“You’re doing a lot by just being beside me...”

Die of Embarrassment

 

“Hyung, I can’t believe you’re failing. You’re a first class student!” Daniel exclaimed in disbelieve.

Simon merely smirked, draping his arm lazily around the younger man, looking at him intently. “Love... makes you crazy sometimes.”

“Hyung, you gotta help me find a girl.” Daniel pleaded. “Please... I beg you! Youngwon and Jeesu are so busy with the twins I feel left out.”

“There’s always Intae hyung!”

“Eww! I’m not going to hang out with some ahjussi! All he does is hibernate at home. He’ll never find a girl like that! Hyung, c’mon!” Daniel whined.

“Now?” Simon said, raising his eyebrow. “I have to go meet Mona.”

“I thought she banned you from the house until graduation.”

“Yes, but that doesn’t mean I can’t try.” Simon countered. “You see, it’s very easy with the ladies. All you have to do is flash them a smile and they are yours forever.”

“That’s what you did with Mona?”

Simon chuckled. “It was... I don't know how to put it, but she was so shy with me it was funny sometimes. She did the most embarrassing things that if I wasn’t into her, I would’ve laughed out loud in her face...”

Daniel laughed loudly, clutching his stomach when he could no longer breathe properly. “Oh yeah! She did that with all her crushes!”

“She had other crushes?” Simon asked, leaning in. “She never told me that...”

“She doesn’t have to. It never worked out with any of them.” Daniel replied, shaking his head. “C’mon hyung, please let’s go find me a girlfriend...”

Simon sighed, knowing that there was no way he could shake him off if he didn't do as he asked. The boy was so desperate he looked ready to cry... “Ok, fine. But ask Jeesu and Youngwon to come along.”

Half an hour later, they were strolling along Han River, Youngwon and Jeesu talking nonstop while Simon walked along. Daniel’s eyes searched wildly for girls who were his type. When he saw none, he turned his head angrily at Simon, his stare accusing. “Hyung! There are no girls here!”

“What are you talking about? There are plenty of girls here!” Simon exclaimed, pointing at random girls who were passing by. “Just pick one! I really have to go meet Mona!”

“But...”

“Yeah, we have plans with the twins too.” Jeesu chirped in while Youngwon nodded his head vigorously.

“There, right there.” Simon pointed at a girl who was sitting on the bench alone, looking through her phone. She had long beautiful brown hair, her features slightly exotic. Daniel squinted his eyes to get a better look.

“She doesn’t look Korean.” Daniel said finally.

“It doesn’t matter! She looks cute! And you can speak English well. So go talk to her.” Simon said, pushing him forward.

Daniel threw a glance at them before slowly approaching the girl. Simon hyung was right, she was cute. He definitely liked her sense of style. That red varsity jacket clashed perfectly well with her hair. He ran his fingers through his hair and cleared his throat, suddenly feeling nervous. He obviously didn't think it through. What was he going to say to her?

She looked up before he had the chance to open his mouth and he smiled awkwardly.

“Err... hi.” He said.

“Hi!” She smiled at him.

He breathed a sigh of relief. Well, at least she smiled at him. It was time to work his magic. “So erm, can I have directions?”

“Directions? To where?” The girl asked.

“To your heart.” Daniel replied with a smile. It was cheesy but he was so good at pick-up lines that it had become part of what defined him. He had tried it on many other girls before, but he usually ended up with a bruised face. Hopefully he’ll get lucky this time... She looked like she was interested in him...

To his delight, the girl burst out in laughter. “Oh you’re funny! Do you always get girls like this?”

He took that as a sign for him to continue being cheesy. “Babe, you must be a thief because you just stole my heart from across the walkway.” Daniel smirked.

“Seriously?” The girl said, still laughing uncontrollably. “Thank God you’re cute! If not, I would’ve punched you a long time ago!”

He grinned at her and stuck out his hand for a shake. “I’m Daniel.”

