“Public display of affection is not allowed in the library.”

Die of Embarrassment

 

3 days. It had been 3 long days since he last talked to her. She missed him terribly, but she didn't know what else she should do. She had called and texted him every second she got but there was no reply every time. He would always come late for class and be the first one to leave just so he wouldn’t see her. She rubbed her temples wearily. Why was he being like this? She wanted to talk to him, but why was he trying his hardest to avoid her? Was it really bad that she didn't tell Dari they were dating?

“You ok?” Someone from her right asked.

She looked up from her notes and sighed at Daniel who was looking at her with concern. “I’m fine.”

He grabbed the seat next to her. “You don't look like it. Are you sure you’re ok?”

“Do you know where Simon oppa is?” Mona asked.

“Last time I saw him, he was in the library with Youngwon.” Daniel replied before taking a sip of his coffee. “You still haven’t talked to him yet?”

“No... He’s been avoiding me like I’m some sort of disease.” Mona said exasperatedly. “He’s so angry at me because I didn't tell Dari about me and him... He’s super jealous of Dari.”

“Can’t say I blame him.” Daniel shrugged.

“What do you mean?” Mona furrowed her brow in confusion. What was Daniel talking about now?

“Well, you and Dari hyung act like a couple. The way you guys talk, the way you guys finish each other’s sentences, the way you guys touch... Honestly, Simon hyung has every right to be jealous.”

“But I told him many times that Dari oppa and I are just like siblings! Nothing else!” Mona exclaimed in frustration.

“Maybe not.”

“What?”

Daniel leaned in closer to her as if he was about to tell her a big secret, and proposed his theory. “Have you ever considered the fact that maybe Dari hyung doesn’t look at you as a sister?”

“What?” Mona scoffed loudly. “Daniel, don’t be ridiculous!”

“No, no. Think about it. He got rid of all your crushes, he’s always taking you out on a date, and when Simon hyung came with us for the visit, he got really angry. I don't know if you noticed, but he kept glaring at Simon hyung and he held your hand the whole time.” Daniel pointed out.

Mona looked at him incredulously before she finally shook her head in disbelieve. She couldn't believe what the hell she was hearing. Dari oppa in love with her? She had never, in her entire life, heard anything more absurd than what Daniel just told her. It just simply didn't make any sense.

“You don't believe me do you?” Daniel said when he caught the look on her face.

“You’re damn right I don't. C’mon Daniel, Dari oppa’s just being very protective of me, that’s all. He’s just like a brother.”

Just like a brother.” Daniel pointed out. “No blood relation whatsoever. Mona, it’s totally possible.”

Mona stood up and grabbed her things from the table. “Ok, I’ve had enough of your theory. I’m gonna go find Simon oppa. I’ll see you in a bit.” She said before she walked away.

“Ok, but don’t say I didn't warn you!” Daniel shouted to her retreating back.

Mona made her way to the library, hoping to find Simon alone. She pondered over her conversation with Daniel. That boy didn't make any sense at all. How can he even say something like that? Dari oppa in love with her? Psshhh... Ridiculous. It’s just plain... ridiculous. Mona shook her head again, wishing that she could rewind to the moment before she had the conversation with Daniel. Because now, she just couldn't get it out of her head. No matter how ridiculous she thought it was, she won’t be able to forget it... Damn Daniel for putting it in her head.

She peeked through the bookshelves and finally found him sitting alone at the far end of the library. He was focusing on a book, his forehead creased with concentration. She smiled to herself. He was so... beautiful it sometimes pained her to even look at him. She liked it when he wears those big glasses. It added to his appeal, something that suited her just fine. And that jaw-line... She had never seen anyone with a more prefect jaw-line. She knew she had over-used the word perfect to describe him, but she just couldn't help herself. There wasn’t a thing she would change about him. He was simply... flawless.

As if sensing someone’s gaze on him, Simon looked up and their eyes met. She could never get used to him staring at her and her heartbeat sped. She wanted so badly to smother him with kisses but since they weren’t exactly on good terms at the moment, she refrained herself from doing so. Instead, she made her way slowly towards him, and flashed a timid smile.

“Oppa, anyeong.” She said softly, glad that there wasn’t anyone around them.

Simon tore his eyes away from her and returned to the book he was reading. Mona took the seat beside him, and shut the book closed, forcing him to look at her.

“I was reading that.”

