“Oppa! That’s silly. I can’t be the centre of your universe...”

Die of Embarrassment

 

“Oppa, can you help me with this question? I just can’t find the answer in any of the books I borrowed.” Mona said in exasperation.

“Hey! I’m still struggling with mine here and you’re asking me to help you with yours?” Intae asked incredulously, scratching his head in confusion as he stared at his assignment.

“But oppa, I don't know how to do this question!” Mona exclaimed, dropping her head onto the table in desperation.

“Hyung! I found the book we were... looking for.” Simon trailed off when he noticed who had joined them. The book he was holding dropped to the floor as he gazed intensely at Mona who had looked up upon hearing his voice.

Mona gulped, his masculinity and perfection catching her by surprise every time. She tried not to falter under his intense gaze but it was extremely difficult for her. He was always very good with hiding his emotions but she saw everything in his eyes that day. A year with him was enough for her to read him like an open book. She could see his vulnerability when it came to her, his anger, his frustration, and most importantly his love as he kept his eyes focused on her.

“Simon oppa...” She managed to choke out after a while of silence.

He narrowed his eyes at her before abruptly turning around on his heels and walking away. Mona watched with a heavy heart. It had been almost two weeks but he was still angry with her... How could she fix this?

“What was that?” Intae asked finally.

Mona sighed dejectedly. “He’s still angry with me...”

“About what? The breakup?”

“When we broke up that night, Dari oppa found me on the floor, crying. I didn't know what happened, I just told him he was the best thing that’s ever happened to me, and Simon oppa heard. He left before Dari oppa came but he must’ve come back.” Mona explained quietly. “He was really angry when I said that to Dari.”

“Why did you break up with him in the first place Mona?” Intae asked softly. “You guys were so cute together!”

Mona bit her bottom lip, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. “He’s failing classes oppa. I can’t have that.”

“So you think breaking up with him is the best solution? Shouldn’t you at least talk to him about this?”

“There’s nothing to talk about.” Mona said, shaking her head furiously. “It’s done, and that’s that.”

Intae shrugged before he returned to his assignment. “Ok, I just hope you know what you’re doing.”

“Hyung, we’re on for tonight right?” Jeesu said as he suddenly appeared in front of them, Youngwon in tow.

“Oh yeah, definitely!” Intae grinned.

Mona furrowed her brow in confusion. “On for what?”

“Yah, have you forgotten? It’s the twins’ birthday tomorrow! So we want to hold a surprise party for them tonight at Intae hyung’s house.” Jeesu said excitedly.

“We?” Mona raised her eyebrow. “I mean, I understand why Youngwon would want to, but you?”

Jeesu smiled sheepishly at her while Youngwon chirped in. “He’s going to confess to EunJi tonight.”

“Confess what?”

“Yah! What rock have you been living under? Jeesu’s been flirting with her since forever!” Intae exclaimed.

“Really?” Mona said, surprised. “Wow, I totally didn't know that... EunJi never said anything!”

“Are you serious? Does that mean I shouldn’t say anything then?” Jeesu asked, starting to look worried.

“Don't be silly. She’s totally into you.” Intae said with a slight wave of his hand. “Tell her tonight, and you’ll make her the happiest girl on Earth.”

“Hyung, you should seriously find yourself a girlfriend. I’m starting to worry.” Youngwon joked.

“Nahh... Don’t worry about me. She’ll be here when the time comes.” Intae replied.

“Mona, you’ll help us right? Bring the twins over when we call you?” Jeesu asked.

“But I don't have a car!”

“I thought Dari hyung answers to you every whim now.”  Jeesu replied.

Mona huffed. “Fine. I’ll ask him to drive us.”

A few hours later, Mona was with the twins at her house, waiting for Dari to appear. She fidgeted nervously. She had almost told them about the surprise party twice while they shopped earlier. She wasn’t very good at keeping secrets, and it didn't help that they keep throwing suspicious looks at her. She looked around the house to avoid looking at them when her eye caught something shiny peeking from underneath the couch. Bending down, she reached for it, only to find that it was Simon’s ring, the ring that went missing during the last night he spent at her place. She held it in between her fingers, before slipping it through her thumb. It was big for her, but she held it in place with her other fingers, not wanting to take it off. It was the only thing she had of him, and she smiled bitterly to herself, hoping her tears wouldn’t fall. They shouldn’t, considering the break up was her idea in the first place...

