o u t

Found you.

 

[3 years ago, but 2 weeks fast forward in the past]

-Your/ Estelle’s P.O.V-

Oppa is fine by now, up and running.

But so is Dad.

I guess he let the matter drop for awhile. But two weeks is more than awhile. And besides, matter occupies space. The occupying of space of the matter is in Dad’s brain.

Once something is kept in Dad’s brain, it stays put there FOREVER.

I have a bad feeling that he’s gonna do something again to Oppa. Today.

 

 

 

-Narrative-

“NO! Please just give him another chance! It’s already a good thing that he got into SM! It’s really hard to get in there!” Mrs. Byun defended.

Yes. Mr. Byun is going to kick his own son out of the house.

Well, even though I’m just the poor little unknown narrator of the story, I can safely predict that Estelle is not going to like this.

She’s going to hate it, in fact.

Mr. Byun tried to reason out with a soft voice, “But honey, he has potential to be successful in the business industry. If he goes to SM, he’s going to be a solo singer, or whatever, that’s not going to help the company! MY company!”.

Mrs. Byun gave her husband a resentful glare. “You can hand your company over to Estelle!”

Her husband held the urge to hit her. Mrs. Byun challenged him, “Hit me! I dare you to!”.

His hand fell limp at his side. Even though, he angrily burst out, “THE COMPANY CAN NEVER BE HANDED OVER TO ESTELLE! SHE’S NOT OUR REAL CHILD!”.

As soon as those harsh words escaped from Mr. Byun mouth, he regretted it and fell silent. He hung his head low in shame because of what he just said.

Adopted or not, a child will always belong to someone, and is worth something big. Mr. Byun, however, does not have this mindset.

Mrs. Byun started crying. Not because she just argued with her husband for five times in a row for three days, but because it was true. It was true that Estelle was adopted, and it not her real child.

AND NOTHING could change it.

 

 

 

 

Decided. That Baekhyun has to leave. That he MUST leave, as Mr. Byun said.

“A disgrace,” he said. “A waste,” he said.

Of course Baekhyun were not those things. Things called lies, that’s what they are.

So Mr. Byun arranged a schedule for Estelle and his wife to be away from home. Although Mrs. Byun knew, there was nothing she could do anymore.

Estelle didn’t even know, but she already guessed it.

She rejected Chan Ling’s offer to go shopping, “My treat,” as Chan Ling said. But still, she rejected it. She has to. She MUST. It’s her brother we’re talking about here.

The second the bell rang, Estelle bade Chan Ling a rushed farewell and raced her way home. Just as she reached the front door and was going to open it, it was opened by a crying and miserable looking Byun Baekhyun, driven out by their father’s shouts. Their mother was trying to go after her beloved son, but her husband was holding her back.

When Baekhyun turned to face Estelle, he cried even more and gave her a massive bear hug. Both knew that it would be their ‘last’ hug.

She pulled away. “Oppa! Don’t go! Estelle pleaded with her tears rolling down her face.

Mr. Byun pulled Estelle into the house and held her back.

“DAD! LET GO OF ME! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! UMMA! DO SOMETHING! URGH LET ME GO!” she screamed at the top of her lungs.

“I’ll come back…” Baekhyun muttered tearfully under his breath and spun around to leave with his two suitcases packed with his belongings. He wanted to leave as quickly as he can, he didn’t want to make it harder for his sister and himself.

“Saranghae, as siblings,” both of them coincidentally said softly to each other, but each other’s voices could not be heard.

 

 

 

For the next moths that came, Estelle always had a mental breakdown whenever something or someone reminds her of her brother. Things like books, violence and even ice cream made her scream and shout as if she was deranged. She even had to go to a shrink to check if she was still sane or not. Chan Ling was the only one able to calm her down. With both parents of the two best friends permission, Chan Ling slept over at Estelle’s grand house until she was alright, which took up period of a month and a half.

Estelle was back to normal, avoided ice cream for some time, but soon appreciated its calming sweetness again. She would still cry if depressed ( which is perfectly normal for a depressed person to do) or thought of her brother too much.

Everyone tried their best not to let her know about EXO, which was gaining popularity and worldwide recognition that debuted three years later, which is [currently this time now].

All because her brother was in that band.

-------------------------------------------

Okie! Now back to the present! Bye past!

Continuing with her slight amnesia.

Pls continue to support this fanfic! XD

Till then~

 -Your truly human Machine XFF