-17-

In Love With An Idol (On hiatus)

A/N: double-update!!! using a friends laptop to upload this...(thank you so much!!! :D) however...hope you enjoy this chapter!! tomorrow I'll come back to germany, so then I'll update longer chapters....if I'm creative enough ;) 

 

 

It was already evening. You were lying in the grass, eyes closed.

Your clothes had finally dried, after Baekhyun had pulled you in the lake a few hours ago.

You smiled at the memory.

Keira!” You heard him call your name.

Your eyes shot open. “What the-”

Sunny appeared in front of you and jumped on your stomach.

She was completely wet, and now, you too.

YAH! Sunny! Thank you, how shall I become dry until we go home? It's already sunset!” You scolded.

The dog just blinked confused and happily ran away.

You rolled your eyes. “God, how I wish she would listen once. But don't matter how much I blame her, she doesn't understand anyway.” You ruffled your hair in despair.

He chuckled and took place next to you. “That's something you have to deal with.”

You sighed and pouted. “Don't wanna...”

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow at you. “I thought you're bad at aegyo.”

I am...when I do it on purpose.” You replied.

He smiled. “So I have to make you upset everytime I want you to be cute?”

You nodded.

His smile grew wider. Then he came closer to you.

He raised his hand and gently your cheek.

Sad...” He whispered, his face just inches away from yours.

I don't want to make you upset...”

Your heart beat faster as closer he came.

Baekhyun softly kissed your forehead, then he pulled away and grinned.

I won't make such a good friend like you upset.”

Your face fell. You just succeeded in making me upset...Friend...I never thought I could hate this word so much...

Baekhyun got up. “It's late. Should we go home?”

Still in your thoughts, you winced. “Huh? What? Oh...yes...sure...”

You grabbed all your belongings and slowly strolled home.

You didn't talk the whole walk.

When you were just a few blocks away from your home, Baekhyun broke the silence.

Everything okay?” He inquired worriedly.

Y-Yes...of course...why not?” You replied half-heartedly.

Baekhyun narrowed his eyebrows. He knew something was wrong with you. This was not how you usually acted.

Did I do something wrong? He thought back to everything he had done, but couldn't find out why you were mad now.

He sighed. “If you say so...”

 

The next morning the EXO members returned, except for Sehun.

He, Jisu and Chaemin would come back in the evening.

Hey Bacon! We're back!” Chanyeol shouted.

Baekhyun looked up from the book he was reading and glared at his friend. “I'm not deaf, Chanyeol. I can hear you if you use normal volume.”

The younger boy chuckled. “Sorry, Bacon. And? How was your weekend?”

Chanyeol sat down next to Baekhyun on the couch and smirked.

Nice.” The older boy answered. Then he continued to read.

We want details!” D.O. demanded.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows and glanced over his book. “What details?”

Okay guys! Let's make breakfast!” Suho determined.

Chanyeol and D.O. groaned.

More than happy about the change of the topic, Baekhyun raced into the kitchen and started to make kimchi with pork. Suho helped him.

While they were cutting the meat, Suho eventually asked Baekhyun.

What did you and Keira did together?”

He caught a glare from Baekhyun and raised innocently his hands. “Just asking...did you fight?”

The younger one avoided his Leaders gaze.

He hadn't exchanged a word with you since yesterday.

I don't know...did we fight? But what's the reason?

Suho sighed. That was not how he wanted this weekend to end. Having you and Baekhyun more awkward with each other than before.

In this moment, Baekhyun's cellphone rang.

Yes?...What?...When?...How?...Yeah...okay..wait a moment...” He looked at Suho.

Hyung? Did we get the newspaper from today?”

Suho blinked confused. “I think so...it must be anywhere in the living room, why are you asking?”

Baekhyun didn't respond and stormed into the next room.

 

Kai stared at the newspaper.

No...that can't be...” He mumbled, numb from the headline.

EXO-K'S BAEKHYUN AND HIS MYSTERIOUS NEW GIRLFIEND?

