“I need his permission to date you?”

Die of Embarrassment

 

“Mona, are you sure about this?” Jeesu asked.

“No...” Mona bit her lip worriedly. “But it’s gotta be done.”

“How did you manage to get them to agree to this anyway?” Daniel asked, dumbfounded.

Mona flashed him a sheepish smile and shook her head. “I didn't.”

“What?”

She sat on her bed next to him and looked at her friends. “Dari oppa doesn’t know that Simon oppa is coming along. And Simon doesn’t know Dari’s coming either.”

Jeesu let out a low whistle. “Whoa, you’re in for some big trouble tonight. You know Dari hyung will kill you right?”

“Gee... thanks for that input Jeesu. You’re very helpful.” Mona replied sarcastically.

“No, I’m just saying. You know how Dari hyung is right?”

“Should I be worried?” Intae asked, shoving a handful of chips into his mouth. “You want me to follow you?”

“Oppa, you’re so sweet. But I’ll be fine. They can’t kill each other in a crowded restaurant.” Mona said before standing up and grabbing her phone. She twirled in front of the guys. “So, how do I look?”

“Beautiful.” Youngwon replied with a smile.

“I can guarantee you that both of them will go nuts when they see you tonight.” Daniel said with a smirk.

“Both... of them?” Mona said slowly.

“Remember what we talked about last time? I still stand strongly by it.” Daniel said.

Mona threw her moisturizer bottle at him, almost hitting his head. “I hate you for putting that in my head.”

“Wait. What idea?” Youngwon asked, confused.

Before anyone could reply, the doorbell suddenly rang. Mona ran her fingers through her hair once more, speaking to the boys in the process. “Ok, you guys stay here. If you plan on leaving, put the key under the mat ok? Intae oppa, there’s plenty of food in the kitchen. Help yourself.”

“Great! Looks like I’ll be here when you come back!” Intae said with a wide smile.

“Mona, be careful! Hwaiting!” Jeesu said, giving her his support.

Mona rolled her eyes at him before she waved goodbye. She made her way downstairs, and braced herself. Tonight was going to be hell, she just knew it. She plastered a smile on her face before she threw the door opened.

“Hello.” Simon said, a smile on his lips. Mona felt her body tingling just a little bit. How did he manage to bring about all these emotions in her by just... standing there?

“Oppa, this really isn’t fair.” Mona said in mock exasperation.

Simon’s brow furrowed in confusion. “What’s not fair?”

Mona pointed at his suit before meeting his eyes. “This... all of this.”

“Oh, you don't like the suit? I can take it off...”

“No, no!” Mona cut in loudly. “I might just die and go to heaven if you take anything off. Let’s just go.”

Simon smirked and pulled her closer to him. He leaned against the wall and wrapped his arm around her, nuzzling her neck lovingly. “Do we have to? Can’t we just... stay in tonight?”

Mona giggled. “We have a reservation.”

“Can’t we cancel it?” Simon murmured. “You look so beautiful you have no idea how much I want to kiss you right now...”

Mona bit the inside of her cheek. If she could, she would cancel it. But Dari was waiting, and she had to do this tonight before she chickened out. She had to tell him that she and Simon are dating now. He had just been dismissed from the military 2 days ago and had called her, asking for a dinner date. She wanted to refuse at first, but when she decided that there was no better time to tell him, she agreed to it. The only thing he didn't know was that Simon would be coming with her. She sincerely hoped that he wouldn’t cause a scene because she knew how capable of that he was...

“Likewise Simon sshi. But now really is not the right time. We really need to get going.” Mona said, pulling on his hand.

They arrived at the seafood restaurant just 15 minutes later and Simon peered out the window and shook his head. “We are not eating here.”

“Oh why? The seafood here is amazing!” Mona huffed. She was panicking. They have to go in! She could see Dari at their usual spot already!

“Have you forgotten that...”

“No I haven’t.” Mona interrupted. “But oppa, they have the best seafood in town. C’mon please...” She begged before she leaned in to place a kiss on his lips.

“You know I can’t refuse when you kiss me like that.” Simon pointed out.

Mona grinned as she stepped out of the car. “Go find a parking spot ok? I’ll wait for you inside.”

 The waitress showed her to where Dari was seated and she smiled as she made her way towards him, Daniel’s voice floating in her head. He was wrong. Dari was just a brother, nothing more. Daniel was crazy. And so was Simon. Dari does not like her... that way. It was just impossible...

Dari looked up from his phone and met her gaze. Standing up, he wrapped his arms around her before holding her at arm’s length, giving her a once over.

“You look beautiful.” He blurted out before he could stop himself. He frowned. What was that? His heart literally skipped a beat. Why did that happen? That has never happened before!

“Oppa, stop it.” Mona said with a light slap on his chest. “Have you waited long? Miahn...”

“Ani...” Dari said, shaking his head. “Uhh, I’m gonna go to the restroom for a while. I’ll be right back.”

Mona watched him go, aware that something was bothering him. What’s going on? Why did he look... speechless

“Hey y, you alone?” Someone suddenly said.

Mona looked up and smirked at the man who was sliding into the seat next to her. “Unfortunately, yes.”

“Don’t tell me you don’t have a boyfriend.”

“Oh, I do. He’s just not here at the moment. Would you like to join me?” Mona asked flirtatiously.

