“And I was so looking forward to your lips...”

Die of Embarrassment

 

“Hey, has anyone heard from Mona?” Simon asked worriedly.

The others looked up in surprise before greeting him. “Hyung, when did you get back?”

“How did you get here?”

Simon narrowed his eyes at Daniel, who had the tendency to flinch under his glare. “I took a cab because someone wrecked my car.”

“Ahh... Let me explain...”

“No need. Where’s Mona? Why can’t I contact her?” Simon asked again, more urgently this time.

Jeesu shrugged and returned to the drink in front of him. “It’s normal for her to disappear sometimes...”

“Disappear?” Simon asked in panic. “Disappear where?”

“Relax Simon.” Intae said. “What he meant is that it’s normal for Mona to not contact us for a few days.”

“Why?”

“We have no idea. But she usually turns up fine after that...” Youngwon replied.

 Simon was not fully convinced. He had a feeling something happened to her. He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. He had gone back to Japan with his mother to attend a relative’s funeral for the week. They texted many times but towards the last few days, she, like Jeesu said, just disappeared. He was worried sick. What the hell happened to her? He had tried calling her as soon as he landed but there was no reply. It had gone straight to voicemail, a sign that she had turned off her phone.

“Ok, that’s it. I’m going to her place...” Simon said.

“How are you going to get there?” Daniel asked meekly, reminding him again that he has no transport.

“You know Daniel, you wrecked my car at the most inappropriate time.” Simon sighed.

“Sorry hyung! I told you I’ll pay for it!” Daniel replied with a sheepish grin. “Honestly though, it was worth it. I mean, at least I got the girl...”

“At the expense of my car!” Simon exclaimed. “Never mind, Intae hyung, let me borrow your car.”

Intae quickly shook his head. He finished his drink before standing up. “No way. Daniel wrecking your car is the exact reason why I never let anyone else drive mine. C’mon, I’ll send you there...”

“Fine, let’s go.” Simon said and walked out, Intae following closely behind.

“Will you please stop shaking your legs?” Intae cried out as he turned the corner. “It’s annoying!”

“Sorry.” Simon said. “Hyung, do you think she’s ok?”

“She’s fine, Simon! Stop worrying will you?” Intae said with a shake of his head. “I’m sure if she died, Dari would’ve told us.”

“Dari! Right, I should call him!” Simon said anxiously. He searched through his phone for the other man’s contact number and cursed under his breath when he found none. “Hyung, what’s his number?”

“I left my phone at home. Sorry.” Intae said, sounding far from it. “Chill Simon. We’re here already.”

As soon as the car came to a stop, Simon practically flew out the passenger side and headed towards Mona’s front door. Not bothering to even knock, he turned the doorknob and gasped in surprise when he found it unlock. Did something happen? Pushing it open, he hurriedly stepped inside and scanned the living room, fearing the worse. He breathed a sigh of relief when he found everything exactly as they were before making his way to the kitchen, hoping to find her. He frowned in puzzlement. Where was she? He ran upstairs to her bedroom and was relieved to find that she was fast asleep on her bed. Not a second later, a scowl made its way onto his handsome face when he noticed someone beside her. Grabbing the man by the collar, he dragged him out of Mona’s room and into the guest bedroom across the hall.

“What the hell man?” Simon said furiously.

“Huh... what?” Dari said as he rubbed his eyes groggily.

“I was gone for the week and you’re already sleeping with my girlfriend?” Simon barked at him.

“Sleeping? Whoa! Get your story straight before you accuse me of anything.” Dari said, glaring at Simon.

“What story is there? I came here and I found you in bed with my girlfriend! What the hell is going on?”

Dari smirked, trying to rile him up a little bit. No harm in playing with the other guy right? “A lot has been going on Simon.”

“What the hell do you mean by that?” Simon fumed.

“Oh you know... She was lonely. So she called me over. No big deal. We slept together a lot this week...” Dari said with a shrug.

In an instant, Simon had the other man’s collar in his grab, tightly twisting it, his face one of utter disgust. “Let me ask you again. What did you do with my girl?”

Dari removed his hand from his shirt and scowled. “Dude!”

“What did you do with her Dari?” Simon yelled, wishing he could punch his face till it was black and blue.

“Ok, I’m gonna go downstairs and make something for her to eat. Why don't you go in and ask her yourself?” Dari said, not bothering to argue any longer. He had done enough. It wasn’t in his place to tell though he would’ve loved rubbing it in Simon’s face for a while...

Simon watched with incredulity as the man walked away before he abruptly returned to Mona’s room. He leaned against the wall and watched as she slept, his mind reeling with questions. What was Dari doing here? What could they possibly do together? He didn't hate the man anymore, but it unnerved him when something like this happened. He wanted to be Mona’s one and only... and maybe he was, but he knew Dari came as a close second. Sighing, he sat at the foot of her bed and checked his watch. It was already past mid-day. Why was she still sleeping?

