“So, Simon told me you guys finally talked!”

Die of Embarrassment

It was 6.50 pm and she was still not dressed. The clock was ticking, and so were her nerves.

“I’m not going.”

“Yah! Don’t be stupid! He’s already on his way! You are going to get in the car and get your here! The twins are already here!” Intae shouted from the other end.

“Oppa!” Mona said in distress. “Oppa! I can’t go! I can’t do this!”

“You listen to me Mona. You’re going to come here even if I have to make him drag you out of the house! Now do you want that? Do you want him to drag you out of the house? Do you want to embarrass yourself even more?”

“You wouldn’t dare!”

“Oh I would! You damn well know I would!”

“Oppa!” Mona pleaded, sounding close to tears. “What am I going to say if he talks to me?”

“You’re not mute! You have a voice! Just reply! Besides, my house isn’t very far from where you live, you’ll probably be with him alone in the car for only 5 minutes!”

“Ugh! Fine! I’ll be there!” Mona said, finally giving up. There was absolutely no way she was going to get out of this. Simon was already on his way and she knew Intae’s threat was no joke. But she was so nervous she might just faint! But then again, some alone time with Simon would be good... She couldn't avoid him, no matter how much she wanted to.

“Good. Now what would you be wearing?”

“Huh?”

“That was from EunJi. She wanted to know if you’re wearing the dress she gave you.”

“Tell her I’ll freeze to death if I wear that. And tell her I’m going to use the dress as my door mat!”

Suddenly, a honk from outside was heard and she dropped her phone, running quickly to the window. She gasped in nervousness. He was here! Simon was in front of her house! Frantically, she ran about the room in search for anything she could put on to cover herself. Satisfied with a large red sweater, a pair of skinny jeans and a white beanie, she made her way down to literally meet... the love of her life. It was cheesy, but that was how she viewed him... in her mind at least.

She took a deep breath, wondering if there was any way she could still get out of this. Should she trash the place up and go out the backdoor to make it look like someone kidnapped her? No, that’s ridiculous. Besides, the guys wouldn’t believe her antic. She had done that before... with some other guy she used to have a crush on.

But with Simon, she knew deep in her heart that it was more than just a crush. There was just something about him that was very attractive and she couldn't quite put a finger on what it is. She found herself thinking about him 24/7 even while she sleeps, something that she never really did with any of her crushes before...

You can do this, Mona! She shouted in her head as she made her way down the path towards him, where he was waiting to open the door for her. She smiled to herself. Yes, she thought he was perfect before, but no words could describe how he looked as he waited patiently for her to reach him. Black shirt, red tie, blue jeans were a common combination for guys, but nothing was common with Simon. Every inch of his body screamed perfect. She wanted to cry and jump with joy at the same time. How can someone look this perfect?

The walkway was outrageously long, and for a moment she imagined walking towards him at their wedding. There would be people watching at both sides, and she would be wearing a white wedding dress with laced sleeves, a bouquet of flowers in her hand. Simon would smile at her just like he did now, tears in his eyes as he admired his wife-to-be. She would gush at how handsome he looked and together, hand in hand they would be wedded.

Do you take Simon as your lawfully wedded husband?

“I do.” Mona said with a smile.

“You do what?” Simon said, a teasing smile on his lips.

Mona gasped in surprise, the scene of her ideal wedding fading and cold harsh reality came crashing down. She looked around before finally looking at Simon, and blushed.  She just embarrassed herself again!

“Err... erm... uhh... nothing.” She finally managed to croak out.

“Well then, shall we get going?” Simon asked before opening the passenger door for her.

Unable to say anything else, she nodded her head and stepped into the car, feeling the heat on her skin intensifying ten-fold. This was it. She was about to be stuck with him in a closed space for approximately 5 minutes. She wondered what she should do. Should she pretend someone had called her and talk for 5 minutes? No, that seemed rude. She didn't want him to think that...

“Mona sshi... Mona sshi?”

“Huh? Oh erm, yeah?” Mona said awkwardly. Her name rolling off his tongue... Her name had never sounded so y, until he uttered it...

