raised his eyebrow.

“Besides, you can’t keep us apart anymore. We passed our final exam. We’re going to graduate next week.” Simon continued.

His father’s stern face relaxed into a smile. “Junho yah, are you serious? Mona, is that true?”

“Yes sir.” Mona replied, flashing him a small smile as Simon grabbed hold of her hand.

“Well that’s great!” The father exclaimed happily. “In that case, please don't let me stop you. Go on with your date. Junho, if you plan on getting married to her, please tell me in advance so I could clear my schedule for the day.”

Simon grinned at his father and nodded his head. “Will do appa. Don't worry, you and okasaan will be the first to know.”

“Phew...” Mona said once his father walked away. “That was... unexpected.”

Simon laughed as he placed a kiss on her cheek. “I think... he just gave us his blessings.”

“Good.” Mona said before she turned to look at him. “Let’s go home now. I’m tired already...”

“But the others are coming.” Simon replied.

“Coming where? Here?”

“Yeah, Daniel’s bringing Lia, and Intae hyung said he’s bringing that girl with him.” Simon shrugged.

Mona’s eyes lit up. “You mean Jo? Seriously? Are they dating now?”

“Don't know. He didn't say. Oh wait, there they are.” Simon said before waving at them, motioning for them to come over.

“Hey!” Mona greeted, her eyes on the smiling face of Intae. “Oppa, judging by that look on your face, I assumed you passed.”

“I did! Barely, but I still did it!” Intae grinned. “Oh, before I forget, this is Jo.” Intae said to the rest, introducing the girl who was standing shyly beside him. “She’s my...”

“Hyung!” Daniel interrupted excitedly. “You finally got yourself a girlfriend! I am so happy for you!”

“Yah!” Intae said loudly, drowning Daniel’s voice while Jo flushed crimson, having heard what Daniel just said. “It’s not like that! She’s just...”

“Oppa! You guys have known each other for two years now! You don't have to hide it from us.” JiEun gushed happily.

“Yeah! I can’t believe it took you this long to introduce her to us. It’s nice to finally meet you Jo unnie.” Mona said with a smile.

“It’s nice to meet you. Intae oppa has said a lot of stuff about you, and everyone of course.” Jo replied, her eyes twinkling merrily.

“Even her voice is beautiful!” Youngwon exclaimed. “Hyung, you gotta marry her. You’re not turning any younger!”

“Ok, I have a suggestion. Why don't we all get married after graduation?” Jeesu suggested.

“I’m in.” Simon grinned. “You guys already know how much I want to marry Mona.”

“Oppa!” Mona blushed.

EunJi looked at Jeesu in surprise. “Wait a minute, you want to marry me?”

Jeesu looked back at her. “You don't want to marry me?”

“Lia, you don't want to marry Daniel right? He’s sloppy, he’s cheesy, and he’s just downright greasy.” Intae asked.

“Hey! I am not greasy! And even if I am, so what? Lia likes it! Don’t you baby?” Daniel smirked at Lia.

“Ahh oppa, let’s discuss this later.” Lia said shyly. “Mona unnie, when are you guys going to get married?”

“Well, no one popped the question yet. And who says I want to get married anyway? I’m still so young!”

“She’s just bluffing Lia. She wants to marry me. I mean, c’mon. who wouldn’t want to marry such a hot stud like me?” Simon bragged.

Mona slapped his chest lightly. “If it wasn’t me, no one else would want you.”

“Ahh... I wouldn’t be so sure about that. See that waitress over there, she stares at me every time we come here.”

“Hyung, stop being a head!” Daniel exclaimed.

“It’s ok Daniel. If he keeps being one, I’ll just leave him.” Mona grinned.

“Hey! You wouldn’t dare!” Simon said, staring in horror at her.

“You guys are so cute together!” Jo said with a laugh. “All I’ve done with Intae oppa is feed him.”

“Unnie, you can’t blame him. I heard you’re a good cook, and Intae oppa is a big eater.” JiEun grinned.

“Yes! Goodness, she makes the best cheesecake ever. Jo, you’ll have to cook for them someday.” Intae said in excitement.

“Ok guys. Mona and I have somewhere to go right now...”

“What? No, we don’t.”

“Just play along baby. I need you to myself now...” Simon leaned in to whisper.

Mona giggled. “Ok guys, we have to go. Jo unnie, it was nice to meet you. I’ll see all of you later!”

They were walking hand in hand towards the car, when her phone suddenly rang. She fished it from her pocket, and glanced at the caller ID. It was an unknown number. She furrowed her brow before picking up.

“Hello?”

“Hey Mona...”

The hand holding the phone trembled and she bit her bottom lip hard before replying. “Dari oppa?” 

 


 

Chapter Posted on: Jul. 20. 2012

Ahhh! So sorry for this late update!!!! I am truly truly sorry! I've had a lot of stuff going on lately. But no worries, I do intend on finishing this story. in fact, it's almost done. =) Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!!! Please do read and comment! =D