“Oppa, what are we now?”

Die of Embarrassment

 

Mona tapped her chin thoughtfully, wondering what on Earth she should do. She glanced at the clock to see that it was only 9 pm, much too early for sleep. The TV was on, but it seemed as if the TV was watching her instead. She sat on the floor while he lounged on the couch. He wasn’t in her line of view, and she was exceptionally glad. His little movements, he might not be aware of it, often set her heart in frenzy. Running his fingers through his hair, wiping his lips... Oh goodness. Even Brad Pitt couldn’t compare with that...

Her dad was crazy. He saw them...kissing, (she still haven’t gotten used to saying it, even in her mind) and he still suggested that Simon stayed over? What was he playing at? What did he have in mind? He left two, highly attracted to each other, rich in hormones young adults home alone. Didn't he know the consequences of that? There’s gotta be something wrong with him, she just knew it. He wouldn’t let Dari stay over, whom she had known all her life, but decided that it was ok for Simon? There’s just absolutely no logic in that...

“Mona...”

She snapped out of her reverie when his voice penetrated her mind and she turned her head towards him slowly. “Yes, Junho sshi?”

“Please don’t call me that.” He said, as he sat beside her. “It doesn’t suit me.”

Mona grinned. “You know what, you’re right. It doesn’t suit you. You don’t really look like a Junho to me.”

“Exactly.”

“Oppa, it’s your name. Like it or not, you have lived and you will die with it.” Mona said, sounding wise.

Simon raised his eyebrow at her. “Wow, aren’t we wise tonight?”

“It only comes at night.” Mona replied with a laugh. “So, what should we do now? I’m bored.”

“Shall we go for a drive?” He suggested.

“No...” Mona moaned. “I’m too lazy to go out. Isn’t there anything easier to do?”

“Hmm... Well, I can think of one thing.”

“What’s that?” Mona asked.

Simon leaned in, much in the same way as before, and smiled. Mona’s heartbeat sped. Was he going to kiss her again? She hasn’t brushed her teeth yet! She wanted so badly to smell her breath but he was much too close to her already. Her breath hitched and her eyes fluttered close, preparing herself for what was coming... What she thought was coming.

“Shall we...” He breathed softly. “study?”

Mona’s eyes immediately snapped open and her cheeks burned. She watched as he threw his head back and laughed, and she groaned in embarrassment, covering her face with her hands. No freaking way. He just played with her. How was she going to explain herself now?

“Mona... you thought I was going to kiss you didn't you?”

“N-no...” Mona said, looking away.

“Really? Then why do you look disappointed?” Simon asked, raising his eyebrow.

“I do not!” Mona exclaimed. She wanted to run away. She was about to stand up and flee when he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down.

He placed his finger on her chin and tilted her face towards him. His arms were bulky and she regretted giving him her dad’s wife-beater. It was the only thing she thought would fit him or maybe she just did it for her own selfish reasons. Whatever it was, his arms were now distracting her. She tore her eyes away from them and forced herself to look at him, without blushing even more...

“I am...” He said softly.

“Y-you are?”

He helped tuck a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled tenderly. “Mona, I don’t know how to make this any more obvious to you so I’ll just say it. Mona, I...”

The phone suddenly rang. She watched as he sighed in frustration, something that boggled her completely. What was he going say? She signalled for him to hold on before she grabbed the phone from the table.

“Hello?”

“Hey baby girl!”

It was Dari oppa. She quickly glanced at Simon before looking away. “Oppa!”

She saw Simon focused his attention on her and she stood up, making her way to the kitchen. She didn't want Simon to hear. Her conversation with Dari can be... quite affectionate at times. If people didn't know, they would think that she was speaking to her boyfriend. She did not want Simon to think that.

“Whatchu doing? I’ve missed you.”

“Oppa, I’ve missed you too. When can I visit?” Mona asked, unaware that Simon was standing by the kitchen entrance, eavesdropping.

“Mona, I can’t talk for long. The visit is next Saturday. Bring the others with you?”

“I will! And loads of ddeobokki.” Mona laughed.

“That’s my girl! Make sure you hide it properly ok? If not, they’ll take it again like last time.”

“Arasso...”

“Ok, I gotta go now. I love you...”

“I love you too! Annyeong!” Mona said before hanging up.

 “Who was that?”

Mona literally jumped when she heard him and she spun on her heels, feeling guilty. “Oh... erm... That was Dari oppa.”

“What did he want?”

She could see how much it was torturing him. She could see the green envy monster raging inside of him, wanting to come out. Wow, he has some serious jealous issue. Should she feel thrilled that he was so jealous of Dari? Maybe she should just tell him who Dari was to her. But, she had already made it clear that Dari was not her boyfriend. Wasn’t that enough?

“Nothing. He just told me when I can come visit him.”

Simon gritted his teeth in irritation. “Will you go?”

Mona made her way towards him, and reached for his hand. “Oppa, he’s in the army. And I already promised I’ll go.”

“Fine. But I’ll be going with you.”

“Are... are you sure?” Mona said hesitantly.

“I’m going to bed.” He said before he turned around and made his way upstairs into the guest room.