“Lia.” She said with a smile. “I’m from the Philippines.”

“Oh really? What are you doing in Korea? Travelling? Studying?” Daniel asked.

“Studying. But I just came a few days ago and I have no idea where to go.”

Daniel snapped his fingers in excitement, his eyes twinkling in merriment. “Perfect. Let me take you around!”

“You mean right now?” Lia asked.

“Why not?” Daniel said. “Wait, I’ll be right back.” He said before running back to where the others were waiting.

“How did it go?” Jeesu asked. “It was too far away for me to read your lips.”

“There was no need to read any lips. It was obvious he tried his cheesy pick-up lines on her.” Youngwon stated.

“You have pick-up lines?” Simon asked him in shock. “Pick-up lines don’t work!”

“Ahh...” Daniel said with a wide smile. “It worked this time. Hyung, I need to borrow your car.”

“What? Why?” Simon asked confused.

“Because I told her I’m going to take her around. Please hyung! I promise I won’t wreck it.”

“How are the rest of us going to get home?” Simon asked.

Daniel could see the key chain dangling from his pocket and grabbed it, pulling the key out in the process. He dangled it in front of Simon before running away.

“Thanks hyung! I’ll drop it at Mona’s place in an hour!” He shouted as he made his way over to the girl.

Simon shook his head as he made his way back with Youngwon and Jeesu. The boy was crazy. But then again, so was he. A smile played on his lips as he thought of Mona. Since that day they made up, they were inseparable. Of course, she had set a few ground rules, most of which were so ridiculous he couldn't even be bothered to remember. There was one rule he truly detested, the fact that he was not allowed at her house until they graduate. Simon scoffed silently. They still had two years until they graduate. He’d be damned if he had to sleep another night without her by his side...

He was on her porch just minutes later, and he contemplated with himself before knocking. Would she be angry with him? He had promised her he would study tonight, but he missed her too much. He didn’t get to see her earlier since they didn't have class... He took a deep breath. Well, if she was angry with him, he could easily kiss her anger away. He smiled to himself. That was the best solution he could come up with. He knocked on the door, and waited patiently for her to open it.

“Oppa!” She said when the door was yanked open. “What are you doing here?”

Simon raised his eyebrow at her. “Why do you have flour on your nose?”

“What?” Mona said before quickly wiping her nose with her sleeve. “No, I don't!”

“What were you doing?” Simon asked, pushing her aside so he could come in.

“Oppa! I thought I told you you’re not allowed here.” Mona said as she crossed her arms in front of her.

“Aww, but I’ve missed you!” Simon pouted, reaching for her shoulders. “Don't you miss me?”

“You were supposed to be studying tonight.” Mona pointed out.

“I know... but can’t I study here instead?” Simon said, jutting his lower lip for effect.

Mona bit the inside of her cheek painfully, reminding herself that she shouldn’t give in to his wish. If she surrendered this time, he will forever take advantage of her. But the look on his face and the pout he was wearing was too much for her to handle and she found herself smiling at his antic. He was good, and he knew it.

Simon smiled back and proceeded to make himself comfortable on the couch. “I’ll be here if you need me.”

“Yah Mona, you asked me to help you and now you disappeared on me?” Someone yelled from the kitchen.

Simon quickly stood up and looked at Mona. “Who was that?”

“Ahh... erm.” Mona said nervously. “That was...”

“That sounded a lot like Dari.” Simon cut in before walking towards the kitchen.

Mona ran after him. “Oppa! Wait, don’t go... in there.” She said, realizing that it was a bit too late considering that he was already in the kitchen.

“What’s he doing here?” They both exclaimed simultaneously.

“What are you doing here?” Simon asked again, narrowing his eyes at the other man.

“What are you doing here? I thought you weren’t allowed here.” Dari replied, matching his gaze.

“Oh, and you are?” Simon retorted. “Mona, I demand an explanation.”

