“Oh really? Then who are you in love with Mona sshi?”

Die of Embarrassment

 

“Mona, watch out!” Youngwon shouted before pulling her to safety. “Yah! You almost hit that pillar!”

“Huh? Oh... heh...” Mona said, flashing him a sheepish smile.

Youngwon looked at her strangely. “Are you ok? You’ve been zoning out a lot today.”

“Oh yeah... I’m fine.” Mona replied dreamily, waving him off.

“She’s not ok! You know she was laughing her head off in the cinema yesterday?” EunJi chirped in.

“It was funny!” Mona defended herself.

“The kid died! It was a sad movie!” EunJi said loudly. “What happened with Simon on Friday night? You haven’t been right since then. On Sunday, you giggled the whole time I called you!”

Mona smiled to herself, recalling the events of that night.

*Flashback*

“Wait... I love you...”

Stars appeared in her vision as soon as she heard that and the butterflies in her stomach fluttered in frenzy. “I love you too...” Mona replied in a daze, the hand he was holding trembling like crazy.

“What?”

Mona blinked, and shook her head. “I’m sorry, what?”

“What did you say just now?” Simon asked, furrowing his brow in confusion.

“Nothing!” She replied hastily. “What were you trying to say?”

“You said ‘I love you’ to him. Are you sure you guys are just friends?” Simon frowned.

She breathed a sigh of relief, glad that he didn't hear what she just uttered. It would be a complete horror if he did. If she thought she had to move continents before, now she might just have to move planets. Lucky he didn't hear, Mona thought silently.

Plastering a smile on her face, she nodded her head. “Yes, I’m sure. Simon sshi, why are you so concerned with Dari oppa?”

She had the pleasure of seeing him clammed up, unsure of how to answer her. And... Was he blushing? She could see faint traces of red on his neck and cheeks, was he really blushing? She rubbed her eyes and looked again. He was! Maybe he really does have a crush on her!

Almost instantly, his face was devoid of emotion and he smirked at her. “Well just, you know... If we do go out on that date, I wouldn’t want him to beat me up or anything...”

Mona her suddenly dry lips. “Date?” She croaked.

“Yeah... you’ll consider it right? I would ask the others to come with us but personally, I’d rather it just be you and me...” Simon winked.

Mona gulped, the butterflies in her tummy breeding like nobody’s business. He just... winked at her. He was flirting with her, she knew that. Oh goodness, Simon was bad for her health, especially her heart. If she had a weak heart, she would’ve had a heart attack by now. To say she was ecstatic was an understatement; she was beyond the moon and clouds. Why couldn't he see that being in his presence was enough to make her faint?

*End of flashback*

“Mona? Mona?” Jeesu said waving a hand in front of her face.

“Yes, sir? Yes?” Mona quickly stood up. She blinked when she noticed her surroundings. This isn’t lecture hall! “Jeesu!”

“Will you stop staring into space? It’s getting kinda annoying.” Daniel said before taking another spoonful of yoghurt.

“Daniel, give her a break. The girl’s in love!” Intae said with a laugh as he made his way over, Simon beside him.

“Oppa!” Mona squeaked, knocking over Daniel’s yoghurt and earning a loud yell from him. It was suddenly very hot in the cafeteria, and she fanned herself. She was aware that Simon had heard, for the first time ever, what Intae had said and wished the ground beneath her feet would open up and swallow her whole. Thanks for nothing, oppa! She shouted in her head.

“In love?” Simon questioned. “With whom? Dari sshi?”

“What?” Intae exclaimed before shaking his head. “No! That’s ridiculous! Dari is only her friend. Actually, he’s more of a brother than a friend.”

“Oh really? Then who are you in love with Mona sshi?” Simon asked, turning his eyes to her.

Several things happened at once. The twins stopped whispering behind their hands, Jeesu and Intae spat out the tea they were drinking, Youngwon stared open-mouth at them, while Daniel merely grinned from ear to ear, watching the show with extreme interest.

Mona huffed loudly, trying to avoid his question. “Well, would you look at the time! I think it’s time for class!”

“We still have 5 minutes. Tell me Mona sshi, who are you in love with?” He pressed on, keeping his eyes trained on her.

Mona opened and closed like a fish out of water. What the hell was she supposed to say? You? Yes, I’m in love with you! Somehow, that didn't sound quite right. They barely knew each other and it was only last Friday that they talked... really, really talked. How was she to answer him?

“Me!” Intae said, coming to her rescue, sending an apologetic smile in her direction at his earlier slip-up. “She’s in love with me.”

“And me.” Jeesu added. “She’s in love with all of us.”

Mona flashed them a grateful smile, and nodded her head at Simon. “They’re my friends. Of course I love them.”

He raised his eyebrow at her, but decided to let it go. “Ok cool. C’mon, let’s head to class.”

Once they arrived, Mona went straight to her usual place, Simon promptly seating himself next to her. “Erm, that’s Daniel’s seat.” She said to him, sounding extremely nervous.

“Hey Daniel, you don’t mind if I sit here today right?” Simon asked him with a smile.

Daniel looked at Mona’s pleading face, and grinned. “Not at all hyung! You can sit there for the rest of the semester if you want!”

