The Jojic

빛나는 별 ~ étoiles brillantes ~

Harumi95:

 

‘And where do you think you’re going?’

 

Four burly bouncers blocked Taemin and Key from entering the casino. Taemin narrowed his eyes and clenched his fists in an attempt to control his anger at the impertinence.

 

‘Please move.’ Key stated calmly.

 

One of the bouncers chuckled deeply and imitated Key’s voice, accenting his high tone.

 

Key forced an angered smile. ‘We really need to get inside…’

 

‘And like we’ll REALLY let you in?’ The tallest of the bunch exclaimed. He then moved over to Key and did possibly the most stupid thing in his life: He slapped him, straight across his face.

 

‘Now get out! This isn’t a place for you pretty bo-‘

 

He was interrupted with a strong punch in the guts. The bouncer slid down to his knee with a light groan. Taemin kicked his face as hard as he could, and was rewarded with a loud crack and a shout of pain. He continued to kick in an angered frenzy, splattering the blood on his shoes and clothes.

 

‘How ing dare you…. You’re gonna die tonight bastard….’ Taemin spat, accentuating his words with a kick.

 

Taemin may have quit the Jojic (gang); but respect for past high ranks was basic – they had broken the first most important rule: never in any circumstances, disrespect a higher member. But these rookies… had just HIT a boss rank.

 

The thought angered Taemin even more and he started to punish the other three bouncers. Dodging their clumsy attacks, he spun around and rammed his hand against their vital points; instantly disabling all of them. He started to kick them one by one, only content to move on when their faces were destroyed to the extent that they were indistinguishable.

 

‘H-Hyung-nim!’

 

Key, who was watching the fight blankly, turned to see a man in a white suit, rushing out to the gates.

 

‘Ah… Joon…’

 

Joon ran as quickly as possible towards the fight. This was more than just disastrous… He was to blame – he shouldn’t have used rookies to guard the gates…! As the figures started to come in clear view, his heart stopped: Was that….. Taemin punishing the bouncers…?! His eyes blurred suddenly; he was going to die. He had just let one of his underlings insult the legends of their jojic. He threw himself on the floor in front of the two looming figures.

 

‘H-Hyung-nim…! Forgive me!’

 

Taemin stopped the kicking and slowly approached Joon.

 

‘Stand up.’ His voice was cold.

 

Joon stood up shakily. His head snapped sideways as he was met with a punch across his face. Blood started to dribble out of the corner of his mouth. He clenched his fists and shut his eyes; he was going to die.

 

When nothing came, he opened his eyes tentatively. Taemin was looking at him with a mixture of amusement and anger.

 

‘This kind of thing happens again… And I won’t be so easy on you…’ Taemin warned.

 

Joon heaved a relieved sigh. He was unbelievably lucky – it must be his night.

 

‘Yes, Hyung-nim!!’ He shouted, grateful for the mercy. ‘Boss is waiting for you, sir!’

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

‘Keun (big) Hyung-nim!!’

 

Key and Taemin bowed in front of the boss of their gang.

 

Yunho chuckled lightly. ‘Ah… so you came back? After all those years… I trust you are in good health?’

 

‘We are, sir, in excellent health…’ Key answered respectfully.

 

‘Yes… the incident is sorted out… I am sorry for making you involved like this…it’s just that Jaejoong wanted to call you for old times sake.’ He laughed at their annoyed expressions.

 

‘Then may we ask for permission to leave?’ Key said through gritted teeth.

 

‘… not just yet. I need to discuss some matters with you…’

 

‘Please go on, sir.’

 

‘Our business… needs good people to keep it strong. When the two of you left, the impact was very big – but we were able to fix it back up afterwards. The problem now is that I lost so many of those worthy few in the last couple of months…’

 

Taemin narrowed his eyes. ‘…Sir?’

 

‘Let’s put it in simple terms…We need you back.’

 

(l) love love Taemin's character XDD