“What would your boyfriend say?”

Mona leaned in to whisper in his ear. “I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t mind.”

“Yah, I’ll kill you if you ever say that to anyone.” Simon warned.

Mona laughed before planting a kiss on his cheek. “Do you honestly think I’ll say stuff like that to anyone when I have you?”

“You better don't.” Simon said, capturing her lips in a kiss. “Shall we order?”

Dari splashed his face with the cold water from the tap. What the hell was he thinking? Yes, she’s beautiful, he had absolutely no doubt about that, but his heart had never skipped a beat the way it did tonight. What was wrong with him? He slapped his face lightly. He hadn’t met any girls for quite a while now, maybe that’s why he reacted the way he did to Mona. Yes, that had to be it... There was no other plausible explanation...

He made his way out from the men’s restroom, just in time to see someone placed a kiss on Mona’s lips. He clenched his hands into fists, fuming in silent anger. How dare he place his dirty lips on his Mona? Dari gave a start. Wait a minute, since when did he call Mona his? Ok, he seriously needed to get his head checked. Slowly, he walked towards the table, only to see that that particular someone was someone he wished never existed.

“Simon.” He uttered the name distastefully, as if it was the worst thing he ever said.

Simon turned towards the sound of the voice, and the expression on his face immediately matched the look Dari wore. Both men glared at each other, each with their own murderous thoughts about the other. Mona quickly detached herself from Simon’s embrace, and cleared .

“I thought... we could all have dinner together tonight.” She said slowly. She could feel the tension thickening and people were starting to stare. She pulled Dari into the seat opposite her, and sat herself back down.

“What is he doing here Mona?” They asked her simultaneously, their eyes never leaving each other’s faces.

Mona could see how much they both wanted to rip each other’s heads off, and gulped. Maybe her friends were right. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea after all... She better say it... fast.

“Dari oppa, Simon oppa and I are... dating.” Mona said.

“What?”Dari said sharply, finally tearing his eyes away from visually throwing daggers through the other man’s head. 

“Simon oppa is my boyfriend.” Mona said. From the corner of her eyes, she could see Simon smirking at the older guy and she gripped his hand tightly. Making Dari angrier was not in her agenda tonight.

“Boyfriend? Since when?” Dari asked through gritted teeth. He couldn't understand why he was so angry. Why did he feel like punching Simon’s face senseless?

“It’s been a few weeks.” Mona replied quietly. “Oppa, be happy for me?”

“Are you asking for his blessing?” Simon asked incredulously. “I need his permission to date you?”

“Oppa, it’s not like that...” Mona started to say.

“Mona, he’s not your father! He’s not even related to you! I don’t see how it’s any of his business who you’re dating.” Simon exclaimed in annoyance.

“It is my business!” Dari spat. “She means everything to me! I don't want her to have some jerk as a boyfriend!”

“I think she’s smart enough to figure out who it is she wants. And for the record, I’m not a jerk! I happen to really like her!” Simon said furiously.

“Oh really? If you like her so much, tell me. What’s her favourite food? What’s her favourite movie? What’s her most favourite moment? Where does she like to go during the weekend? What’s her favourite type of chocolate? What’s she allergic to?”

For the first time that night, Simon clammed up. He didn't know the answer to any of the questions and he realized that, he doesn’t know her as well as Dari knew her. And it freaked him out...

“Oppa, stop it.” Mona said to Dari when she caught the look on Simon’s face. Yes, of course he wouldn’t know. And it wasn’t fair to him that Dari was asking all these questions!

“No, Mona. He doesn’t even know all these stuff about you and he calls himself your boyfriend?” Dari asked.

“I may not know everything about her but I assure you, I plan to stay with her until I know every single thing about her. You are definitely not going to stand in my way.” Simon fumed.

“Oppa please... don’t fight. People are staring.” Mona said nervously.

“Mona, I won’t allow this!” Dari said angrily.

“It’s not up to you!” Simon countered.

“If it was up to me, you wouldn’t even be here!” Dari hissed. “Mona, break up with him.”

“What? Oppa, no! I like him.” Mona said, horrified. “Oppa, can’t you just... be happy for me? I’m happy with Simon oppa...”

“What happens if he leave you?” Dari asked.

“I’m not going to leave her!”

“What happens if he finds someone prettier and better than you? Are you going to come crying to me again like you did all these times? Did you know how pathetic you looked?” Dari fired again.

“Oppa, are you saying that I’m not good enough? That I’m not pretty enough?” Mona asked, her lower lip trembling slightly.

“That’s not what I said...” Dari said, feeling guilty. He shouldn’t have said what he said. But it was too late for him to take it back. He didn't mean what he said anyway! He was just too caught up in the moment. Why in the world was he so furious?

“That’s exactly what you said!” Mona yelled. She grabbed Simon’s hand and stood up. “We’re leaving. Simon oppa was right, I don't need your permission.”

“Mona, wait!”



 

Chapter Posted on: Jun. 22. 2012

Sorry this chapter's a bit late! Hahaha... But i hope you guys like it! Dari finally knows!!! And he's not happy! Hahaha... So, u guys asked for a Dari pov right? Next chapter ok? i was planning on making one anyway! =D enjoy! Don't forget to read and comment!!!! =D