“Hey, what are you doing? Dari oppa’s here.” EunJi said.

She stood up and brushed her pants. “Right, c’mon let’s go.”

“So why are we going to Intae oppa’s place again?” JiEun asked once they were sitting comfortably in Dari’s car.

Dari threw Mona a glance and Mona shrugged nonchalantly. “I don't know. He said he had something to tell us.”

“Are you ok?” Dari asked her softly from the driver’s seat. From the expression on her face since she entered his car, he could sense something was bothering her. Was she still pining for that guy? Wasn’t she the one who broke up with him? He had yet to find out why...

Mona smiled at him and nodded her head. “I’m fine oppa.” She replied. She didn't want to talk about how she felt. Tonight was all about the twins, not her. She clenched her fingers. Would Simon be there? What was she going to say if he demands an explanation? Would he even talk to her? He was furious with her still...

“We’re here.” Dari announced once he parked the car.

“C’mon girls, let’s go.” Mona said before plastering a big smile on her face. She couldn't wait to see how Jeesu was going to confess to EunJi...

She made her way towards Intae’s front door, the twins following closely behind. Not bothering to knock, she pushed the door open and stepped aside so the twins could come in. As soon as they were inside, a loud shout of surprise were heard and party poppers all went off at the same time, causing the girls to jump in shock. Youngwon appeared with a bouquet of flowers in his hand, heading straight towards JiEun who was grinning at him.

“Hey sweetheart.” He said wrapping his arms around her. “Happy early birthday to you!”

JiEun giggled, burying her face in the crook of his neck. “Oh my gosh, you didn't have to! This is so sweet!”

“Guys! Don't do that in front of me! How many times do I have to tell you that?” EunJi whined who was standing not very far from her sister.

Mona laughed before pointing at Jeesu, who was slowly approaching her, a big smile on his face, a teddy bear in his grasp.

“Happy early birthday.” He said softly.

Mona watched with interest as the blush crept up EunJi’s cheeks, and she reached out for the teddy bear with shaky hands. “Erm... thank you.”

“I have something else for you.” Jeesu said. Without waiting for a reply, he leaned in and placed a quick kiss on EunJi’s cheek, earning whistles from the rest who were watching.

“Jeesu!” EunJi exclaimed in surprise. “What was that for?”

Jeesu smiled. “I like you. I’ve liked you since... forever. I just didn't know how to show you...”

“Really?” EunJi asked with widened eyes. “Wow...”

“C’mon guys, let’s leave them alone.” Intae said ushering them to the pool where snacks and drinks were already set up.

“Why does it always have to be me that doesn’t have a girlfriend?” Daniel whined as he grabbed a cookie.

“Aww. Don't worry! You’ll always have me.” Intae said, pulling him in for a hug.

Daniel struggled out of his embrace and looked at him strangely. “Eww, hyung. No! This is not normal! You’re already thirty something and you STILL don’t have a girlfriend!”

“Hey, leave the poor guy alone.” Dari said, defending Intae. “When the time is right, he’ll find someone.”

“Exactly! And you’re still young. So there really is no hurry in finding your soul mate.” Intae replied before popping a piece of potato chip into his mouth.

Mona stood to the side, and just smiled sadly at their conversation. She was sure that she had already found her soul mate, but she pushed him aside, thinking that it was for his own good. She sighed to herself. He was suffering, and so was she. So how could it be good for either of them?

“Hey guys...” Someone suddenly said.

Mona’s eyes immediately flew to his face and she cleared . He was greeting the others, but he didn't even look in her direction. Dari was beside her in an instant, holding her hand for comfort...

His eyes finally met hers and they flashed in anger when he noticed Dari locking his hand with hers. She gripped Dari’s hand tighter and challenged his gaze. She hated doing this to him, but what choice did she have? He was angry with her, and she was intent to keep it that way...

“So you two are together now?” He asked, his voice cold.

Mona raised her chin and looked at him defiantly. “So what if we are? That’s none of your business.”

Simon scoffed and growled under his breath. “I hope you’re happy.” He said before walking back into the house.

Her body started trembling once he left. When her knees gave in, she managed to sit on the pool chair just in time. She clutched her chest and breathed deeply. She wanted to cry, but she didn't want to ruin the party.