“Thanks dude.” Simon replied before turning his head to Mona. “Looks like you’re stuck with me for the rest of the sem.”

Mona turned away and blew at her bangs in frustration. It wasn’t that she didn't like him sitting next to her, but she couldn't afford anyMORE distraction! She barely studied ever since she knew him, constantly checking his facebook profile for picture updates and gossiping about him with the twins or anyone else who would listen to her. Now... now he was going to sit next to her. She supposed it wasn’t such a bad thing, but she was going to fail this semester big time!

“So class, I’ve explained the project to all of you last week. Now, I’m going to divide you into pairs. Before I do that, may I know where Simon is?” The lecturer called out from the front of the hall.

“Right here sir.” Simon said, raising his hand. Mona could hear the instant whispering that started among the girls of the class, and balled her hands into fists. She knew what they were thinking and she was furious. Simon was hers and hers only!

“Ahh... there you are. Well, since you’re new here, I’m giving you the privilege to choose your partner.” The lecturer said.

“Seriously?” Simon raised his eyebrow. He looked around the lecture hall before his eyes finally landed on the girl next to him. “Mona.”

“Really?” The lecturer said in a surprised tone. “Mona? She’s not a very bright student.” The lecturer added before the class erupted in laughter, her friends doing the same.

“Sir!” Mona exclaimed, horrified that her lecturer was embarrassing her in front of the love of her life. The world was out to get her, she just knew it. She wasn’t embarrassing herself anymore; other people were more than capable of doing it for her. What did she do that was so wrong today?!

Simon chuckled. “Don’t worry sir. I can handle it.”

“Simon sshi!” Mona pouted while Simon continued to laugh next to her. He tried to talk to her for the remainder of the class, but she tried her best to ignore him and instead focused on her breathing. It didn't help that his cologne was so strong. The musky scent was making her woozy. She had to literally refrain herself from breathing deeply just to take in his scent. She sighed, peering at him through her long lashes, watching as he scribbled notes and as he bit the tip of his pencil. Mona began to hyperventilate. His moves were slow and sensual, and it was doing her no good whatsoever.

She made her way to the gym just half an hour later. She shook her head. She had decided that she couldn't possibly work with him. She would get an A+ on her research on Simon but an F- on the project. The project would be forgotten, and Simon would occupy her mind. No, that was NOT an option. She needed that grade! She prayed and hoped that she would find Intae in the gym. She had to change partners and she was prepared to beg.

“Intae oppa, are you in... here?” Mona’s voice faltered when she saw that it wasn’t Intae in the gym, but Simon. And he was alone... wearing just a pair of pants.

Simon dropped the dumbbell he was using on the ground and stood up, slowly making his way over to where Mona was standing rooted on the spot. Mona cleared , her eyes tracing the contours of his chest and six-pack. If she was him, she would feel tremendously violated that someone was openly checking her out like that... but she couldn't help herself. It was on display and it was beautiful! What else was she supposed to do?

“Hyung just left.” Simon simply stated.

“Oh.” Was the only thing she managed to say. Now that he was up close, she could see little beads of sweat running down his temple and her hand immediately reached for her heart, feeling her heartbeat quickening by the second. There was nothing more attractive than seeing a hot guy sweat. She wanted to help wipe his sweat away to reduce his appeal but that would require her to touch him, and she wasn’t sure her heart was ready for that.

“Why were you looking for him?”

“I was... uhh... you know what, never mind. I’ll just go and call him.” Mona said. She was about to turn around when his voice stopped her.

“Mona, wait.” He said, reaching for her small hand. He spun her around to face him and smiled, oblivious to the small distance separating them, while Mona desperately gulped for air. What was she to do with her hands? Place them on his chest? No, he was half , that didn't seem right. She didn't want him to think she was a ert. Instead, she let them fall limply at her sides, and focused her attention on a spot above his right shoulder.

She heard his small laugh before she felt his hand on her chin tilting her face up, forcing her to look at him. “Why do you always refuse to look at me?”

“I uhh... erm... I was...” Mona stuttered. She had never been this close to him, and the contents of her stomach made her feel like vomiting. This was not good!

“You have beautiful eyes...” He breathed, his finger slowly tracing her right cheek.

“Simon sshi...” Mona squeaked.

“I told you to drop the formalities with me. Please call me oppa...” He said softly.

“Simon... oppa...”

Simon smiled, almost blinding her with his perfectly white teeth. “That’s better. Now, about that date we talked about last week, do you think we can have it tonight?”

“Date?” Mona said in a daze. “Tonight?”

“Why not?” Simon nodded his head. “Do you have anything else planned?”

Mona shook her head slowly. “No...”

“Great. I’ll pick you up at 8 tonight.” He said before wrapping his arms around her neck, and whispered in her ear. “Can’t wait to see you tonight.”



 

Chapter Posted on: Jun. 10. 2012

Omg! Another update! Yay!!! I am on a roll! Hahaha... Actually, EURO 2012 is keeping me up and i couldn't resist writing! Hope you guys like this chapter! I liked writing it! =D Enjoy! Thank you to everyone who commented and subscribed! Love you guys! ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGjQdyEFhWk (watch out for Simon's aegyo! It's super cute i tell you! hahaha =D)