“Oppa, I’m... really sorry.” Mona apologized. She had to get it out before she forgets. Simon had the tendency to do that to her, especially with the way he was staring at her right now...

“For what?” He raised his eyebrow.

“I’m sorry I didn't tell Dari oppa about us. It’s not because I’m embarrassed of you, because trust me, I’m not. It’s just... I’m scared to tell him.” Mona said quietly.

“Why are you so scared of him Mona? It’s not like he’s going to eat you. And even if he does, you know I’ll be here to protect you.” Simon said.

Mona bit her tongue to prevent herself from grinning like an idiot. The things this boy said... She would never get enough of them...

She cleared before speaking. “It’s not like that. Dari oppa is capable of talking me out of the guys I like. I’m scared he might do the same thing to you.”

“Are you serious? And you would listen to him?” Simon huffed.

“He’s very... persuasive. It worked most of the time, that’s why I didn't dare tell him...” Mona said, staring at the ground.

Simon sighed. “Have you ever thought that maybe he has feelings for you? That’s why he does all those stuff?”

Mona’s head snapped up and she stared at him, slightly in shock. What have these boys been eating? Why do they keep saying Dari loves her? She shook her head vigorously. “He doesn’t like me like that.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure Mona...”

Mona exhaled loudly. “Oppa, I came here to apologize, not talk about Dari oppa.”

“You’re not doing a very good job if you’re trying to apologize to me.” Simon said, a hint of a smile on his lips. He would let it go for now. But he knew, without a doubt, that he was right. Yes, Mona probably felt nothing for Dari but he saw the way the man looked at her. It was the same way he would look at Mona... and he was in love with her.

“I’m not?” Mona asked worriedly.

“Come here...” Simon said and pulled her into his lap. She let out a surprised squeal before burying her face in the crook of his neck, breathing in his musky scent.

“I’ve really missed you.” Simon whispered softly.

“But you’ve been avoiding me the whole time. I tried to talk to you...” Mona said with a pout.

Simon kissed the pout away and grinned apologetically at her. “Miahn. I... didn't know how to react. I told you I’ve never had a girlfriend before.”

“Oppa, please don't be jealous of Dari oppa from now on.” Mona begged. “Please have faith in me. Trust me when I say that I like you... and no one else.”

Simon planted his lips on hers for the second time, touched at her words. The kiss ignited every fibre of his being and he suddenly felt alive. The three days that they were apart were torturous to him. He didn't know why he acted the way he did. They had only known each other for a short while, but he felt as if she was his world now. There was absolutely nothing he wouldn’t do for her...

“I believe you...” He said breathlessly when they finally pulled apart many minutes later.

“Public display of affection is not allowed in the library.” Someone suddenly spoke up.

Mona jumped and turned her head towards the sound of the voice, and smiled sheepishly at Intae. “Oppa!”

“So, since when have you guys been dating?” Intae asked casually.

“Mona, you still haven’t told them?” Simon said with a raise of his eyebrow.

“Uhh... there’s nothing to tell. He already knows.” Mona replied.

“I’m hurt that you didn't tell me.” Intae said.

“What’s there to tell when you already know?” Mona exclaimed loudly. “Oppa, you’re so annoying!”

“That’s me.” Intae said with a laugh. “Ok, I’m gonna go now. I can’t stand the puppy eyed look Simon’s sending you. I’ll see you guys later.”

“So... can I come over tonight?” Simon asked once Intae was gone.  

“You practically live there and you still need to ask? Daddy missed you. I’m pretty sure you’re welcomed.” Mona grinned.

“Great. I’ll bring dinner and then maybe we can...” Simon trailed off, wriggling his eyebrow suggestively.

Mona slapped his chest lightly before standing up. “Let’s not discuss that here. C’mon, drive me home.” She said, grabbing his hand and pulling him up to his feet. She was glad that they made up. The house felt empty without him and she couldn't wait for him to come over again tonight. Her mind wandered to the conversation she had earlier about Dari. The prospect of him liking her was just impossible. There was absolutely no way that that could be true... And even if it was, she liked Simon, not Dari... She couldn't possibly choose between the two. But if she really had to, she wondered. Who would she pick?



 

Chapter Posted on: Jun. 21. 2012

Another chapter is up!!!! And omg, is it really true? Does Dari really like her? Dun dun dun... ^^ Hahaha... Hope you guys enjoy! Don't forget to read and comment!!!! =D