That Painful Feeling

Run That By Me AGAIN, I'M GOING TO BE MARRIED?!

 


Oh. Another Ms. Choi. I'm Choi Hye Soo, nice to meet you.                                           Hye Soo held out her hand for a handshake. Sulli just looked at it and chuckled. 

Are you crazy? I won't take your hand because you're the one who stealing my boyfriend.                   she said, scoffing off at Hye Soo. Just then, Kyuhyun came back with two bags of popcorn. 

Here you........ go.... Sulli-ah?                                                   Kyuhyun was shocked as he looked up to the other girl. Hye Soo saw his expression and took it as a boy-am-i-in-trouble-my-girlfriend-caught-me-with-her look. She sighed quietly and took the two bags of popcorn from Kyuhyun. 

I'll take that and you stay here, talk to her, explain and Jyungie and I will check on the other few things. Don't worry. We'll be at home before dinnertime.                                                                            she told him, patting him on the back and nudging him towards Sulli then skipping happily to Ren Jyung who was relaxing in the Starbucks cafe.

You better explain good, Kyu-ah. It's the day before our wedding.                                              she sadly whispered to herself as she peered over her shoulder back at the two. 

Done? But that's only two bags of popcorn. Where's he?                                                          Ren Jyung asked her as she reached him. She pointed over her shoulder and Ren Jyung saw Sulli and Kyuhyun talking and laughing like a couple which they must be. 

Okay, let's eat those..                                                                                                             he said, taking one of the bags of popcorn that Hye Soo was dazily holding. That brought her back to her senses and jerked it away. Ren Jyung was shocked at the weird behaviour she was having. 

No! This..... this is rubbish!                                                                                              she said before going to the nearby trash can and shoved it in. Ren Jyung just looked at her with mouth wide open. 

What is wrong with you?! You, yourself, trained us to not throw food!                                   he said as he grabbed her by the arm. That's when he saw her fully. Cheeks streaming with tears, nose sniffing quietly, eyes looking out, seemingly trance-like. He sighed, led her out, into the car and started the engine of the car. 

Where to?                                                                                                             he asked, not bothering to look at her. 

Catering.                                                                                                                 was the whispered word he heard from the crying Hye Soo. He took her phone from her hands and dialed Ae Mi. 

Ae Mi-ssi, please tell me where the catering service place you hired is located? We're going there now. Can you meet us?                      he said, taking a look at Hye Soo who was tear-clear, but still out of the world. 

Arrasseo. We'll be there.                                                                                   he answered before starting to drive to the new location. 

 

[ MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE MALL ]

What were you doing?                                                                                         Kyuhyun asked Sulli, who just looked at him with intensity. 

Nothing, I just couldn't take a thief's hand for a handshake. Why is something wrong with that?                                   she told him, without further ado. 

YAH! We've already talked about this. Besides, you have Jonghyun already!                                    Kyuhyun said, shaking the girl's shoulders. Sulli laughed.

I was just joking! And she really looked beautiful eh. But, what was with that expression of yours. You looked at me as if I was a ghost.               she said, giving a pat on his shoulder. 

You gave me a fright! Aish! Now look, they're already gone!                                                                 he told her, pointing at the empty table at Starbucks.

Yah, Kyuhyun-ah, who was that guy? He was so handsome.                                                            Sulli got all dreamy thinking about Ren Jyung.

YAH! I'll tell Jongie about that! He's Hye Soo's chef from the Philippines.                                       Kyuhyun said, waving his hand in front of Sulli who was in a trance-like situation, then his phone beeped.

AISH! Now, I have to go find them! Yah, attend our wedding, okay? Bring Jongie with you and explain to her.                  Kyuhyun said before running to the elevator to get to the parking lot. 

 

[ MEANWHILE]

We're here. Yah! Get out!                                                                                               Ren Jyung said, giving a soft shove to Hye Soo. They went out and entered the restaurant they were going to hire for the catering service, FAVORITE PLATES. 

Gwaenchana?                                                                                                            Ren Jyung asked her, noting the fact that her eyes were still misty with tears. She looked at him and just nodded, looking around for the manager of the restaurant. Twins came out from the office and welcomed them. 

Annyeong haseyo! Welcome to FAVORITE PLATES. We're Kwon Sarang and Samantha Sarang.                                 they said, as they shook the hands of the two. 

Could it be? That you are getting married?                                                           Sarang said, pointing to both of them. Ren Jyung laughed.

A-Aniyo! She... She's the one getting married. I'm still single. Besides, her groom must be on the way here now since I sent him a message.                    he said, shaking his head non-stop. The twins nodded and led them to a table and gave them the menu.

Ummm, who cooks here?                                                                            Hye Soo said, as she looked into their menu. 

We both do. But we're also nurses.                                                            said Sam, totally proud. Hye Soo looked up to them and smiled. 

Then, can you please cater for us?                                                              she said, taking the hands of the twins. The twins nodded and Hye Soo gave a squeal. 

Are you guys single by any chance?                                                                 Hye Soo surprisingly asked. Ren Jyung stood up.

YAH! We came here for food.. Not for asking ladies if they're single!                            he scolded her. The twins smiled and shook their heads.

It's okay! We're both single, Miss?                                                                     they asked for her name.

Ah! Mianata! I'm Choi Hye Soo. Aish! Jyungie!! You didn't introduce ourselves!                          it was her turn to scold him. 

Umm, Sarang.. Sarang-eonnie, can we try some of your specialties?                                           Hye Soo asked, making the twins nod and go to the kitchen together. While waiting, Hye Soo and Ren Jyung decided to sit down. There was silence in between them and only the sounds of cooking were heard when suddenly,

Jyungie, you know that painful feeling that you get when your girlfriend comes in contact with her ex?                           Hye Soo suddenly broke the silence. 

MWO?! W-Wh-Why are you asking me this, Hye-ah? You know about... about...                               Ren Jyung said, totally confused and surprised that Hye Soo knows about his past.