A few hours later, Mona tossed and turned in her bed. She wanted to sleep, but she couldn't get a wink of it. Her mind kept replaying the scene from earlier and she sighed loudly to her darkened room. He had retired straight to bed at only 9 30 pm. She had paced in front of the guest room worriedly, wondering if he was already asleep. He looked... jealous and absolutely livid when she told him it was Dari. She wanted to knock on the door but she was too scared. She wasn’t sure what she was supposed to say to him. Since when did her life become this complicated? When she saw him for the first time, all she wanted was for him to be hers. Now, she still wanted him to be hers, but his jealousy over Dari was getting in the way. She groaned. She couldn't do anything about Dari. She couldn't just abandon him, no matter how much she wanted Simon...

She sat up in her bed when sleep refused to come. Feeling suddenly thirsty, she made her way down the stairs, passing his room on the way. She turned the knob and peered inside. The room was pitch black, and so she assumed he was sleeping. Quietly, she closed the door and headed towards the kitchen.

She turned the light on and almost jumped in surprise when she saw him leaning against the counter lazily, a glass of water in his hand.

“O-oppa... you scared me.”She said, clearly sounding shocked. She grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and stood rooted, unsure of what to do. Was he ignoring her? She waited for a couple more seconds before she dragged herself out of the kitchen.  

“Mona...” He finally spoke up. “I’m sorry.”

Her shoulders tensed, and she slowly turned around, keeping her eyes on the bottle she was holding.

He made his way to her and stopped when he was standing exactly in front of her. He took the bottle from her hand and placed it on the counter, before he wrapped his arms around her in a tight embrace. “I’m sorry...” He murmured.

She didn't know whether to cry or laugh, though her eyes were already b with tears. “Oppa...”

“No, let me speak.” He said, holding her at arm’s length. “I don’t know what happened earlier. I was so... jealous and angry. I’ve never felt anything quite like that before. It scared me...”

He pulled her into the living room and they sat face to face with him still holding on to her hands. “I feel so different when I’m with you. I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, I can’t concentrate whenever I think of you. What have you done to me?”

A lone tear fell down her cheek and she quickly wiped it away. Simon looked at her, concerned. “Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong?”

“No, no...” Mona said, shaking her head. She wanted to scream at the top her lungs, she was that happy. “Actually erm... oppa, you have the same effect on me.”

His face brightened up. “Really?”

Mona let out a small laugh. “Isn’t it obvious?”

“Not really. I’ve always thought you’re just shy...” Simon shrugged, still looking at her.

Mona bit her lip, and looked away, exhaling slowly. “Seriously?” She said in disbelieve.

Simon chuckled as he ran his finger along her jaw-line. “Ok, maybe I sorta know... The first thing you said to me was ‘you’re hot’, then you said ‘you’re very handsome’, and then at hyung’s party when I told Daniel about the girl I met on the dance floor, your face changed... And then...”

Mona held up her hand, her cheeks flaming red. “Ok, ok... oppa! I get it. I can’t believe you remembered everything...”

“Can I let you in on a secret?” Simon said, smiling.

“What’s that?”

He leaned in, and planted a kiss on her cheek. When he pulled away, he gazed earnestly into her eyes. “I like you...”

Mona breathed softly. Her feet were tingling, her fingers were tingling, her head was up in the clouds, and she could no longer determine how fast her heart was beating. “Oppa...”

“I’ve liked you since Jeesu introduced us. Actually, they talked about you a lot in that first week you disappeared. Where did you go anyway?”

“Oh erm... I noticed you ever since you first came. I knew you were going to join us when you walked with Intae oppa and I... was too shy to see you so I disappeared.” Mona explained with a blush.

“Wow... really? You were that shy?” Simon said, raising his eyebrow.

“Only with you.” Mona replied honestly. Gone was her shyness now that she found out he felt the same as her. He felt the same way! She had never felt happier. Oh, the joy!

In a flash, he had his lips on her, reliving the event of earlier that night. It lasted longer this time, and the kiss was more thoughtful. Her eyes fluttered close as she enjoyed the feeling of his lips, memorizing how they felt on hers. It was slow and sensual, and she wished he would never let go. She never thought someone can taste so good, until she tasted him. His hand was on her neck, supporting her head and she wrapped her arms around him, feeling like she could float on clouds with him just kissing her.

When they could no longer breathe, Simon slowly pulled away and ran his thumb over her lips, smiling tenderly at her.

“Oppa, what are we now?” Mona asked quietly.

“Well, we are and we will always be human.” Simon replied jokingly.

“Oppa! You know what I mean...” Mona said, slapping his chest lightly.

Simon wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. “Well, if you want me to be your boyfriend... I can totally be that.”

Mona bit her lip to prevent the scream from leaving . She cleared before speaking. “B-Boyfriend?” Uttering the word with difficulty.

“Mmm... but I gotta be honest with you. I’ve never been anyone’s boyfriend before.”

“Really?” Mona asked surprised. “How is that possible? You’re...”

“Hot? Handsome?” Simon supplied with a grin. “I don’t know. No one actually caught my eye before... until now of course.”

Mona beamed as she laid her head on his shoulder, feeling like she just conquered the world. She never thought being this happy was possible... until he came into her life. Nothing and no one can stop her now...

“So what do you say Mona sshi? I know we’ve just met and all, but it feels right... Will you do the honour of being my girlfriend?”

Mona smiled to herself. ‘No’ was definitely not an option. 



 

Chapter Posted on: Jun. 15. 2012

Yeay for this chapter!!! Hahahahah... Once again, it's a bit on the long side but i trust that you'll enjoy it very much, i hope! Hahahaha... ^^ Please as usual, to comment ok? =D No more shyness for Mona after this! Though i wonder how she'll tell dari about her new "friend". *wink wink*