“Of course I want to marry you!”

Die of Embarrassment

 

“I don't remember ever hiring a hot male chef.” Mona spoke up from the doorway the next morning.

Simon turned around and flashed her the iest smile he could conjure. Mona’s heart skipped a beat. He looked hot in a lab-coat, but in an apron, he was even more so. She gripped the side of the door tightly. The way his arm was flexing as he held onto the pan was enough to drive her senses wild and she took a deep breath to prevent herself from collapsing. She was quite surprised the smoke system hadn’t yet...

“You’re finally awake. Please have a seat.” Simon said as he pulled her into the seat that he had prepared for her earlier. “So, today in our menu, we have eggs sunny side up, pancake with a wide array of syrup, and toast with strawberry jam. What will it be Mona sshi?”

“You made all that?” Mona asked with a giggle.

“Uh-huh...”

“I’ll have the eggs please.” Mona said.

Simon grinned sheepishly. “I threw all the eggs out.”

“What? Why?”

“Because, there were eggshells in every single egg I tried to cook. I couldn't break the shells properly.”

“Pancake then?”

Again, Simon grinned at her. “The batter didn't work.”

“What do you mean it didn't work? All you had to do was add water.”

“What? I made from scratch!”

Mona raised her eyebrow at him. “You didn't see a box of ready-made batter on the shelf?” Mona asked as she pointed at it.

Simon cursed under his breath profusely before he turned to look at her again, his grin intact. “Well... at least we have toast.”

“You didn't burn all of them did you?”

“Erm... I burnt some.” Simon said quickly. “But I managed to save... one piece.”

Mona laughed. She stood up and wrapped her arms around his neck. She had to stand on her tiptoes so she could place her head on his shoulder comfortably. “You made fun of me because I can’t cook. Now I found out that you can’t even make toast?”

“Hey... I can make toast. Today just isn’t one of those days.” Simon replied before pinching her cheek.

“Ow! Oppa!” Mona pouted as she rubbed her cheek. “That hurt.”

“Really? Miahn...” He said and planted a kiss on it. “Better?”

“Much.” Mona smiled. “C’mon, I’ll make us some real breakfast.”

“What so real about it when you’re only using readymade batter?” Simon asked, raising his eyebrow.

Mona slapped his arm lightly. “Well, at least I can make us something we all can eat.”

5 minutes later, she was whipping the batter like a pro. Simon watched in fascination, amazed that she could at least, cook something and not let herself starve to death. Definitely wife material. He gave a start at the mention of the word wife... Wow, he was already thinking about making her his forever? He smiled to himself. That wouldn’t be so bad would it? There was only one problem. The man that was still sleeping upstairs.

*Flashback*

“What’s going on?” Simon asked as he rushed over.

Mona looked at him helplessly, her hands holding onto Dari who had passed out in her lap. “Oppa, help me get him upstairs please.”

Simon stared at her, horrified. “Upstairs where? I’m not touching him!”

“Oppa, stop it! Just help me get him into the guestroom!” Mona urged.

Simon sighed dejectedly. He would much rather throw the man out and just let him sleep on the front porch, but Mona might sulk and throw him out and he can’t have her alone with that guy. He doesn’t trust him at all. Yes, he was happy Mona picked him over Dari but that guy would always find his way back into her life, just like tonight, and that didn't sit well with him...

“Does he always come here drunk like that?” Simon asked, crossing his arms across his chest, waiting for Mona’s answer.

“No... He usually doesn’t drink much.” Mona replied worriedly. “I wonder what happened...”

“I thought you’re mad at him.”

“I am! But that doesn’t mean I’m not worried.” Mona said, making her way into her room.

“Where am I going to sleep tonight?” Simon asked when he followed her into her room.

Mona smirked at him. “There’s always the sofa bed downstairs.”

Simon shook his head, narrowing his eyes at her. “I am not leaving you and him up here alone.”

“Then what do you think we should do?” Mona asked, making herself comfortable on her bed.

“Well... I can sleep in here with you.” Simon said slowly. His palms were sweaty and he could feel beads of sweat on the back of his neck. She was staring very seductively at him, as if luring him to do things to her he himself can’t imagine. He bit his lower lip hard, channelling all emotions into the pain his lip was beginning to feel.

“But you said I snore...” Mona pointed out.

“Good gracious Mona!” Simon exclaimed before jumping into the bed, wrapping his arms around her tightly, smothering her with kisses.

“Oppa!” Mona giggled. “Stop it! I can’t breathe!”

“Good.” Simon murmured against her lips.

“I’m going to sleep. Don't try anything funny while I sleep.” Mona wagged her finger at him.

Simon caught it in between his lips and on it hard, a grin on his face. “I have no idea what you mean...”

*End of flashback*

“Oppa! What are you thinking about?” Mona asked as she flipped another pancake.

Simon smirked. “Oh nothing. Just stuff I did to you last night...”

Mona looked at him in confusion. “What did you do to me last night?”

He shrugged as a response, untying the apron from around his waist.

“Oppa...” Mona tried again. “What did you do to me last night?”

“You don't remember?” Simon asked in a surprised tone.

“N-no...” Mona said slowly. “Wait a minute, we’ve had this type of conversation before. Oppa, you’re joking right?”

“You don't remember my name?” Simon said naughtily.

Mona glared at him. She was sure nothing happened last night. “I did no such thing! Oppa, stop it. It’s not funny!”

