Sick

Exchange Student in B.A.P.'s Dorm

Yoon Mi Rae - Touch Love


Cold sneakers hit the sand with soft thuds as Daehyun walked over to you and Yongguk. He threw his arms around you, snuggling closer to warmth. “_______-ah~ I’m cold.” he whined, pressing his cold cheek against your neck, causing you to slightly jump. He looked pale and somehow sick. You placed you palm onto his forehead, a frown appearing onto your features. “You’re burning up!”

You locked your eyes with Yongguk. A worried look had replaced his warm smile. “I’ll take him home and you can stay with the others. I don’t think Junhong wants to leave yet.” you said, glancing at Zelo who was busy playing with his hyungs and waves.

Yongguk nodded, giving you a thankful smile. “Be careful.” You nodded before slipping an arm around Daehyun’s waist, steadying him, and softly nudged his side. “Let’s go, oppa.”

---

In some miraculous way you had managed to bring Daehyun back to the villa. He looked as if he was about to pass out, so you pulled him up the stairs and into his room. “Oppa, you’re quite heavy…” you whined as you laid him on his bed. He was paler, his skin burning hot, and cold sweat covered his forehead.

You sighed as you dashed off to the kitchen, grabbed a bowl that you filled with water, and ran back up to his room. You placed the bowl onto a table before rushing off to the bathroom to grab a clean cloth. Returning to his room, you soaked the cloth in water and twisted off the excess water. You placed the damp cloth onto his forehead and sat down next to him. Softly pushing away some hair from his eyes, you let yourself stare at his sleeping figure. Slowly your fingers wandered from his forehead, down to his nose, softly touching his cheeks, his sharp chin, until they reached his plump lips. You stopped yourself and pulled your hand back before anything else could happen.

You sighed as you pulled a chair next to the bed before you placed your arms onto his bed and rested your head on them. You stared at his face as your eyelids started to feel heavier by every blink. Slowly, but surely you fell asleep next to him.

 

Slightly cracking his bad, Daehyun stirred in his sleep. He took a deep breath and stretched his arms in the air. As he tried to move he felt something next to him. He looked to his left side, only to find your sleeping form. A sweet smile spread across his face as he observed your features. Softly, he brushed a lone tress behind your left earlobe, which was pierced with a silver heart. He continued to stare, taking in the image in front of him. 

“Saranghae.” he whispered softly, his smile being replaced with a sad one. *Even though I know that I won't have a chance with you. After all, you only see me as an older brother...*

His thoughts were interrupted by a beep, startling him. Daehyun looked at his phone that you had laid on the nightstand. It was signaling that a message had arrived. You stirred in your sleep, slowly waking up. Daehyun reached for his phone and read the message.

To: Daehyunnie~
From: Yongguk-hyung

Are you feeling any better? You made both me and _______ worry about you a lot~ Both Junhong and Himchan decided that we should get some bulgogi and go shopping so we won't come home in a while. Take care of _______ for me, arasso? ^^

- Gukkie-hyung~


Daehyun rolled his eyes at the message. “As expected...” he muttered. 

“What is?” you asked rubbing your eye tiredly. Daehyun smiled at you before ruffling your hair.
“Junhong and Himchan dragged everyone else to shop again. They won't come home anytime soon.” he said as he replaced his phone on the nightstand. You nodded as you patted your hair back into its place. 

“Are you hungry?” you asked, smiling sweetly. Daehyun could swear that his heart just melted by the sight. He nodded eagerly, earning a chuckle from you.

“I'll go make you something.” you said and stood up, before pointing at him with a stern look. “And you better stay in bed! You're the one who is sick.” He scoffed at you as you walked out of the door and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

You sighed as you stood up and went to the kitchen. You checked the refrigerator, deciding that you should make something that would make Daehyun feel better. Another sigh escaped from your lips as you closed the almost empty refrigerator and checked every cupboard, only to sigh again. Only things you found were some onions, cheese, dried bread and cereals, along with spices and sauces. You leaned against the counter and thought hard about what to do.

You decided to go with something safe. You placed an onion, some cheese and dried bread onto the counter. You opened the cupboard that had spices in it and searched for some bouillon cubes. “Just my luck...” you muttered as you located the package. Tiptoeing, you tried to reach for the top shelf, without any luck. You even tried jumping. Before you could start to climb on the counter a hand reached for the package easily and took it down. You felt a warm body press against yours. Your heart raced faster as you could smell the scent of Daehyun's cologne.

“Here.” he said, handing you the small package before he backed away. You thanked him as you felt blush creeping onto your cheeks. As you turned around you saw him leaning against a counter opposite of you. 
“What are you doing up? You should be resting!” you nagged. He chuckled, making your heart race even faster.

“I can't just let you do all the work. The least I can do is to keep you company.” You rolled your eyes at him. “Don't blame me if you will be sick next week also!” you continued to nag. He smirked before stepping closer to you. “So… What are you going to make?”

Now it was your time to smirk. “You'll see.”

---

About 40 minutes later, you and Daehyun sat at the dining table, a plate of streaming hot French onion soup in front of him. He broke the cheese on top with his spoon and tasted it, only to take a spoonful after another.

“This is delicious!” he exclaimed in between. You smiled in return. “My mom is obsessed with French food, so when I was sick she used to make this for me. Now that I think about it, she probably made it because it is quite cheap to prepare it.” you told him with a sad smile on your features.

He stopped eating for a while. “You shouldn't show that sad smile. You're here to enjoy your life with us. If memories make you sad, you should just focus on this moment. I mean, who knows what is going to happen tomorrow, and we shouldn't just live in the past. You are here now, and I'm happy that I was able to meet you. I probably never said this, but you really have changed my life — our lives. You came and made B.A.P into a better family. I’m really thankful for you.”

You felt something wet on your face as you listened to his words. Daehyun panicked as he stumbled over to you and took you into his arms. “Don't cry. I didn't mean to make you sad.” he whispered into your ear. You shook your head as you buried it into his chest. Listening to his heartbeat, you did your best to calm down.

“I don't cry because I'm sad, you silly. I cry because I'm happy. It makes me really happy to know how much I matter to you.” you said as you looked up, smiling genuinely. Daehyun felt how butterflies flew in his stomach. He cupped you face, brushing away your tears with his thumbs. His gaze fixed onto your lips. His face neared yours. Your cheeks felt hotter, as you couldn't tear your eyes from his plump lips.

The door opened and sound of laughter entered the house. You and Daehyun parted fast, as everyone else entered the villa. Daehyun went back to eating his soup, trying his best to calm down his heart. You on the other hand turned to the stove and started cleaning up as you tried to ignore the heat on your cheeks.
“_______-ah!” Himchan pulled you into a hug as soon as he entered the kitchen. “I missed you so much!” You could swear that you felt a rather angry gaze on you two as he pressed you even deeper into his embrace.

Yongguk sat down next to Daehyun. “Feeling better?” he asked with a smirk. Daehyun scoffed loudly as he showed more of the soup into his mouth, even though it didn't taste as good anymore.


A/N: Hello! ^^ I know that it has been more that forever since I last time updated, but as you probably know, senior high school life is quite hectic. Honestly I have no idea when I will be able to update the next time, but I will try my best to do it as soon as possible!

However, I'm going to reveal that soon there will be a plottwist and a new person might appear soon ;)

Thank you for everyone who has read/subscribed/commented, and to those who have had enough patience to wait for my updates!

Signing off - iheartchiken~