“Do you know where Intae hyung lives?” Simon asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

“The largest house on 28th street.” Mona replied. It wasn’t a yes or no question, so she couldn't possibly nod or shake her head. “Wait a minute, shouldn’t you already know since you’re driving us there?”

Simon turned to look at her, and he smirked. “You know, that’s the longest thing you’ve ever said to me. No actually, that’s the only thing you’ve ever said to me.”

Again, it wasn’t a question, so she kept quiet, waiting for him to continue.

“I know why.” He stated.

Mona inwardly groaned. Of course he would know. She never failed to make it obvious! Great! Now he’s going to tell her that he wants nothing to do with her and that they should just stay friends. “Uhh, you do?”

He nodded his head. “Yeah, you’re shy... especially with new people right?”

Mona heaved a sigh of relief. He didn't hit bullseye, but he was close enough. She wasn’t shy with new people, she was just shy with him... Well, let’s just play along, she thought. “Uhh yeah...”

“There’s no reason to be shy with me. I’m a very nice person you know. I don’t bite.” Simon said with a chuckle.

“Erm... ok.” Mona replied hesitantly. Of course he doesn’t bite, he’s not an animal!

“Besides, we’re friends right? By the way, thanks for sending that friend request. I’ve added you already.”

Mona frowned. “Friend request?”

“On facebook. You sent me a friend request.” Simon pointed out.

“I did?”

“Didn't you?”

“I did! Yeah...” Mona laughed it off, inwardly cursing the twins. She knew it was them. Who else would it be? Wait until she sees them later. She couldn't wait to scratch their eyes out!

“You look nice by the way...” Simon complimented her just as he put the car on parking.

Mona wanted to yell at the top of her lungs. He complimented her! He just said she looked nice! Oh goodness, the car ride wasn’t bad after all! Well, granted that she did embarrass herself earlier, she did manage to talk to him for the rest of the way without doing any more embarrassing things. She smiled at him, feeling like she ought to return the compliment. “Thanks... you’re very handsome.”

Face-palm. Did she just say that? She didn't just say that, did she? She pinched her thigh until tears sprung in her eyes. She did say that! Oh no, now what’ll he think of her? Curse you Mona! Curse you!

To her surprise, Simon let out a laugh, a laugh that she will forever remember. “Aww thank you. No one has ever been that honest with me, I like it. I like your honesty.” He said before climbing out of the car, waiting for her to do the same.

With shaky legs, she stepped out, holding on to the side of the car for support. She made it. She made it to Intae’s house without scratches, without blood, without tears, and without death. This was a record. She realised she didn't feel as nervous as she thought she would in his presence and smiled a dreamy smile, all thanks to Simon.

“Tell me you did not just come in that black Mercedes.” Jeesu pounced on her as soon as she entered.

“Huh? Whuh? Oh Jeesu, hey.” Mona said in a daze.

“Yah! The car! How was the car? That’s the latest model! How was it? Was it comfortable?” Jeesu attacked her with more questions.

“Dude, give her some room to breathe will you? She looks like she’s about to faint! Mona, you ok?” JiEun asked, grabbing Mona’s hand and pulling her into the nearby seat.

“How was the car ride?” EunJi asked with a grin.

“It was... phenomenal.” Mona replied, her face breaking into a giant smile. She had forgotten that she was supposed to scratch their eyes out. “He was... so good.”

“Good at what? Driving?” Daniel, who had overheard the conversation, teased.

“Oh my gosh, he knows just the right thing to say, and at the right time too. The car ride was... mind blowing.” Mona said. She didn't know if mind blowing was the right word, but her mind was literally blown away...

“Hey! You made it! You survived! I’m glad to see you alive and still breathing!” Intae said dramatically, pulling her into a hug. “So, Simon told me you guys finally talked!”



Chapter Posted on: Jun. 5. 2012

Yay! Another chapter is up! So they finally talked! Hahaha... Hope you guys like their conversation! I had fun writing it! The party was supposed to be in this chapter but i figured i've written enough so i'll write about it in the next chapter ok? This is my last update for the week. i'm going on a vacation tomorrow till friday. Sad, i know... i have mountains of ideas for this story that i just want to write down! but i'll update once i get back! ^^ Anyways, please enjoy! Don't forget to leave comments! =D