“There’s nothing to explain! Dari oppa was just...”

“Wait a minute, what’s that smell?” Simon asked, sniffing the suddenly burnt air.

“What? What smell?” Mona asked frantically.

“Mona, the cookies!” Dari yelled before throwing the oven door open. He put on a mitten and took a tray of burnt cookies out, dropping it loudly on the counter. He huffed and puffed, his face turning red.

“That was the fifth batch!” Mona said in despair. “Oppa, I told you to watch the time!”

“I did! But then you went to answer the door and Intae hyung called. I was distracted.” Dari said with a sheepish smile. “Miahn...”

Simon raised his eyebrow at her after the slight commotion was over. “Why were you baking when you can’t even cook?”

“This... is an experiment.” Mona said, hoping he wouldn’t see the look on her face.

“Experiment? On what? How people will get hypertension once they eat it?” Simon teased.

“Hey, don't .” Dari said, defending Mona. “Her execution was bad, but her intention was good.”

“What does that mean?” Simon asked, furrowing his brow.

“Mona, you answer this idiot. I’m gonna go see what Intae hyung wants.” Dari said before walking out. He grabbed some of the cookies on the way. “Hyung would love this. He’ll eat anything...”

“So,” Simon started once they were left alone in the kitchen. “What did Dari mean?”

“Can’t you call him hyung?”

“Why? He’s only two years older than me.”

“It’s a sign of respect.”

“Well then, I guess I don't respect him enough to call him hyung.” Simon countered. “Now, tell me what he meant.”

Mona sighed. “I was going to bake these cookies... for you.”

“For me?” Simon asked, surprised. “What for?”

Mona shrugged. “I don't know. I just wanted to do something... for you.”

“Baby...” Simon said as he pulled her closer to him. “You’re doing a lot by just being beside me...”

“But...”

“There’s no need to do all these if you’re trying to impress me.” Simon said softly. “You’ve done enough as it is...”

“Oppa, are you sure you never had a girlfriend before?” Mona asked with a giggle.

“Yes, I’m pretty sure. Why?”

“How is it that you know just the right things to say?” She said, gazing earnestly at him.

Simon smirked before crashing his lips on hers. Her kisses would always send him to heaven and back. The way they pressed against his was just so divine that if it was possible, he would never let go. She brought about a new emotion in him every time their lips touched and he would always be left wanting more. He had to marry her... He just had to...

“Because we’re meant to be...” He breathed haggardly once they pulled apart. He grabbed a cookie from the tray and took a bite.

“It’s good.” He said after swallowing.

Mona chuckled. “Oppa, you don't have to eat it if you don't like it.”

“Oh really?” Simon said quickly spitting out the second bite. “Good, because it was the most horrible thing I’ve ever had to put in my mouth.”

“Oppa!” Mona exclaimed, slapping his chest lightly.

“Hmm, if I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put ‘U’ and ‘I’ together.” Simon said with a grin. Do pick-up lines really work?

“What is that? Did Daniel teach you that?” Mona asked with a laugh.

“If I had said that to you when we met, would you still have fallen for me?” Simon asked.

Mona thought about it for a moment before nodding her head. “Definitely. But I’d probably ask you to stop.” She replied.

The doorbell suddenly rang, snapping them out of their playful banter. Simon made his way over and opened the door, only to be greeted by Daniel who was dangling the car key in front of his face.

“You did something to my car.” Simon said as soon as he saw the expression on Daniel’s face.

Daniel quickly shook his head and took a step back. “No, I didn't! You’re welcome to check! But please wait until I’m at least ten blocks away.”

Simon looked past Daniel’s shoulder and his eyes widened in horror. “What did you to my car?!?”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Posted on: Jul. 5. 2012

Another chapter is up!!! Daniel finally met someone in here! Hahahaha... and he get more lines! LOL. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! As usual, read and comment ok? ^^