Dari peered at her with concern. “Yah, you ok? Do you want to go?” He asked her quietly.

Mona shook her head and tried to swallow the lump in . She flashed him a small smile. “No. I’m fine. Oppa, you go in first, I’ll join you in a second.”

Dari stared at her a while longer before he heaved a loud sigh. He made his way into the house, ushering the others with him. He knew enough about her to know that if she asked for some alone time, she really needed it. He wondered what the hell happened between the two. Why did she lie to Simon like that?  And why was Simon so angry?

“Yah, tell me what happened.” Dari said to Simon when he could no longer control himself. He clutched the hem of the other man’s shirt, and forced him to look at him.

Simon brushed his hand away before replying coolly. “Nothing happened. She broke up with me.”

“Why did she break up with you?” Dari frowned.

“How should I know? Why don't you ask your girlfriend?” Simon scoffed.

“She’s not my girlfriend!” Dari yelled. “What the hell did you do to her? She’s been miserable since that day!”

“She’s miserable?” Simon asked, shocked.

“She’s head over heels for you man! I don't understand why she would break up with you!”

“Are you saying I should go talk to her?”

“I would much rather see you vanish from the surface of the Earth but Mona looks so miserable she might kill herself just to be with you.” Dari said, shaking his head at Simon.

Simon ran out to the pool before Dari even completed his sentence. How could he be so stupid? Of course she didn't want to break up with him! How did he even agree to such a ridiculous idea? He found her still sitting on the pool chair, shivering slightly in the cold wind. He made his way over and pulled her into his arms, catching a whiff of her strawberry scented hair. He buried his face deeper into the crook of her neck, and exhaled slowly. He had to know what was going on...

He cupped her face lovingly and gazed earnestly at her. “Baby, please... tell me what’s wrong.”

“Oppa, what are you doing?” Mona asked, removing his hand from her face.

“Dari said you’re miserable. If you’re so miserable without me, why did you break up with me?” Simon asked, his brow creasing with confusion.

Mona bit her lower lip and looked away. “I... have my reason.”

“Please... just tell me.” Simon pleaded. “I’m going crazy here! Just tell me... please.”

She got distracted by the way his lips were moving that before she could stop herself, she pressed hers against his, tasting him for the first time in a long time. He responded in no time, perhaps even more eagerly than her and she smiled against his lips. The butterflies in her stomach were flying around happily, and she instantly wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her. They stayed like that for quite a while until Mona felt the need for oxygen. She pulled away and leaned her forehead against his.

“I love you...” He said softly, his breath cooling her heated face.

“Oppa, you’re failing.” Mona said, looking at him through her lashes. She couldn't keep it from him anymore. She couldn't bear to be apart from him any longer. It was torturous, for her and him...

Simon looked at her in surprise. “How did you know that?”

“It doesn’t matter how I know.” Mona said. “Why didn't you tell me?”

“I didn't want you to worry.” Simon shrugged. “It’s no big deal. I’ll study really hard before the exam.”

“Oppa! It is a big deal!” Mona exclaimed, detaching herself from him. “If you fail, it’ll all be my fault...”

“Your fault? Why would it be your fault?” Simon asked, confused.

“Because you haven’t been studying. And you’ve been spending way too much time with me, and and...”

Simon silenced her with a short kiss. When he pulled away, he smiled at her. “Babo yah, is that why you wanted to break up with me?”

“I don't want to be a distraction. Your study is really important...” Mona said worriedly.

“Hey... if you break up with me, I’ll fail for sure.” Simon countered. “I’ll be too upset to do anything. I haven’t studied anything since you left me.”

“Oppa! That’s silly. I can’t be the centre of your universe...”

“But you are.” Simon interjected. “And you always will be. Since you first walked into my life until the day you breathe your last breath. You will be my one and only... forever.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Posted on: 3.7. 2012

Another chapter is up! This is a bit longer! LOL... Sooo... they made up? Sorta? Hahahahahahaha... It's kinda cheesy, but I like cheesy... ^^ Hope you guys enjoy! Please read and comment ok? Thanks to everyone who subscribed and commented! I can never say enough! I love you guys! By the way, i requested a poster after soooo many chapters! Hahahaha... Hopefully, it'll be up soon! ^^