Congratulations!

Love in Different Languages

The doctor came out, with sweat all over his face. It must have taken him a lot of time trying to make the baby survive, and then all of a sudden he saw Chun and came towards him.

“Are you the husband of Ms. Ella Chen?” Dr. Cheng asked.

“Yes, yes. I am!” Chun replied, anticipating for what Dr. Cheng were to say to him, even before the day he stepped in the hospital.

“I’m here to inform you that a man by the name Josh appeared with your wife.” Dr. Cheng said. “Sorry to inform you, but he didn’t look that decent enough for me to tell him the news, so he left.” Chun just twitched at the thought and thought hard.

“He left Ella all by herself in this hospital?” Chun thought, his eyebrows fused.

“Anyway, he has no reason at all for me to tell him the great news!” Dr. Cheng exclaimed, happily causing all of Chun’s worries to slowly fade away.

“What’s the news?” Chun asked him curiously.

“So, you weren’t really aware?” Dr. Cheng asked.

“Aware of what?” Chun asked himself in thought. “How would I know what happened to my wife—I mean Ella if she was kidnapped?”

“Where were you exactly when your wife was having difficulties?” Dr. Cheng asked.

“Difficulties?” Chun asked again, which made the doctor really confused, thinking twice if he really is Ella’s husband. “It wasn’t my fault at all that she was kidnapped, she didn’t listen to me…”

“What, what kidnapped?” Dr. Cheng asked him, while Chun slowly looked up at him.

“She was kidnapped. That man named Josh was the one who took her away from me!” Chun yelled.

“So, that explains why that Josh guy was all messed up. He exactly looked like a robber or something.” Dr. Cheng thought.

“Thank you for the information. Your wife surely didn’t get lots of nutrition at that period of time, that’s why she was sent here!” Dr. Cheng said.

“Wait, wait!” Chun exclaimed. “I’m really so curious of what really happened to her?”

“Then, I should reveal the much awaited news.” Dr. Cheng replied. “Congratulations, she’s pregnant and I think that you’re going to be a father!?”

“What, seriously!?” Chun asked again. “I’m going to be a father!” He thought and smiled.

“I’m being serious here, since I’m your wife’s doctor!” Dr. Cheng replied. “Well, we’ve just done some tests on her and I think that there’s still ways to save the baby. She's got this l bleeding that concerns the baby.”

“Save the baby, is he or she in danger!?” Chun said, shaken by the thought of losing his child.

“I’m afraid so.” Dr. Cheng replied, looking down directly at the floor.

“So, what are those ways I can possibly do?” Chun asked, returning to his depressed state wherein he was missing Ella and all.

“There are actually a lot you can do!” Dr. Cheng replied. “After she gets checked out from the hospital, you will need to let her eat the right amount of food. You shouldn’t let her skip meals to make up for the meals she didn’t take. I’m afraid so that I think she wasn’t able to eat three times a day when you told me she got taken away!”

“Hm.” Chun replied, taking in all the important details Dr. Cheng was listing in his mind. Well, it sort of like he took it all in, for he thought that all those that the doctor was talking to him about seemed important.

“To top it all off, you would need to sacrifice a lot of time taking care of her.” Dr. Cheng said.

“I’m willing to do it all…” Chun replied. “For her and for our soon to be child.” He thought.

“Chun!” Arron yelled.

“Thank you, doctor. You’ve been a great help.” Chun said in hurry, with a smile on his face. “And thank you again for saving my wife!”

“I’ll go now. In the meanwhile, wait for the nurses that are in charge of her if she should be checked out or not.” Dr. Cheng said, walking away.

“We’ve been looking all over for you!” Joe said, resting his arm on Chun’s shoulder.

The minute they saw Chun smile, they knew that there was something going on that they didn’t know and they sure were excited to hear what that is about.