“Love. You love me. But it’s ok, ‘coz I love you too.”

Die of Embarrassment

 

“You go talk to her.”

“Why me? You started the whole thing!”

“You called her a monkey!”

“You called her chicken! That’s even worse!”

Simon and Dari huffed angrily at each other. If glaring was murderous, they would’ve burnt holes in each other’s heads. Simon didn't know what happened. One moment they were all having a good time and the next, she was storming upstairs into her room, furious and upset with both him and Dari. He had to admit, he got on surprisingly well with Dari. At first, it was awkward. But Dari made an effort to actually like him, and Mona would kill him if he didn't do the same. They had one thing in common, their passion for music, and that was all they ever talked about. Well, at least there was something to talk about...

“Yah! You’re the boyfriend! So you go talk to her!”

“Oh, so now, I’m suddenly the boyfriend?” Simon asked incredulously.

“What are you talking about? You’re always the boyfriend.” Dari said before popping a piece of potato chip into his mouth. He stood up and wiped his hands on his pants. “Ok, I’ll go wait downstairs, you go inside and talk to her. Tell her, I’m sorry.”

Simon protested loudly but Dari was already on his way downstairs. Sighing, he knocked again on the door. Was it going to be another fruitless attempt?

“Baby... Open the door please.” Simon said.

“Go away! Just leave me alone!” Mona shouted from the other side.

“I’m not going to stop knocking until you come and open this door!” And he continued knocking. He knocked for almost 5 minutes, before the door finally flew open, Mona looking furiously at him.

He immediately smiled and stood up from his spot on the floor. He could see how much she wanted to slam the door in his face, and placed his foot in between just in time.

“Go away.” Mona said through gritted teeth.

“Nope. Not unless you let me apologize.” Simon grinned.

“You called me a monkey!”

“Your Dari oppa was worse! He called you a chicken! Do you see him apologizing?” Simon asked.

Mona blew at her bangs in irritation, finally stepping aside so Simon could come in. He smirked to himself. It was so easy. It had always been easy with Mona. He flashed her a y smile, and bam! She would forgive him in an instant. He rarely made her angry but whenever he does, a smile was all it took. And a few kisses here and there...

“I’m sorry.” Simon said softly as he grabbed her arm and pulled her into his embrace. “You know I didn't really mean it right?”

“I know... but Dari oppa was already calling me a chicken. I didn't expect you to call me something else.” Mona pouted.

“Aigoo... Miahn. I couldn't help myself.” Simon grinned apologetically. “Baby, I’m sorry...”

Mona looked away. She knew, if she looked straight into his eyes, her knees would buckle and she would forget why she was mad at him instantly. It wasn’t fair that he had such effect on her. How could she stay mad at him when he looked at her with that puppy eyed look? It was cute and y at the same time...

“Ahh... I can see you forgiving me already.” Simon smiled.

Mona rolled her eyes at him, and removed his arms from around her waist. “I never said I forgave you.”

“You don't have to. It’s written on your face.” Simon said with a smirk. “C’mon, do you really want to stay mad at me?”

Mona heaved a loud sigh before shaking her head, a hint of a smile on her lips. “I hate you, you know that?”

Simon raised his eyebrow at her. “No, you don't. You love me.”

Mona gulped. “L-love?”

“Yeah.” Simon nodded his head. “Love. You love me. But it’s ok, ‘coz I love you too.”

Mona beamed at him, her anger forgotten. “You... love me?”

“Yes I do. Don't you love me too?” Simon asked in slight confusion.

“Of course I love you!” Mona replied quickly, the blush creeping up her cheeks. “Wait a minute, you’re not saying this just to make me feel better are you?”

“No, I mean it. I do love you. And I’m pretty sure I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” Simon said with a smile.

Mona’s eyes brimmed with unshed happy tears and she buried her face in his chest, giggling to herself. He just told her he loved her! The feeling she was feeling was like no other, and it was incomparable. In her head, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and flowers were blooming happily for her. She would never forget this moment until she died...

“Oppa, that’s the first time you ever said something like this.” She breathed when she finally looked at up.

Simon cupped her chin lovingly before placing a kiss on her lips. “Well, it might be the first. But I assure you that it won’t the last. I love you...”

“I love you too...” Mona smiled at him.

“Shall we go back to the barbeque party downstairs?” Simon asked, holding his hand out for her.

Mona nodded her head in a daze and took his hand, allowing him to lead her downstairs and out the backyard where the others were busy eating.

“Finally!” Intae exclaimed, waving a piece of chicken at them. “I was beginning to think you guys left or something.”

“Hyung, you’re disgusting.” Daniel said. “Don't talk with your mouth full!”

“Mona, you’re ok?” Dari asked, making his way over, a sheepish smile on his face.

“Hmm? Oh yeah, definitely. I mean, why wouldn’t I be?” She said, still in shock from the previous revelation.

“You’re not mad at me?”

“Mad at you? Why in the world would I be mad at you? Did you do something wrong?”

Dari eyed her weirdly. “You ok? You look like you just went to heaven and back.”

Mona giggled loudly. “Do I? Maybe I have...”

Dari turned his head towards Simon, staring at him with accusing eyes. “What did you do to her?”

Simon smirked at the older man. “Do what? I didn't do anything.”

“She looks... crazy!”

“She is crazy. She’s crazy for me.” Simon replied simply.

“Aww hyung! Not another one of your cheesy talk!” Jeesu groaned. “Can’t you guys just sit here and enjoy the food... quietly?”

“Yeah, c’mon. Let’s go.” Mona said, pulling both the guys into the seat nearby. Simon immediately grabbed a plate and placed the salad the twins made earlier onto it before putting it in front of Mona, a smile on his face.