Simon wrapped her in his arms and looked at her with an apologetic smile. “Mona c’mon. I can’t even play a joke now?”

“It’s not funny oppa.” Mona said quietly. “I...”

“What is it?” Simon asked softly. “Are you saving yourself?”

Mona blushed and looked away. She was so obvious she was like an open book. Why could he read her so easily? Is it there, written on her face? Now he knew. Should she brace herself for whatever it was that was coming? Was he going to leave her now?

Simon chuckled at her silence. “Looks like I’m right. I think it’s sweet.”

“You do?” Mona asked, hopeful. “You’re not going to leave me?”

“Babo yah... Why would I do that? Of course, now I just have to marry you earlier than I planned.” Simon said with a shrug.

“M-marry?” Mona said, shocked. He was already thinking about marrying her? She wanted to squeal in delight, but maintained her composure just in time.

“Yeah... unless, if you plan on marrying someone else...”

“No, no!” Mona cut in quickly. “Of course I want to marry you!”

“You do?” He raised his eyebrow.

“Ahh... erm.” Mona wanted to slap herself. How could she tell him that? She sounded like she couldn't wait for him to propose to her! She was so damn eager!

Simon laughed at the expression on her face. He planted a kiss on her lips and leaned his forehead against hers. “When the time comes, I’ll marry you.” He whispered quietly.

The man standing by the door saw everything with his own two eyes. He saw Mona’s smile, and how it lit up her entire face. She was glowing and he could practically see her eyes twinkling happily. In all their years together, she had never smile like that to him... Suddenly, he regretted everything that he had done. Why was he so against this relationship? He realised that her happiness was important to him, and if that man in her arms was making her happy, then he shouldn’t at all cost stand in their way. It doesn’t matter anymore how he feels, what was important was that Mona was happy. If she was happy with Simon, then he’ll be happy for her. Intae was right, he couldn't protect her forever. She was not his to keep...

“Ehem...” He coughed, trying to catch their attention.

Mona’s head turned towards the door and she released her hold on Simon. “Oppa, you’re awake.”

“Mona, can I talk to you?” Dari asked, gesturing towards the living room. His head was throbbing, but it wasn’t as bad as he imagined it to be.

“What is there you want to talk about?” Mona asked coldly.

Dari sighed. “I’m sorry... for everything.”

“Are you?”

“Mona, he makes you happy. And if you’re happy, then that’s enough for me. I’m sorry. I really don't know why I was so against this relationship.” Dari said regretfully.

“Do you really mean that?” Mona asked quietly.

“I do.” Dari said earnestly. “I hate that you’re not talking to me.”

“Oppa, Simon’s a big part of my life now. Can you handle that?”

“Well... I’m not saying that I’m gonna love the guy. But I’ll give it a shot.” Dari said with a smile.

Mona flashed him a smile in return, and breathed a sigh of relief. She wrapped her arms around his neck in a tight embrace, her head against his chest. “Thank you so much. You have no idea what this means... You’re my oppa, so you’re blessing is important to me.”

“Yes... I’m your oppa. I always will be...” He whispered into her ears.

They stayed in each other’s arms for quite a while before Dari pulled apart. “So, I’ll go now...”

“Have breakfast with us first? Then you can get to know Simon...” Mona said.

“I have to start now?” Dari asked incredulously.

Mona giggled, tugging on his hand and bringing him to the kitchen, where Simon was waiting. They stood facing each other, Mona beside Dari. She nudged his shoulder with hers repeatedly, until he finally let out a small sigh.

Dari stuck out his hand for Simon to shake. “Lee Dari, Mona’s oppa.”

Simon raised his eyebrow at him, but took his hand anyway, grabbing it in a firm shake. “Simon Park, Mona’s boyfriend.”

Mona squealed happily. “Oh my goodness, you guys are so cute I could cry!”

“Please don't.” The guys said simultaneously as they took their seats.

“Would you look at that? You guys even speak the same thing at the same time now!” Mona exclaimed in joy. “This has got to be the best day ever!”

“Mona, I feel like puking.” Dari said.

“So do I.” Simon said.

“Gosh! Did you hear that? You guys just agreed on something! Ok, you guys enjoy breakfast and talk for a little while longer, I’m gonna go call the twins, Daniel, Youngwon, Jeesu and Intae oppa!” She said and vanished from the kitchen in an instant, leaving the two guys in awkward silence.

Simon cleared his throat. “So erm...”

“I still mean what I said.” Dari interrupted. “If you make her cry, I won’t hesitate to kill you.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” Simon said, nodding his head. He couldn't care less what the man opposite him thinks, but apparently it was important to Mona. And if it was, it had to be important to him as well...

Dari popped a piece of pancake into his mouth only to immediately spat it out. “You made this?” He asked, after drinking a full glass of water.

“No... Mona did.”

“Figures.” Dari shrugged. “Please... don't, under any circumstances, let her cook... anything.”

“So, we’re sharing stuff about her now?”

“Hey... If you want to hear, you listen. If you don't want, that’s totally up to you.” Dari replied nonchalantly.

Mona returned a short while later, the grin on her face so wide it almost reached her ears. “So, what were you guys talking about?”



 

Chapter Posted on: Jun. 25. 2012

So sorry for this late update! T_T I've been so busy! Next update will be late as well! i'm starting school tomorrow! *sob sob* darn, but i hope you guys like this chapter!!! haha... i'm staying up just to finish it! lol... please read and comment ok? =D enjoy!!!!