Waffles and baseball bats

빛나는 별 ~ étoiles brillantes ~

Harumi95 presents the second chapter XDD OKAY - I know my writing style is different to UNDANKBAR UNNIE'S ^^; Anyway - unnie, ENJOYY~~! It's really late becuae I was really busy for a few hours nnie ^^; sorry XD

Youhee opened her eyes slowly, blinking at the bright sunlight. She blankly stared at the ceiling, wondering why she was on the sofa and not on her bed. A thick blanket was tightly wrapped around her body and she could feel Youjin sleeping next to her, the blanket gently rising and falling to her breathing.

 

She rubbed her eyes and struggled to get out of the sofa, trying to remember what happened before she slept. She found her worn bunny slippers strewn across the floor and tiredly stepped into them. Youhee tried once again to clear her blank mind, but she gave up after a short while and continued to walk down the cramped corridor - she might as well cook breakfast as she was already up.

 

Walking across the living room, she gaped at the huge cardboard box on the table. She sighed and shook her head, thinking that her shopping obsessed dongsaeng had once again used up her allowance over internet shopping.

 

As she reached the kitchen, she froze at a familiar smell. instantly watered as the sweet scent of waffles gently wafted from the kitchen door. She unconsciously started taking herself towards the door, dragging her bunny slippers across the carpet. As her hands were about to wrench the door open, her rational part of the brain kicked in. Her hands were instantly lowered – who was in there? It could be a robber… or a … or even a murderer!

 

Youhee swallowed loudly and backed away from the door. She had to do something before the man (presumably a male) came out! The element of surprise was available to her, so she should definitely take advantage. Her first thought was self-defense, so she grabbed the baseball bat next to the staircase. She held it up, took a deep breath, and without thinking properly, charged in to the kitchen; screaming loudly.

 

As she saw the figure in the kitchen, she suddenly remembered everything - she forgot how to breathe.

 

Onew was standing in the middle of the tiny room, wearing Youjin’s bright pink apron and holding a pan piled with golden waffles. He blinked at her, too shocked to say anything.

 

Youhee suddenly was too aware of her appearance – disheveled hair, unwashed face, her 3 year old ‘I Love Tofu’ pajamas… and not to mention the baseball bat, still raised high up and tightly clutched in her hands.

 

‘H-hi…’ Onew stuttered, his chocolate eyes widening slightly. ‘S-sorry for using your kitchen without your permission! It’s j-just that I was kind of hungry… and I saw the waffle mix in the cupboard so I just thought that I would… you know… make b-breakfast…’ He trailed off, a blush creeping across his face.

 

‘T-that’s fine! Really! Err… You can use anything you want… After all, you’ll be staying with us for a while…’ Youhee said lamely, not knowing what to do.

 

A short awkward silence followed, both of them staring at each other in embarrassment. In truth, it was the first time – EVER – for Onew to have seen a woman not related to him without any makeup; especially so early in the morning. He stared at her pajamas, fascinated how the seams were popping out and how the size was too small for the girl’s long figure.

 

After a few minutes, they were both getting a bit uncomfortable; Youhee with her baseball bat still lifted high up, and Onew with his frying pan in front of him. To their relief, the dreaded silence was broken by light foot steps, the sound muted by the thick carpet.

 

The door was pushed open and Youjin’s face popped through the gap: ‘UNNIE~~! YOU COOKED WAFFL-’

 

Youjin froze and her mouth hung open at the scene – how surreal could you actually get? Her idol, standing there with waffles and a pink apron with the letters: ‘Hot tofu…. BOO~ UNG~ *nosebleed*’, and her sister, with a baseball bat and looking ready to hit him any moment. What should she do in a situation like THIS?

 

Her brain had worked it out a long time ago.

 

She ran across the kitchen, screaming Onew’s name and jumping on him, pushing him off balance.

 

‘KYAAA!! ONEWONEWONEW ONEW OPAA~~~~~~!!’ Youjin buried her head into his soft sweater and took in his gentle vanilla scent. Unlike what she expected, Onew actually hugged back, chuckling slightly. She hugged him tighter and turned into her ultra fan-girl mode: ‘So. Oppa, how long are you staying, and how are you finding it, and how are you coping without the other members, and is OnKey really true? How about OnTaem? Jongkey is clearly not true…’

 

Youhee stared, half with astonishment and the other half with jealousy. How could Youjin adapt so quickly at such awkward situations? Tsk. Well, she was a fan girl herself, right? She frowned and marched up to the smiling pair, suddenly leaping onto Onew herself.

 

‘W-whoa!’ Onew nearly lost his balance at the impact, but smiled and welcomed the extra pair of arms – it had been a long time since he had a proper hug; with his busy schedule, he didn’t even have time to have a few hours to himself anymore…. He smiled and increased his grip on both of them, unaware of the blushing faces.

 

Onew thought happily: He finally felt at home… 

 

Gah! Not so happy about THAT :'( So many grammatical errors and te flow is BADD :'( oh well - I tried my best :)