She stirred suddenly and Simon quickly stood up from the bed, giving her room to flip over. “Dari oppa...” She croaked out.

Simon stifled the gasp that threatened to escape his lips. The hoarse sound of her voice frightened him. His eyes flew to her face and noticed for the first time, how incredibly pale she was. He placed his palm on her forehead, and was shocked to find that she felt extremely hot. His brow creased with worry. She was sick and she didn't even tell him?

Mona’s eyes fluttered slowly open and took in Simon’s worried face. She her dry lips, suddenly feeling anxious. “Oppa...” She managed to say.

“Baby you’re sick.” Simon said softly. “Why didn't you tell me you were sick? Have you gone for a check-up? Should I take you now?”

Mona flashed a small smile and shook her head. “I’m fine. This always happens. I’ll be fine in a couple of days. I’m sorry I didn't tell you. You were in Japan and I didn't want you to worry...”

“Babo yah...” Simon whispered, his hand that was on her face trembling. “It’s my job to worry about you. I thought something really bad happened.”

“Oppa, can you not come here for a few days? I look horrible and I don't want you to see me like this.”

“Oh? But Dari can?”

“He’s used to it. Oppa, I’m serious.”

“So am I. I’m staying here and I’ll take care of you. Not Dari.” Simon said firmly. “Where’s your father anyway? Shouldn’t he be here?”

“Daddy’s in Busan with his partner. Some sort of investigation...” Mona shrugged. “Oppa, I’m really disgusting when I’m sick. I don't want you to see me like this. Please, just go...”

“That’s just silly. I love you for who you are and I don't care how disgusting or whatever you’re going to be. In sickness and in health remember?” Simon said with a smile.

“That’s a wedding vow. And we’re not even married...” Mona argued.

“It doesn’t matter. It’s applicable now.” Simon replied.

Mona sighed, knowing that there was no way she could get rid of him now. It was sweet that he wanted to stay by her, but she just hoped he could cope with it...

“How was the funeral?” She said finally.

Simon shrugged as he wrapped the blanket tighter around her. “Well, the man was ninety something. It was expected that he... moved on.”

Mona giggled softly. “That wasn’t very nice...”

“No...  You’re not very nice.” Simon said.

“What did I do?” Mona pouted.

“I come home after a week and I find that I can’t even kiss you.” Simon said disappointedly. “And I was so looking forward to your lips...”

“You can kiss me! If you don't mind the germs.” Mona said with a grin. “Although, I much prefer it if you don't.”

“Hey...” Dari said when he suddenly appeared a while later with a tray of food. “I made porridge for you...”

Mona groaned into the pillow. “No... Not porridge again! Can’t I eat something else? Can’t you buy me Chinese take-out or something?”

“I bought you that yesterday and you vomited it all out immediately remember?” Dari replied with a raise of his eyebrow. “Eat this. It has a secret ingredient that’ll make you feel better in no time.”

“Let me take that...” Simon said and proceeded to grab the tray from Dari.

Subsequently, Dari tightened his grip on the tray before narrowing his eyes at Simon. “I got this.”

“No. Let me do it. Let me feed her.” Simon countered. “You can go home. I’m sure you’re tired.”

“I’m not tired at all!” Dari said before placing the tray on the bedside table. “In fact, I think you should be the one going home. You just got back from Japan right? You must be jetlagged.”

“What jetlag? It’s the same time zone!” Simon exclaimed in annoyance. “Look Dari, I’m her boyfriend. I can take care of her.”

“I’ve been taking care of her for the past few days! So don’t you dare come in here acting like you know everything!” Dari retorted crossly.

“Guys...” Mona said weakly from the bed. She watched hopelessly as they argued, knowing how jealous they were of each other. She tried reaching for Simon’s arm but she was so tired she couldn't even move. A weary sigh escaped her lips. She couldn't understand what was really going on between the two. Why do they always have to fight all the time? Weren’t things fine between them?

“I may not know her as well as you do but she’s still my girlfriend! She’s my responsibility now so why don't you get the out?” Simon spat out in irritation.

“Simon oppa!” Mona said in shock.

“No Mona, I’ve had enough of this! When we fight, you run to him. When he calls you during our date, you talk to him for hours. And now when you’re sick, you still look for him! What the hell am I then?” Simon asked, his face red with anger. “A freaking lamp post?”

“Oppa...”

“Choose Mona.” Dari said, his voice so quiet Mona could barely hear him. “Choose between me and him.”

“Choose?” Mona said, her eyes widened with fear.

“Tell us, who will it be?” 



 

Chapter Posted on: Jul. 9. 2012

OMG! So sorry for this late update! I've been sooo busy! T_T But here it is at last! I hope you guys like it! It's the erm, ? LOL... Enjoy! Please don't forget to tell me what you think! Thanks guys! By the way, don't you just loooooooooove the poster???? Thanks a bunch to kawaiidoll!!!! ^^