“But look at him! Look at the way he moves his head. Isn’t it cute?”

Die of Embarrassment

*Flashback*

“Can I come?”

Mona swallowed the lump in , her palms beginning to sweat. What to do? She thought frantically and finally came up with a lie, a lie that will forever haunt her. “Erm, actually I’m going to the little girl’s room, excuse me.” She uttered before fleeing.

Little girl’s room. Why couldn't she have said restroom? Or bathroom? Or toilet? Anything else besides little girl’s room! And why did she lie? Why couldn't she just say he can come along? Was she that shy of him?

*End of Flashback*

She wanted to face-palm herself. Why oh why was she so afraid of him? She shook her head as the incident flashed through her mind once again. She was so scared of embarrassing herself, but she was more than capable of doing that without anyone’s help. It was like she was digging her own grave and then buried deeper and deeper in embarrassment.

Then she sighed, a hint of a smile at the corner of her lips. He was sitting in front of her, concentrating on the test they were supposed to do. She sighed once again. The way he moved his head as he finished his paper was adorable! And even the back of his head was pretty... She sighed.

“Will you cut that out?” Daniel hissed from beside her.

“Huh?” She said, her voice dreamy.

“You know, I chose the wrong day to sit with you! If you sigh again, I’ll jab your hand with my pencil!” He threatened before returning back to his paper.

“But look at him! Look at the way he moves his head. Isn’t it cute?” Mona whispered.

“Is there something you’d like to share with us Daniel and Mona?” The professor suddenly said from the front of the room.

Mona jumped in her seat and quickly shook her head, aware that Simon had turned his head to look while Intae smirked from beside him. Crap! Way to be discreet Mona!

“Erm, nothing sir.” Mona replied, looking down at her paper, hoping and praying that he wouldn’t ask anymore question. She groaned inwardly. Another embarrassing act added to the list. Bravo!

“So, how do you guys think you did?” Intae asked once the exam was over.

Mona raised her eyebrow at him. “You didn't flunk it did you?”

Intae shrugged. “Meh... I did enough to pass... I think.”

“Well, if I fail, I know who to blame. Did you know she’s been sighing the whole time?” Daniel said furiously.

“Hey, hey! Shut up.” Mona hushed him.

“So what are we going to do now? It’s still quite early for lunch.” Simon stated, seemingly oblivious to their conversation.

“We are going to the dance studio, where you can show us your amazing dance skills.” Jeesu said with a smile. “Mona and the twins, do you guys wanna come with us?”

Mona contemplated over her decision. Dance studio was a dangerous territory, especially if Simon was going. She knew how often the boys frequent the place and whenever they do, they would either be shirtless or clad only in a wife-beater. Could she risk it? Was her heart strong enough to take in Simon in all his half- glory? No, she couldn't possibly do that to her heart... not yet.

“Erm, I think I’ll pass. I’m gonna head down to the computer lab.”

“We’ll go with you. The stench of sweat, especially theirs, sickens us.” JiEun mocked while EunJi laughed.

They separated on the third floor, the girls heading over to the lab while the boys head down to the dance studio. Mona exhaled loudly. She felt cold all of a sudden. Simon was no longer with her. Granted that they never talk except when she embarrassed herself, they were still always together in their group of gang. She would steal glances every now and then, watching as he smiles, as he eats, as he converses with the others and everything else in between. She slapped her forehead. , she sounded like a stalker.

“Ohhh, what’s this? Are you checking out Simon’s facebook profile?” EunJi asked with a wriggle of her eyebrow.

“Oh, let me see!” JiEun said. “Mona! What is this? You still haven’t added him as a friend? We all have!”

Mona shrugged nonchalantly. On countless occasions during the past week, she had tried over and over again to send a friend request. But every time she tried, her inner voice would always stop her from doing so. What a coward she was. She couldn't even be... virtual friends with him.

“Ok, I know that look. You’re gonna do something I don’t like aren’t you?” Mona asked when she noticed the look on both the twins’ faces. “This twin telepathy thing, I really hate it you know.”

“Mona, why don’t you come with me? I have something to show you.” EunJi pulled her out of her seat, giving her no chance to refuse. They made their way out of the lab and into the cafe nearby.

“Ok, what is it that you want to show me?”

EunJi pulled out something from her bag and showed it to her. “This dress! Isn’t it nice?”

Personally, it wasn’t Mona’s style but she nodded her head anyway. “Yeah. Where’d you get it from?”

EunJi the dress into her hand. “It’s for you. For tonight!”

“You’re insane! I’m not wearing that! I’d look like a... hooker!” Mona said, horrified. “And besides, I’m not going to the party tonight.”

EunJi’s face fell. “What? Why? I thought it was already agreed that you’ll be going with Simon!”

“That’s why I’m not going! You must be crazy if you think I’m going to sit in a car with him alone! I’ll die even before I get to oppa’s house!”

“Oh c’mon! You don’t even have to say anything to him! Just nod and say ‘yes or no’ if he talks to you.” EunJi said, trying to find a solution.

Mona shook her head. “No! You know what, I’m gonna go and tell Intae oppa I’m not going. I’ll see you later.”

She made her way down to the dance studio, reasoning with herself. Right, because there was no way she was going to the party with Simon driving her. Na-uh, no freaking way. She lost count of how many times she’s embarrassed herself, and she was not about to do anything embarrassing anymore.

She barged into the studio and immediately regretted her action, remembering why she never wanted to come in the first place. She didn't care that the others were not wearing a shirt, but she cared if Simon wasn’t. The room was suddenly short of oxygen and her head began to spin. His body was... perfect. She had no doubt that his body was carved and made especially for him and him only. She had always thought Intae oppa had the best body, but Simon beat him by miles. It was a work of priceless art...

“Hey! What are you doing here?” Intae said with a big smile, the other boys ignoring her presence... except Simon. He looked at her when she entered and her heart skipped a beat.

“Oppa, I need to talk to you.” Mona said, trying her hardest to suppress another sigh and doing her best to stare at Simon without being completely obvious.

“What?”

“Oh my goodness, look at his body! It’s perfect! Where are the twins when you need them? I seriously need to spazz about this!” Mona mumbled, forgetting momentarily who she was speaking to.

“Yah! I thought you like my body!” Intae said with a pout. “Yah! Focus! You said you wanted to talk to me?”

Mona tore her eyes away from Simon, albeit with extreme difficulties, and focused her attention on Intae. “I came to tell you that I’m not coming tonight.”

“What, why?”

“Oppa, I can’t sit in a car with Simon! That’s just crazy!”

“That’s too bad. I had a surprise in store for you.”

 “What surprise?”

“Well... I wasn’t going to tell you until tonight but since I have to convince you to come, I’ll just tell you. Your Dari oppa has the weekend off from military duty and said he’ll drop by my place tonight.”

Mona’s eyes shone with excitement. “Really? Dari oppa’s coming?”

“Yup. So you better come!”

“Hey Mona, I’m still picking you up tonight right?” Simon asked, a smile on his face as he came over.

Mona leaned over Intae for support and quickly whispered in his ear. “Oppa! I can’t breathe! Can’t breathe! Take me away from him!”

“Really?” Intae said incredulously before smiling awkwardly at Simon. “Yes, you guys are still on tonight. Pick her up at 7. She lives on the 10th street, house number 11. I need to get her out for some fresh air.”

“Ok, erm... Mona, I’ll see you tonight!”


 


Chapter Posted on: Jun. 4. 2012

Next chapter is up! I enjoy writing this chapter! Haha... hope you guys like reading it as much as i like writing it! lol... Please enjoy! But don't foget to comment ok? Thanks!