“Here you go.” He said. He saw Dari smirking at him, and focused his attention on him. “What?”

Dari shrugged before he copied Simon's movement, and placed another plate in front of Mona. Simon glanced at the two plates in front of her, aware that Dari’s plate had no corn in them.

“You should know that Mona doesn’t eat corn.”

“It’s ok.” Mona quickly said when she caught the look on Simon’s face. “It’s ok oppa. I’ll just push it to the side.”

Simon stood up and made his way over to Youngwon who was busy handling the grill. He took a beef burger and prepared a burger for Mona. Smiling, he made his way back to her and handed the burger to her. He saw from the corner of his eyes, Dari doing the same exact thing before he too, handed a burger to Mona.

“You should know Simon sshi, that Mona doesn’t eat beef burger. Also, she only likes pickles in it, with no mustard or mayonnaise.” Dari said with a smirk.

Simon growled under his breath, annoyed at the man. Yes, they could get along well, but sometimes he just gets on his nerves... “What do you mean she doesn’t eat beef burger?” Simon asked before he looked at Mona. “You don't eat beef? We went to the steakhouse and you ate beef just fine!”

“No, it’s not that...” Mona replied nervously. The others had fallen quiet and were now busily watching them with curious eyes. “It’s just that, I prefer chicken burger over beef. And I don't like a lot of vegetables in my burger...”

“Unbelievable.” Simon muttered before making his way into the house.

Mona glared at Dari who just grinned at her and followed Simon into the house. She found him in the kitchen, leaning against the counter, fuming in silent anger.

“Oppa...” She said cautiously.

“God, he knows so much about you it’s annoying!” Simon yelled.

“Of course he would know! We’ve known each other for 16 years oppa.” Mona pointed out. “C’mon, don't tell me you’re still jealous of Dari oppa...”

Simon sighed, burying his face in the palms of his hand in exasperation. “I just... How can I compete with that? He knows everything about you and I... know nothing.”

Mona grabbed his hand and smiled reassuringly at him. “I thought you were going to spend the rest of your life with me. You’ll have forever to learn...”

“What if I can’t remember everything like he does? You’ll always compare me with him...”

“Oppa, stop it. I’ll never do anything like that. Trust me. There’s no reason for you to feel threatened by him...” Mona whispered softly.

“Really?”

“There’s one thing you have that he doesn’t.” Mona said.

Simon raised his eyebrow at her. “What’s that?”

Mona placed his hand over her chest. “My heart. And I promise you, I’ll help you know everything about me...”

Simon placed a quick kiss on her lips before running his finger over her cheek lovingly. “In that case, I guess I shouldn’t be too worried then...”

“Hey, is everything alright?” Dari said from the doorway. He cleared his throat before making his way over.

Mona rolled her eyes at him, “Thanks a lot oppa.”

“You’re welcome.” Dari said with a grin. “But for what?”

“For being a Mona expert.” Mona replied. “Simon oppa’s upset because you know more about me than he does.”

“I am not upset!” Simon said. “I am just...”

“Why do you have to be upset? You have no reason to.” Dari pointed out. “Everything I said was for your own good.”

“My own good?” Simon raised his eyebrow.

“Yeah. Like I said once, if you want to hear, you listen. If you don’t, it’s entirely up to you.” Dari said with a shrug. “I’m not saying these stuff to make you upset. Ok, I might have shown off just a little bit, but you should know better than to be angry.”

“Wow...” Mona mockingly gushed at him. “Aren’t we insightful tonight? Since when do you say stuff like this?”

Dari chuckled. “I’m a wise man, Mona. I thought I’ve established that...” He said before turning his eyes back to Simon. “There is one thing you have over me when it comes to Mona.”

“What’s that?” Simon asked with difficulty. He didn't want to admit it, but Dari was right. He shouldn’t have gotten upset. What he said were all things about Mona and if he was to get to know her fully, he should start listening... The man was helping him out, but he had absolutely no idea why...

“Her father likes you.”

“Not at first!” Mona chirped in. “Appa only likes him because he’s the superintendant’s son.”

“That’s not true. He genuinely likes me!” Simon countered.

“Really?” Dari said with a smirk. “Huh... Then I guess it’s understandable. He wouldn’t like anything if it doesn’t benefit him. What is he looking for? A raise?”

“Something like that.” Mona replied with a giggle. “Shall we go outside now?”

“Let’s go, I’m starving.” Dari said and made his way out, not bothering to see whether they were following him or not.

Once they were left alone, Simon immediately placed a kiss on her lips. He didn't know why, but he just felt like doing it. “Shall we go somewhere else?” He murmured against her lips.

“No! I happen to like this barbecue party! Youngwon grills very well. C’mon oppa, let’s go.” Mona said and dragged him back to the backyard, where everyone was still eating.

As he watched her eat, Simon smiled to himself. When did he get so lucky? He must’ve been a good person in his previous life. He didn't really believe in this stuff, but anything is possible with Mona. When she looked at him with those eyes, his heart would just melt. When she grinned at him just like she did now, he couldn't find anything that was beautiful enough to compare it to. It was a special smile, a smile that she reserved only for him. He had never been so in love with anyone before and was glad that Mona appeared in his life just to teach him what love truly meant. He was one lucky guy, that he knew for sure... 



 

Chapter Posted on: Jun. 28. 2012

Yes!!! I finally have another chapter! I'm so sorry it took so long! T_T Another chapter will be up soon! Anyone sensing something coming up in the next chapter? dun dun dun. That is a secret! hahahaha =P Meanwhile, please enjoy this chapter! Don't forget to comment ok? =D Those who haven't subscribed, please do!!! I love everyone! =D