“The truth is rarely pure and never simple.” (Oscar Wilde)

빛나는 별 ~ étoiles brillantes ~

Undankbar:


"Kibum, as much as I love shopping… it´s 19 o´clock! We have been doing this for ten hours straight!! AND WE DIDN`T EVEN GET TO BUY BEDS FOR YOU!!!"
As much as Key wasn´t to mess with when he was in shopping mood,  Youhee shouldn´t be objected when she was cranky as this.

Key nodded at her with raised eyebrows and glanced behind himself only to see 4 moving mountains of bags and of course Youjin who carried 5 bags and seemed strangely nervous.

The bed shopping went quicker than expected: Youhee simply had told the guys to stay put in front of the furniture shop taking her sister with her (under the protests of Key).

15 minutes later the girls emerged proclaiming that they had just chosen to get rid of their old bed (which would be stored in their cellar for the time being) and that they bought 4 super huge and comfy mattresses that they would just spread all over the bedroom floor.
Key seemed satisfied with this, as for the others... well they couldn´t really object because they were barely aware of their recent location as their view, ears and mouth were blocked with the masses of bags.



It was almost nine when they entered the apartment. As Jonghyun, Minho, Jinki and Taemin dropped their loads they sighed and sat exhaustedly on the floor while Key stalked unimpressed towards the kitchen.

"I´ll get you something to drink, Oppas." Youjin exclaimed skipping towards the kitchen. Upon seeing Key going there as well she stopped her tracks and looked around the room for her Unnie only to drag her along. After Taemin´s confession there was no way in hell that she´d stay in a room with Key alone.



"Noona, where is the rice?" Youhee who had her head in the fridge to see what they could possibly eat replied: "Right next to the sink."
It seemed strangely natural for those two to cook for everyone together and that was just fine for Youjin who made her way back into the living room with five cups and a bottle of mango juice.


She felt pity for the four guys that still hadn´t moved an inch.

"Here you go" she said after handing each of them the juice.
"Thank you so much!" Minho was so touched and attempted to hug her only to be pushed into Jonghyun by Onew.
"Yes, thank you." Onew smiled.

After five minutes of relaxing and nothingness (except for low chopping noises and talk from the kitchen) Youjin broke into the silence:
"So?" her gaze was fixed at Taemin making the other three curious.


A small smirk lingered on Taemin´s lips. "You really want to know?"
Youjin nodded.

"To shorten a long story: about 11 years ago I had the wrong friends. They´d use me to sell drugs at a high school. Later in Junior High I sold guns as well. Since I never got caught or even suspected the gang had taken a liking in me and they made me an official member. One year later I started mediating school girls to other gang member´s brothels. Then -"
"Oh my god!" Youjin´s eyes were already watery. She was so shocked at the supposedly "lovable Magnae´s" past actions. Jonghyun hugged her comfortingly and kept his arm around her.

"Oh please," Taemin rolled his eyes in annoyance "don´t feel pity for those girls! I never tricked them into doing these things! They just thought money was worth more than their honour. So what?? It was solely their decision."

Youjin still felt awful. "What happened then?"

"They wanted me to force some of the girls. I had to threaten their families and then I just couldn´t take it anymore and decided to start anew... leaving it all behind."

"I´m glad you did, Oppa." she smiled approvingly. "Then what about Key?"
None of the guys seemed to want to talk about this so there was an extremely uncomfortable silence.

Taemin shot a questioning look at Onew and started again: "Hyung has been through a little more. He had done some kidnapping and extortion when he was younger. He even managed a casino at a time. It´s amazing what positions they had given him at such an age. To me he was like a legend. Throughout Seoul you heard rumours in the gangs, that there´s this kid in Deagu that can do things, fight, manipulate, lead,... like no other."

"I don´t think Key ever told us everything." Jonghyun remarked quietly "and maybe that´s good."

Taemin nodded and continued: "The end was that his gang tried to kill another big gang leader by getting Key close to him."

"Like infiltrating his gang?" Youjin asked.

"Not quite" Taemin smirked, "You know. Key had worked in the shadows of the gang. People barely knew his face but they feared his name. And it just so happened that the gang leader they wanted to kill had a liking in pretty boys."

"Oh."

"Now you get the idea?" Youjin nodded lightly. Her cheeks started getting rosy. "Well he said that it got all too much to handle. Afterwards he had been like a god for his gang members but he had also turned into the number one target of all the other gangs."

"And that´s about it." Jonghyun closed the little story.

"Wow"
It was all a little bit too much for Youjin. She seemed deeply in thought. "There are still some things I´d want to know. Where is" she blushed a little at that part "Key´s tattoo?"

The four boys found it utterly adorable and smiled.
"It´s between his shoulder blades and about five times as big as Taemin´s." Onew told her and then gave her a wink before proceeding."But don´t tell him, we told you."

"I wont! I swear!" The mood seemed a lot better now. Yet still...
"The last thing I have to know." Youjin wore a very serious face now. "Has he ever ki"
"TIME TO EAT!" Youhee singsonged into the living room.
Minho quickly hurried to set up the table while Key and Youhee brought the food.


Youjin sighed about her question but then again it was maybe lucky she didn´t get to know.


"Oh my god I am starving!" Jonghyun looked at the dishes like he was in ecstasy.
"It looks really really delicious."
"Of course it does." Key and Youhee replied. "And it tastes even better!"

Youjin silently marvelled at Key´s personality. There he was: the cooking Umma that seemed like he could do no harm yet his band mates had just enlightened her about a part of him she was slightly terrified of.
She looked at her ohana; smiling faces (well except for Taemin but even he seemed kind of blithe) all around the table.
Right now Key and her sister were complimenting each other´s cooking skills.  

"... it´s really impressive how fast Kibum can chop things." Youhee said in awe making everybody laugh.
Luckily she missed out on the knowing glances.



Puh... let me know what you think about it,...

I´m also quite stupid...wrote myself so few parts ~_~

but at least I was hanging around with Key...teheee...we are now the cooking KiHee XD

(10.6.2010)