Yesterday, the young Idol had been seen with a pretty high school student at the Seoul Lake.

They were playing lovey-dovey at a lonely shore, and citizens also told us that they were kissing a few times...

 

Your eyes narrowed at the article.

We did not kiss! He just told me I'm his friend...

You pouted as you thought back at yesterday.

Whatever...what the are these reporters making up again?” You hissed while you read the completely fictitious story about you and Baekhyun having a make out session at the lake.

You stared at the picture. It showed you and Baekhyun when he was holding your hand to apology for throwing you into the water.

You bit your lip. “That is not good...”

 

You know Baekhyun, I don't care if you have a girlfriend, it's your right, but don't make it this public! Your fans will be really disappointed!” His manager scolded on the phone.

Baekhyun's gaze were fixed on the bunch of paper in his hand.

How much he wished it would be true what was written there, it wasn't.

Hyung! I don't have any girlfriend! And I didn't make any of the things that this insane reporter wrote! I was just out with a female friend, we had fun, but that's all!”

Maybe it's true, but no one knows it! And the news have a great influence over the people! So please Baekhyun. Be careful and don't go out with her the next weeks until this all has calmed down a bit, okay? You don't want her to get hurt, do you? You know sasaeng fans...they are uncontrollable.” His manager ended his speech.

Baekhyun nodded and hung up.

He hid his face in his hands. “.” He said.

Suho came over and grabbed the newspaper. He read the article, his eyes forming two huge 'O's.

Baekhyun-ah...did you really-”

NO!” The younger boy yelled. “I DID NOT! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE ING S OF REPORTERS! But whoever wrote this, I gonna kill him!”

Suho stepped back. He had never heard Baekhyun cursing so much.

Okay...I'm sorry. What did the manager said about it?”

Baekhyun sighed. “I shouldn't go out with her...it's too dangerous...”

Suho nodded. “Oh yes...sasaengs...Well, you can meet her here, right?” He tried to encourage his band mate.

But Baekhyun was worried. Worried how you will react when you read this article...

 

Kai listened to Baekhyun's and Suho's conversation.

So they're not dating?” He said to himself. A small hope raised in him. He wanted to talk to you, now. Right in this moment it knocked at EXO-K's door.

Suho ran over and opened it.

Outside were you, holding your copy of the newspaper.

You pointed at it. “What do we do about this?” You asked, staring alternately at Baekhyun and Suho.

Baekhyun shrugged. “Being careful and wait.”

Your eyes widened in disbelief. “What? We have to do something about the idiot who wrote the article and took the picture!”

Suho patted your shoulder. “I know you're angry, but we can't have more scandals now. So we can't beat up any photographer right now.” He said calming.

You sighed. “Okay..you're right.” You observed the room and noticed Kai standing close to you.

You bit your lip. “Well...I still have homework to do so...so I'll better leave now...” You excused yourself, avoiding Kai's gaze.

Suho grinned. “Need any help?”

You smiled. “Maybe later...I'll call you then.” You waved. “Bye Baekhyun! Bye Chanyeol, bye D.O, bye K-” You shut up and left.

Four pairs of eyes were directed at Kai. “What the-” D.O. began, but Kai left immediately and shut the door of his room close.

 

Back in your apartment you opened your laptop.

You really had homework left to do, but that could wait now.

After you couldn't find any name of the author or the photographer of that article, you searched the newspapers website.

On the homepage were a huge banner with the headline of the day, the same as in the newspaper.

Nevertheless, on the website were more pictures with you and Baekhyun.

What a stalker!

You scrolled down the page and fortunately found the names of author and photographer at the end of the article.

Your eyes widened when you read the photographers name.

Kevin Woo.  

 

A/N: MUHAHAHAHA CLIFFY! xD sorry....I bet now all of you are wondering what Kevin's role is in Keira's life huh? Well..if you wanna know...subscribe and wait for the next chapter :D